PDA

View Full Version : southern cal. fan club?

dana2340
10-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Looking to see if anyone knows of a fan club or any bars in southern california (specifically San Diego) where Bronco fans gather to watch the games.

BroncoKen
10-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Hi Dana. I live in San Diego (actually North County) and I have not heard of a particular bar that is featured for Bronco fans, although you might be on to something considering when I go to the games here at Qualcolm I often refer to the stadium as "Mile High West" because there are so many Bronco fans. Most of the local bars here are full of ignorant Raider fans or drunken Charger fans, so I prefer the NFL Sunday ticket and the company of my close friends. Good luck in your search and hope to see you in December at the Bronco vs Charger game.

sarcastic1
10-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Qualcomm has got to be the friendliest place for an opposing fan to watch a game. I went to the Chargers-Broncos game last year at the Q and it absolutely felt like a home game.

By the end of the game, Denver was kicking SD's head in and the place was still half full because there were so many Bronco fans.

I've been looking all over LA for a place and still yet to find a predominantly Bronco bar. There's gotta be though because I've seen one for the Eagles, Giants, Patriots, Raiders...oh wait the one for the Raiders is actually the LA County jail.

HateTheRaiders
10-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Any of you guys going to be tailgating at the Q on DEC 5 or know of any BIG tailgates in SD? I want the full experience for my first Bronco game.

BroncoKen
10-13-2004, 01:47 PM
I will definitely be at the Q with my grill fired up. Not sure what area in the parking lot we will be in this year but feel free to contact me as we get closer to December and you are more than welcome to join in our festvities as we root our Broncos on to another @#$ whippin at the expense the Chargers.

HateTheRaiders
10-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by BroncoKen
I will definitely be at the Q with my grill fired up. Not sure what area in the parking lot we will be in this year but feel free to contact me as we get closer to December and you are more than welcome to join in our festvities as we root our Broncos on to another @#$ whippin at the expense the Chargers.

Thanks for the invite Ken. I will definitely try and hook up with you and other Bronco fans to party it up before the game. Can't wait!

Madak
10-13-2004, 04:35 PM
i''ll be there too we should pick a meeting place and all hook up!!!

Madak
10-13-2004, 04:43 PM
we stay at the good-nite in about a mile from the stadium,so if there are more fans looking for a good place to stay its perfect!!

O&B4life
10-13-2004, 04:49 PM
I've been going to Rookies sports bar off hw 78. Last week I was one of 3 bronco fans there lol. and the week before that there were a half dozen of us there. It's gunna be interesting this week since there are a lot of roudy raider fans, but i'll still be wearing my Lynch jersey.

BroncoKen
10-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Rookies is a fun place. I live in Oceanside so it used to be my favorite spot until the invention of the Sunday Ticket. Now I can watch my team without the interuptions of those babbeling, myopic Raider fans. Its nice to hear that I am not the only Bronco fan in North County. Growing up as a SD native loving the Broncos hasn't always been the easiest pill to swallow.....lol.:D

Michael399
10-15-2004, 03:03 PM
We have to beat the Raiders.It will be a hostile environment but we have to remain calm and play smart.We need to keep plays short and be conscience of getting the ball in the end zone every time we get it.We can't hold it for too long or they will intersept and take over.Ruben has been playin tough and we can try to move the ball on the ground without throwing so much.There is nothing downfield but raider.Let's get a good handle on this game and score.I am out like Joe Louis was the first time.
We can pressure the QB and make some plays for our defense.Kerry colllins is very good at stayin in the pocket so we are going to have to force to run around the ends.Maybe he will throw the ball downfield but we have to start tyo take care of business on our side of the field and not too much talking.ok Mike/Greeley