• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diesel51
    Lost Sheep
    • Jul 2004

Uh-oh, Not Encouraging

So far I do not like what I am hearing about the RB situation. I love that MA the MARINE is doing his duty, but the fact that more than one camper has observed lethargic behavior from Bell makes me sick. He better get focused. And although I know on the pecking order Q is low, I sure would appreciate any thoughts on how he looks physically, as in, is he still able to make the cuts I've enjoyed throughout his collegiate and professional career? It is at least encouraging that he is above Dayne, as is Clarrett. But Bell's behavior(as observed by yall) has been disappointing to say the least.
    Oh, Did Williams(OSU DB) show any improvements over his F-Bomb tirade from earlier? And, that too is dissappointing. He needs to be a professional. Although I don't agree with vulgar language, I understand that it is apart of the game(NFL), still from one camper's observation, that sounded like a fit.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs
  • silkamilkamonic
    Sir-Nasty!
    • Jul 2004

Maybe Bell just isn't a practice player. That is a possibility. I don't believe he's just half-a$$ing it like the way it sounds. And if that is the case I am sure he has heard it numerous times from the coaches, and will continue to if he doesn't shape up.

Too bad, he could be a great player, if he isn't ready we're not going to have much at RB at all. Thank the lord for Shanny's system.

Comment

• jletourneau
      <--- Won in the Draft!!!
      • Mar 2005

Despite what I have seen and been discouraged by with Bell in practice thus far, I still think he has plenty of time to get it going. I really think the pre-season games and getting some live carries will fire him up more in practice as well.

Even if for some reason it doesn't, we've got a lot to be encouraged about at the RB position. M.A. is healthy and running well and Clarett might come out of the pack sooner than we think. If he stays consistent, I really believe Shanny will give him every shot to earn those incentives if he can stay consistent enough to earn their trust. Right now, he looks to be doing most things right and is playing a lot of special teams and helping out in practice in scout situations on special teams. Definitely earning his due.

Griffin looks healthy, but he fumbled again today and seems to continuously get swallowed up by the line of scrimmage. And I have never seen a player get hacked at more with defenders thinking they can strip the ball. Bronco defenders don't seem to respect his ability to hang onto the ball and are trying to use that to help their standing.

Comment

• rcsodak
        Step UP, or Step OFF!
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by jletourneau
        Griffin looks healthy, but he fumbled again today and seems to continuously get swallowed up by the line of scrimmage. And I have never seen a player get hacked at more with defenders thinking they can strip the ball. Bronco defenders don't seem to respect his ability to hang onto the ball and are trying to use that to help their standing.
        You don't think Shanny has TOLD the defenders to do this????

Its got many names, but is one of the best ways to get over the fumbles.....
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• KnightOLB53
          Practice Squad
          • Jan 2005

Maybe Preseason games will bring out the best of Bell to show he wants to be the starter.
          Last edited by KnightOLB53; 07-31-2005, 11:44 PM.
          Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

• DiehardinAlaska
            Special Teams
            • May 2005

Denverpost

The post article seemed to think he was doing fine. But maybe they weren't paying attention.
            "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Working...
            X