PDA

View Full Version : 9 th season stats Elway vs. Plummer

broncophan
10-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Just a look at comparing some stats of Elway and Plummer in their 9 th season in the league.....not to bash Plummer or Elway...I would pull for the broncos whoever our qb is.............both played 16 games

Elway (1991) completions /attempts 242/451 53.7
Plummer(2005) " " ' '' ' 277/456 60.7

Elway-- yards 3253
Plummer-- yards 3366

Elway touchdowns-- 13
Plummer touchdowns-18

Elway int. 12
Plummer 7

Elway fumbles 12
Plummer fumbles 4

Elway rating 75.4
Plummer rating 90.2

Elway team record 1991---12-4-----reg. season
Plummer team record 2005--13-3----reg. season

I don't have a link.....just searched a couple different Fox sports sites.
4 of Elways first 10 seasons he threw more int's than t.d.'s
Elways stats improved big time after Shanahan and Terrel Davis arrived....including of course his 2 superbowl wins :salute:

Giveemlove
10-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Just a look at comparing some stats of Elway and Plummer in their 9 th season in the league.....not to bash Plummer or Elway...I would pull for the broncos whoever our qb is.............both played 16 games

Elway-- yards 3253
Plummer-- yards 3366

Elway touchdowns-- 13
Plummer touchdowns-18

Elway int. 12
Plummer 7

Elway fumbles 12
Plummer fumbles 4

Elway rating 75.4
Plummer rating 90.2

Elways stats improved big time after Shanahan and Terrel Davis arrived....including of course his 2 superbowl wins :salute:

Great stats....too bad they aren't gonna look that good this season. :ugh:

TXBRONC
10-18-2006, 08:52 AM

Elway-- yards 3253
Plummer-- yards 3366

Elway touchdowns-- 13
Plummer touchdowns-18

Elway int. 12
Plummer 7

Elway fumbles 12
Plummer fumbles 4

Elway rating 75.4
Plummer rating 90.2

This isn't a very good comparison. Elways didn't Shanahan or the same kind of talent around him that Jake has had.

broncophan
10-18-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm sure some of the earlier years when Elway's stats were not too good....and believe me ....he had a few.....we went to the superbowl.....we got our butts kicked......but we went to the superbowl........that is still a credit....not a "bash" to Elway it's not his fault we gave up 55 points to the 49'ers , and gave up 35 points in ONE QUARTER to the redskins.......a record that will never be broken in any of our lifetimes :duh:

broncophan
10-18-2006, 09:04 AM
This isn't a very good comparison. Elways didn't Shanahan or the same kind of talent around him that Jake has had.

Who inparticular......did Jake have last year that was so much more talented than what Elway had?

I know...Elway needed a running game....or the broncos were not going to win any superbowls.....

TXBRONC
10-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Who inparticular......did Jake have last year that was so much more talented than what Elway had?

I know...Elway needed a running game....or the broncos were not going to win any superbowls.....

Elway didn't have the same kind offensive line, as you mentioned a running attack like this one, or Rod Smith who last season put probowl numbers. He also didn't have a deep threat like Lelie, regardless of whether or no you thind he very good receiver overall, he still could stretch the field vertically and open up the underneath routes for Rod and the TE's.

Edit: Also Elway didn't have Shanahan.

Mtdonkeyfan
10-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Mike Anderson better than any rb in 91, Rod Smith better than any wr in 91, 05 oline way better than oline in 91. enough said my memory isnt good enough to go through the entire list but to put it more simply 91 broncos WERE John Elway 05 broncos Jake was a part of them.

broncophan
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Mike Anderson better than any rb in 91, Rod Smith better than any wr in 91, 05 oline way better than oline in 91. enough said my memory isnt good enough to go through the entire list but to put it more simply 91 broncos WERE John Elway 05 broncos Jake was a part of them.

