• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SCI03
    Practice Squad
    • Mar 2004

Maybe you draft guys can help me?

I am an Former Arizona State University student. They are my college team. I thought Andrew Walter, their QB was a surefire 1st rounder. However I have not even seen him in the 1st or 2nd round in any mock drafts. I know he hurt his shoulder, is there any other reason why he dropped so far?
  • PRBronco
    Bench Warmer
    • Feb 2004

I tink it's the fact that his injury was so severe and to his throwing shoulder that now he's labeled an injury risk. I read that he also might not be healed in time for pre draft workouts, which definitely wouldn't help his stock. Whoever grabs him will probalby end up looking really smart though, like with willis mcgahee.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

Comment

• SCI03
      Practice Squad
      • Mar 2004

Thanks for the info, Hey I am coming up to Vancouver this weekend, Cruise Robson for a day. Hope the rain won't keep the ladies away?

Comment

• PRBronco
        Bench Warmer
        • Feb 2004

Hmm, Van's getting the rain pretty bad, but i think the chickies around there will be used to it by now, shouldn't keep them hidden away. Do you go to van often?

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
        ABWRFRC

Comment

• NJBRONCOSFAN
          26-Time World Champs
          • Mar 2004

From what i've heard, going into his junior season many people thought of Walter as a future first round draft pick.
          However, but apparently he lost some key members of his offense and struggled.
          He did have a very productive senior year, but scouts are weary because he played in a pass-happy offense.
          When you add to that the fact that he had a major injury which required surgery and it's hard to say where he'll go....Many still think he'll end up being a very respectable nfl quarterback, but a lot with depend on how he checks out medically at the combines, etc....in addition, he was named one of the 3 qb's for the south at the upcoming Senior bowl...as long as he has a good showing there, he will almost unquestionably be a first day draft pick, but not a 1st rounder most likely....regardless, he'll still be one of the top qb's chosen, but at this point, only two qb's are expected to go in the first round.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• MoFo_JoRo
            Playmaker
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
            From what i've heard, going into his junior season many people thought of Walter as a future first round draft pick.
            However, but apparently he lost some key members of his offense and struggled.
            He did have a very productive senior year, but scouts are weary because he played in a pass-happy offense.
            When you add to that the fact that he had a major injury which required surgery and it's hard to say where he'll go....Many still think he'll end up being a very respectable nfl quarterback, but a lot with depend on how he checks out medically at the combines, etc....in addition, he was named one of the 3 qb's for the south at the upcoming Senior bowl...as long as he has a good showing there, he will almost unquestionably be a first day draft pick, but not a 1st rounder most likely....regardless, he'll still be one of the top qb's chosen, but at this point, only two qb's are expected to go in the first round.
            Who Alex Smith and Frye?
            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

• NJBRONCOSFAN
              26-Time World Champs
              • Mar 2004

Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers, who are both expected to go in the top 5.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
                Franchise Moreno
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                Who Alex Smith and Frye?
                Alex Smith is a great quarterback that played great in his bowl game with Wisconsin(Right?) this year.

Charlie Frye is from Akron, he is under rated in my eyes, he's got a good arm, and is very mobile...
                sigpic

Comment

• NJBRONCOSFAN
                  26-Time World Champs
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                  Alex Smith is a great quarterback that played great in his bowl game with Wisconsin(Right?) this year.

Charlie Frye is from Akron, he is under rated in my eyes, he's got a good arm, and is very mobile...
                  Alex Smith is from Utah, played against Pittsburgh in his bowl game.

Comment

• SCI03
                    Practice Squad
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PRBronco
                    Hmm, Van's getting the rain pretty bad, but i think the chickies around there will be used to it by now, shouldn't keep them hidden away. Do you go to van often?
                    Couple times a year, we do a winter and summer trip.

Comment

• JacksonFan
                      Practice Squad
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SCI03
                      I am an Former Arizona State University student. They are my college team. I thought Andrew Walter, their QB was a surefire 1st rounder. However I have not even seen him in the 1st or 2nd round in any mock drafts. I know he hurt his shoulder, is there any other reason why he dropped so far?
                      Hey man, i didn't really follow your team this year, but i wanted to tell you that you are getting a very good runningback from colorado this year. He goes to my high school and you'll probably hear about him in the upcoming months. Get ready for Justin Askew.

Jake The Snake

Comment

Working...
                      X