Gaston Green was a 1000 yard rusher....I believe we had the "three amigos."....Vance Johnson at wide receiver, and Shannon Sharpe......as well

TXBRONC
10-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Gaston Green was a 1000 yard rusher....I believe we had the "three amigos."....Vance Johnson at wide receiver, and Shannon Sharpe......as well

I can't remember for sure but I don't think the "three amigos" were still intact in '91. We had Vance I remember that even so those three together weren't as good as Rod was at 35 years of age last season. Gaston Green? Please. Mike Anderson may not have been the most talent back in League but he was still better than Green. Btw Elway also didn't back up running back of the caliber of T. Bell. It isn't a good comparison.

broncophan
10-18-2006, 09:35 AM
I can't remember for sure but I don't think the "three amigos" were still intact in '91. We had Vance I remember that even so those three together weren't as good as Rod was at 35 years of age last season. Gaston Green? Please. Mike Anderson may not have been the most talent back in League but he was still better than Green. Btw Elway also didn't back up running back of the caliber of T. Bell. It isn't a good comparison.

Make fun of Gaston Green all you want,,,the fact is he did rush for over 1000 yards .....I agree they didn't have a great backup rb at the time (Steve sewell maybe?).......I like Rod Smith,,,,,but Vance Johnson and Mark Jackson, did have a couple of good years there that I would put up against Smith........not of course over all career

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 09:46 AM

Elway-- yards 3253
Plummer-- yards 3366

Elway touchdowns-- 13
Plummer touchdowns-18

Elway int. 12
Plummer 7

Elway fumbles 12
Plummer fumbles 4

Elway rating 75.4
Plummer rating 90.2

Now compare Elways come from behind wins vs Plummers (AS A BRONCO), Compare Elways Playoff wins to Plummers, Compare Elways Superbowl wins to Plummers ...

GG you loose.

DrunkPanda
10-18-2006, 09:51 AM
stop comparing elway's stats to plummer's . did elway have a top 5 defense in his 9th season? did he have two probowl receivers? did he have a good runningback?

broncophan
10-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Now compare Elways come from behind wins vs Plummers (AS A BRONCO), Compare Elways Playoff wins to Plummers, Compare Elways Superbowl wins to Plummers ...

GG you loose.

Plummer and the broncos have had their share of wins since Plummer has been there(while Elway has played of course alot more games than Plummer)...I bet Plummers winning percentage as a bronco is better, come from behind wins are overrated in my opinion, and as far as the superbowl wins go......with Terrel Davis there....I think Plummer would have got it done

broncophan
10-18-2006, 09:59 AM
stop comparing elway's stats to plummer's . did elway have a top 5 defense in his 9th season? did he have two probowl receivers? did he have a good runningback?
He had the best tight end in football.....and a 1000 yard rusher.....and who were our 2 hof receivers last year?

DrunkPanda
10-18-2006, 10:08 AM
i made a mistake, i was thinking about this year in terms of rceivers (walker and smith). anyway, the main points is that he had the best rushing attack in the league (atlanta doesn't count because a lot of their rushing yards came on passing plays where vick scrambled, not true rushing plays). and he had one of the best defenses in the league. plummer had smith and lelie (some say smith should go to hof and lelie isn't a bad receiver). he didn't have to do much to win the games

Ravage!!!
10-18-2006, 10:20 AM
yeah.. jake's definitely right up their with the HoF talent..... :coffee:

TXBRONC
10-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Make fun of Gaston Green all you want,,,the fact is he did rush for over 1000 yards .....I agree they didn't have a great backup rb at the time (Steve sewell maybe?).......I like Rod Smith,,,,,but Vance Johnson and Mark Jackson, did have a couple of good years there that I would put up against Smith........not of course over all career

Vance Johnson is the only of that trio to ever break 1,000 yards and he only did that once that I'm aware of (1989). Go year to year if like. In fact take the total number of years that they played and match them up with same number or years of Smith and Rod will beat each one individually and maybe even collectively.

KeystoneBronco
10-18-2006, 11:26 AM

GG you loose.

GG you lose? you can't seriously be as dumb as you portray to be. I hope you are kidding that you think you won someting out of this idiotic statement.

All this person was doing is showing comparison stats, which are pretty impressive and nice to know for people who didn't (like myself).

Do you really feel you and others that make moronic comments on this topic actually gain something?

It's getting old all these pre-pubescent children that come on here and talk crap when all this person was doing was posting some stats.

If you have something relevant to say with stats, post them, i'd love to heard them as would the rest of the community, but if all you want to do is come on here and spew your moronic ramblings out on a topic that actually was interesting, create your own so I don't have to read them.

In closing i'd like to quote some moron I read recently.

"GG you loose." and it's lose moron.

broncos_mtnman
10-18-2006, 11:33 AM

We did have them, but COMBINED they only accumulated about 1000 yards. In addition, they only TOTALED 6 TDs...

Mark Jackson - 33 receptions / 603 yards / 1 TD
Vance Johnson - 21 receptions / 208 yards / 3 TD
Ricky Nattiel - 16 receptions / 288 yards / 2 TD

As far as the Mike Anderson comparison goes, let's not forget that Bell also ran for nearly 1000 yards. Our running game last season produced 2235 yards (including Dayne, Sapp and Johnson).

The running game in 91 didn't come close to that...

Gaston Green - 1037 yards
Bobby Humphrey - 33 yards
Greg Lewis - 376 yards
Bob Perryman - 45 yards
Reggie Rivers - 5 yards
Steve Sewell - 211 yards

Wow, now there's a HOF lineup of running backs... *sarcasm*

These Elway / Plummer comparisons are a joke. If you're going to look at the 9th year, then let's look at what the totals were for each after 9 years, shall we? Oh wait, I can't do that, since Jake used to play in AZ.

Oh yeah, one more thing...

Elway had a 7-5 playoff record in his first 9 seasons, appearing in 3 SBs, was 1987 NFL MVP/Player of the Year and 1987 AFC Offensive MVP/Player of the Year, and made 3 probowls (the real way).

Jake has a 2-4 playoff record, has never appeared in a SB, was never an MVP, and has backed in to 2 probowls.

:coffee:

hbk3030
10-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Gaston Greens back up in 91 was bobby humphrey who was a 2 time 1000 yard rusher and was a pro bowler the year before. He held out in the pre season and lost his job to green. So i would say that green had a nice back up. But im not trying to get in the middle of this saying jake compares to elway, because he doesnt . im just stating a fact.

BroncoFlyhalf
10-18-2006, 12:00 PM
We did have them, but COMBINED they only accumulated about 1000 yards. In addition, they only TOTALED 6 TDs...

Mark Jackson - 33 receptions / 603 yards / 1 TD
Vance Johnson - 21 receptions / 208 yards / 3 TD
Ricky Nattiel - 16 receptions / 288 yards / 2 TD

As far as the Mike Anderson comparison goes, let's not forget that Bell also ran for nearly 1000 yards. Our running game last season produced 2235 yards (including Dayne, Sapp and Johnson).

The running game in 91 didn't come close to that...

Gaston Green - 1037 yards
Bobby Humphrey - 33 yards
Greg Lewis - 376 yards
Bob Perryman - 45 yards
Reggie Rivers - 5 yards
Steve Sewell - 211 yards

Wow, now there's a HOF lineup of running backs... *sarcasm*

These Elway / Plummer comparisons are a joke. If you're going to look at the 9th year, then let's look at what the totals were for each after 9 years, shall we? Oh wait, I can't do that, since Jake used to play in AZ.

Oh yeah, one more thing...

Elway had a 7-5 playoff record in his first 9 seasons, appearing in 3 SBs, was 1987 NFL MVP/Player of the Year and 1987 AFC Offensive MVP/Player of the Year, and made 3 probowls (the real way).

Jake has a 2-4 playoff record, has never appeared in a SB, was never an MVP, and has backed in to 2 probowls.

Jake has John beat as far as cumulative stats through nine years goes:

Elway: 2201-4023-27974-148-140 74.4 rating
Plummer: 2309-4033-27259-150-148 75.1 rating

from www.profootballreference.com and http://www.primecomputing.com/

You certainly can't compare the playoff records, SB appearances, MVP awards, or legit Pro Bowl invitations. Elway was lord.

tnedator
10-18-2006, 12:05 PM

Very good point, the early '90s weren't good years for the Broncos.

However, many people are quick to point out Plummers stats in AZ, and he had even worse talent coaches around him then Elway did in the '90s.

tnedator
10-18-2006, 12:15 PM
I posted some stats, but realized they were for '92, not '91.

In '92, Sharpe had some very good numbers, but in '91 he was just ok (rookie year?), and the running backs were very week, with Sewell being the leading rusher.

legend111
10-18-2006, 12:19 PM

Jake had a dominating run game and and good defense tHAT FORCED TURNOVERS

JUST LIKE KYLE ORTON LAST YEAR A THIRD ROUND PICK FROM PURDUE WHO ALSO LED HIS TEAM TO A NUMBER 2 SEED DOING ABSOLUTLY NOTHING.

CHAMP BAILY IS THE BRONCOS CURRENT BIGGEST STAR NOT PLUMMER

WHEN ELWAY WAS QB THERE WAS'NT REALLY AND QB CONTROLVERSY.

SBAlki
10-18-2006, 12:28 PM
How many of you people were actually Bronco fans back then? Do you actually remember this season? We were a defensive team that year... Mike Croel was the ROY... fletcher had a bunch of sacks... and we almost changed history and went back to the Super Bowl... if it wasn't for treadwell.

SBAlki
10-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Actually if you remember.... Reeves drafted AATommy Maddox the next year. There was alot of heat on Elway after the 49ers SB, and then the next year debacle. Also, Sharpe was a reciever his rookie year

tnedator
10-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Jake had a dominating run game and and good defense tHAT FORCED TURNOVERS

JUST LIKE KYLE ORTON LAST YEAR A THIRD ROUND PICK FROM PURDUE WHO ALSO LED HIS TEAM TO A NUMBER 2 SEED DOING ABSOLUTLY NOTHING.

CHAMP BAILY IS THE BRONCOS CURRENT BIGGEST STAR NOT PLUMMER

WHEN ELWAY WAS QB THERE WAS'NT REALLY AND QB CONTROLVERSY.

There is very little similar about Orton and Plummer or the Denver defense of last year, and the Bears defense.

Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
7 Jake Plummer DEN 3366 456 277 18 7 72 90.2
34 Kyle Orton CHI 1869 368 190 9 13 54 59.7

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 01:35 PM
and as far as the superbowl wins go......with Terrel Davis there....I think Plummer would have got it done

Yeah I could see TD getting 3k yards agianst teams that were 8 in the box since they know Plummer is no threat...

Funny thing is that Plummer could not get it done with someone almost as great as T.Davis (C.P). I guess your thinking that T.D would have HIT those guys returning Plummers Interception and Fumbles, causing them to fumble, then returning the fumble for a Touchdown.....

In that case then I agree with you..

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 01:39 PM
There is very little similar about Orton and Plummer or the Denver defense of last year, and the Bears defense.

Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
7 Jake Plummer DEN 3366 456 277 18 7 72 90.2
34 Kyle Orton CHI 1869 368 190 9 13 54 59.7

Try comparing Plummers stats THIS YEAR hero.

UberBroncoMan
10-18-2006, 01:41 PM

GG you loose.

How old was Elway when he won his SB's. BTW Plummers win % is higher than Elways with Shanahan now and Plummer is I believe 1 or 2 combacks from overtaking Elways career record and beeing #2 alltime in NFL history (and Plummer is still not that old). Also, Plummer has made it to the playoffs every year with the Broncos. I love Elway, but stupid comments like yours make me laught.

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Plummer is I believe 1 or 2 combacks from overtaking Elways career record and beeing #2 alltime in NFL history

You "Believe" wrong, Plummer is no where near 40+ Come-from-behind victories....I'll say it agian, NO WHERE NEAR! I would tell you but that would be to easy and most likely you would brush it off anyways, how about you go research it and actually try to learn something.

Plummer has made it to the playoffs every year with the Broncos.

Yeah and he is 1-3, guess your forgot to add that.

I love Elway, but stupid comments like yours make me laught.

Speaking of "stupid" comments that make people "laught" ... Well done :clap:

And now for all the people that still want to compare a great like John Elway to Plunker...

READ MY SIG!
Game Over...THE END

tnedator
10-18-2006, 03:16 PM

Time to stop being a butt head with you snied little comments.

The thread is related to Plummer's 9th season (last year), which is also the season that Orton played. So there can be no comparison of Plummer and Orton this year.

tnedator
10-18-2006, 03:19 PM
And now for all the people that still want to compare a great like John Elway to Plunker...

READ MY SIG!
Game Over...THE END

Well, for starters YOUR sig is wrong, Elway was not 47-17 in the regular season in his four years under Shanahan.

Some advice. If you are going to be a rude punk, get your stats right.

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Time to stop being a butt head

Keep your personal attacks to yourself or to PM's.. I have all types of things I would like to call you and people like you but I refrain from doing it.

BTW check the title of this thread then get back to me.

BroncoFreak93
10-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Elway by far!

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Well, for starters YOUR sig is wrong, Elway was not 47-17 in the regular season in his four years under Shanahan.

Some advice. If you are going to be a rude punk, get your stats right.

Prove it.....

tnedator
10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Keep your personal attacks to yourself or to PM's.. I have all types of things I would like to call you and people like you but I refrain from doing it.

If you don't like it, then don't instigate it with 'Hero' cracks. You used Hero in the same way I used Butt Head. Don't like it, clean up your house first, bubba.

tnedator
10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Prove it.....

I don't have to. Anyone that isn't a moron, knows that Elway didn't go 47-17 in his final four years.

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 03:25 PM
If you don't like it, then don't instigate it with 'Hero' cracks. You used Hero in the same way I used Butt Head. Don't like it, clean up your house first, bubba.

What on earth are you talking about? Hero is a positive term..I actually think your a Hero lol...Hero

Now about you proving my stats were wrong? Still waiting.

tnedator
10-18-2006, 03:30 PM
What on earth are you talking about? Hero is a positive term..I actually think your a Hero lol...Hero

Now about you proving my stats were wrong? Still waiting.

You and I both know that you were slamming me with your hero remark, just like I am MAN enough to say I was slamming you with the Butt Head and Bubba cracks (following your Hero remark).

Why should I do your homework for you. I assume you aren't a moron, so you should know that your stats are false.

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 03:34 PM
You and I both know that you were slamming me with your hero remark, just like I am MAN enough to say I was slamming you with the Butt Head and Bubba cracks (following your Hero remark).

Why should I do your homework for you. I assume you aren't a moron, so you should know that your stats are false.

Your comical.. really..(lol) Keep inserting your foot in your mouth though.. Its funny.

On second thought I suggest you actually look it up before you make a bigger fool of yourself though.

Snk16
10-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Since they played an unequal amount of games in the regular season, we have to go by the winning percentage.

Jake: 68.8% (Round up it is: 70%)
Elway: 73.4% (Round down, it is: 73%)

So Jake's up there with Elway.

Elway is no doubt a better QB than Jake but the fact of the matter is that when Jake plays at QB, we win. Whether or not Jake is helping us win, or not, is debatable. But the same could be said for Elway.

All I'm asking for is consistency here.

If you're going to say that Elway went 47-17 and won those games, then we must say that Jake is going 37-16 and he won those games.

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 03:38 PM
If you're going to say that Elway went 47-17 and won those games, then we must say that Jake is going 37-16 and he won those games.

I would except for the fact that Elway played so good in 3 of 4 of those years that he actually was a Pro Bowl selection.... Can we say the same for Plummer in the majority of those years? Hell we can't even say it in 1, were he was a alternate lol.

Man I swear no matter what facts I put to you Plummer fantics you just will not accept them.. Don't matter facts don't lie, people do..

Lorcust
10-18-2006, 03:42 PM

Okay, easy to do when Kyle Orton has played as often as Jay Cutler.

____G__GS__Att__Comp__Pct__Yards__Long__TD__INT__Q B Rating

Jake:

____5__5___128__68____53.1__775__83____3___5____63 .1

Orton:

____0__0___0____0____0__0____0_____0___0___0.0

Yep, looks like Jake is still doing more to help his team win than Orton, although I don't see why you wanted to compare them this year. :confused:

Oh and legend... There WAS QB controversy for a short time with Elway, ever heard of Tommy Maddox? Or did you hear all the crie of Elway couldn't win the big game and that he needs to retire? Sound familiar.

Bronco fans weren't exactly enamored with Elway in the big games before 97 and 98 as far as I know.

broncos_mtnman
10-18-2006, 03:43 PM

Well, the record was accurate for the team (47-17), but PlummInt didn't factor in the games John missed.

John was 44-16 under Shanny from 1995-1998 (4 seasons).

Not much of a difference (.734 vs .733).

So the point is still VERY valid.

Lorcust
10-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I would except for the fact that Elway played so good in 3 of 4 of those years that he actually was a Pro Bowl selection.... Can we say the same for Plummer in the majority of those years? Hell we can't even say it in 1, were he was a alternate lol.

Man I swear no matter what facts I put to you Plummer fantics you just will not accept them.. Don't matter facts don't lie, people do..

Just because Jake wasn't a top 3 AFC QB doesn't mean he didn't help the team win.

Your right, facts don't lie. People do.

Facts are only justified by people when they support their side. I think we can say that for EVERYONE in this pissy fight.

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Okay, easy to do when Kyle Orton has played as often as Jay Cutler.

____G__GS__Att__Comp__Pct__Yards__Long__TD__INT__Q B Rating

Jake:

____5__5___128__68____53.1__775__83____3___5____63 .1

Orton:

____0__0___0____0____0__0____0_____0___0___0.0

Yep, looks like Jake is still doing more to help his team win than Orton, although I don't see why you wanted to compare them this year. :confused:

Another lost one here..

The person that I was talking too was trying to compare Plummers last year stats to Ortons.. And I said compare his stats THIS YEAR to ortons last years.. Since you know thats what people are talking about, the fact that Plummer is playing bad on a good defense like Orton did last year for the Bears....

tnedator
10-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Well, the record was accurate for the team (47-17), but PlummInt didn't factor in the games John missed.

John was 44-16 under Shanny from 1995-1998 (4 seasons).

Not much of a difference (.734 vs .733).

So the point is still VERY valid.

Yes, his point is very valid, Plummer is no Elway, like Clinton is no JFK.

The point is that he was touting his great stats and then stated I didn't know what I was talking about, when HIS stats were wrong. My point was if you are going to be cocky, at least try and get it right.

Thanks for educating him.

Lorcust
10-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Another lost one here..

The person that I was talking too was trying to compare Plummers last year stats to Ortons.. And I said compare his stats THIS YEAR to ortons last years.. Since you know thats what people are talking about, the fact that Plummer is playing bad on a good defense like Orton did last year....

It's a different year, why are you comparing different years?

Why does it matter if I'm lost on a MEANINGLESS statistic. Jake's play this year, on the BRONCOS, to Kyle Orton's last year, on the BEARS.

No skin off of my back if I'm wrong about it.

Maybe you should try getting your own FACTS right (like Elways record in Shanahan years) before you try to call me lost, k?

Go work on that.

tnedator
10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Your comical.. really..(lol) Keep inserting your foot in your mouth though.. Its funny.

On second thought I suggest you actually look it up before you make a bigger fool of yourself though.

While you DIDN'T look it up, MTN came to your aid.

Good job fixing the stats in your sig. You might want to consider consulting with Mtn before posting stats in the future.

I am here and willing to accept your appology as soon as you man up enough to offer it.

tnedator
10-18-2006, 03:55 PM
It's a different year, why are you comparing different years?

Why does it matter if I'm lost on a MEANINGLESS statistic. Jake's play this year, on the BRONCOS, to Kyle Orton's last year, on the BEARS.

No skin off of my back if I'm wrong about it.

Maybe you should try getting your own FACTS right (like Elways record in Shanahan years) before you try to call me lost, k?

Go work on that.

Last year Jake didn't have 10 of the 21 offensive players in a new bronco uniform for the first time. Last year Jake didn't lose his OC. Last year the Broncos didn't have a top 5 defense. Last year the Broncos played a different schedule.

Does anyone have any clue why PlummerINT is trying to compare apples and kiwis?

Snk16
10-18-2006, 03:55 PM

Elway played well, no doubt.

But can't you say that it was his supporting cast that helped him get those pro bowl years?

If you're going to apply something to Plummer, apply it to Elway.

Since we like to say that Jake doesn't win games, or playoff games without support from his supporting cast:

Elway didn't win any Super Bowls until he got a good Run game (Terrell Davis).

I'm not saying that Plummer is better, all I'm asking for is a little consistency.

Lorcust
10-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Last year Jake didn't have 10 of the 21 offensive players in a new bronco uniform for the first time. Last year Jake didn't lose his OC. Last year the Broncos didn't have a top 5 defense. Last year the Broncos played a different schedule.

Does anyone have any clue why PlummerINT is trying to compare apples and kiwis?

Because these debates have come down to (sometimes):

Toss out whatever comes into your head out there, Don't think, that would be bad, very bad, against all reason to do so.

So now we get half-assed statistics and bizarre comparisons and are expected to have it "enlighten" "the lost."

Black00SS
10-18-2006, 04:02 PM

So did Plummer, he threw more Int's than TD's 4 years in his first 10 seasons.

Plummer has also thrown for 20 or more interceptions in 5 of his first 10 years.
Elway only threw 20 or more INT's in a season, one time in his 16 year career.

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 04:08 PM

Good job fixing the stats in your sig. You might want to consider consulting with Mtn before posting stats in the future.

I am here and willing to accept your appology as soon as you man up enough to offer it.

Oh look your back to run you mouth after you could not say a thing before untill Mtn had to help you out.. And even with the games missed it still is apparent that your boy Plummer is a pale comparison to Elway.

And incase you and your little friends forgot the title of this Thread was trying to compare Elway to Plummer.. Just one of the many threads trying to compre your superturd to a great.

Lorcust
10-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Oh look your back to run you mouth after you could not say a thing before untill Mtn had to help you out.. And even with the games missed it still is apparent that your boy Plummer is a pale comparison to Elway.

He said your point was valid.

You were the one lauding around about the "lost ones" and how he needed to get his foot out of his mouth and how he needed to:

look it up before you make a bigger fool of yourself though.

Please, get a grip, as if Plummer didn't miss games either (2003).

PlummINT
10-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Elway played well, no doubt.

But can't you say that it was his supporting cast that helped him get those pro bowl years?

If you're going to apply something to Plummer, apply it to Elway.

Since we like to say that Jake doesn't win games, or playoff games without support from his supporting cast:

Elway didn't win any Super Bowls until he got a good Run game (Terrell Davis).

I'm not saying that Plummer is better, all I'm asking for is a little consistency.

I never thought I would see someone type Plummer and the word consistency in the same sentence...Frankly im amazed.

And I will end here, since this is like talking to Plummers relatives.... Elway took teams of little talent to Superbowls... TO SUPERBOWLS... Plummer took teams of little talent to 1 playoff win... 1 PLAYOFF WIN.

Lorcust
10-18-2006, 04:16 PM
I never thought I would see someone type Plummer and the word consistency in the same sentence...Frankly im amazed.

And I will end here, since this is like talking to Plummers relatives.... Elway took teams of little talent to Superbowls... TO SUPERBOWLS... Plummer took teams of little talent to 1 playoff win... 1 PLAYOFF WIN.

Subsequently LOSING those superbowls in the process, until he got some more help of course.

Last I checked, there wasn't a complimentary prize for 2nd place... :coffee:

Meaning, the looser gets as many rings as the looser of an AFC CG.

Also, I thought you said Plummer didn't take us anywhere. Merely, "riding the pine". Not even consistant in your own drivel I see.

Snk16
10-18-2006, 04:17 PM

Yeah...not used in the way that you think I'm saying it in. :duh:

So based on PlummINT's opinion:

Rod Smith Sucks
Eddie Mac Sucks
Shannon Sharpe Sucks
Steve Atwater Sucks

Champ Bailey Sucks
Al Wilson Sucks
Ian Gold Sucks

I could go on.

tnedator
10-18-2006, 04:17 PM

And incase you and your little friends forgot the title of this Thread was trying to compare Elway to Plummer.. Just one of the many threads trying to compre your superturd to a great.

I was well aware of your statistically incorrect win-loss record in your sig, because you simply looked at the Broncos records for that time period and didn't factor in Elway got hurt and was replaced by Brister (I believe), and if my memory serves me correctly, was rested in '96 prior the bye week and then the Jacksonville loss.

OBVIOUSLY, I didn't need MTN to look it up (unlike you), because I am the one that told you that your numbers were wrong. I knew they were wrong.

You even told me I was wrong for saying they were wrong, and are not man enough to applogize for doing so.

So be it.

Black00SS
10-18-2006, 04:19 PM
I was well aware of your statistically incorrect win-loss record in your sig, because you simply looked at the Broncos records for that time period and didn't factor in Elway got hurt and was replaced by Brister (I believe), and if my memory serves me correctly, was rested in '96 prior the bye week and then the Jacksonville loss.

OBVIOUSLY, I didn't need MTN to look it up (unlike you), because I am the one that told you that your numbers were wrong. I knew they were wrong.

You even told me I was wrong for saying they were wrong, and are not man enough to applogize for doing so.

So be it.

(grabs more popcorn, and watches in amusement)

Lorcust
10-18-2006, 04:22 PM
(grabs more popcorn, and watches in amusement)

You know what goes well with Popcorn?

Beer: :beer:

broncos_mtnman
10-18-2006, 04:23 PM

He doesn't report to me. Get off it.

As far as your "man enough" post, it would seem to me that you could be the "man" and just get over it, instead of making crazy comments like "good job fixing the stats in your sig." Of course he changed them, but the percentage didn't change.

In another thread, I seem to remember hearing something about "it's not what you say but how you say it?"

Your "check with mtnman" and the "man enough" stuff seems to fit in that catagory.

*sighs*

Oh well....

Black00SS
10-18-2006, 04:23 PM
You know what goes well with Popcorn?

Beer: :beer:

:beer: Indeed!!!!

Darn-it, I am hijacking this thread, and I don't wanna, T-Ned, and PlummINT are going into round 8!

tnedator
10-18-2006, 04:31 PM
He doesn't report to me. Get off it.

As far as your "man enough" post, it would seem to me that you could be the "man" and just get over it, instead of making crazy comments like "good job fixing the stats in your sig." Of course he changed them, but the percentage didn't change.

In another thread, I seem to remember hearing something about "it's not what you say but how you say it?"

Your "check with mtnman" and the "man enough" stuff seems to fit in that catagory.

*sighs*

Oh well....

I told him the win Elway stats was wrong and he told me I didn't know what I was talking about, he brought it upon himself.

I was not indicating he was one of your boys. If Black00SS or Lorcust had given him some help, then I would have said, "maybe you should check your stats with Black00SS before posting them in the future."

When I have posted things that have been factually incorrect, I do MAN up and state it, rather than continuing to just throw jabs like he is doing.