Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189
Results 2,821 to 2,833 of 2833

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I doubt it. If it was health related, he would have been having abysmal performances from the start. He hasnt though. He dominated his Dual race until 3 laps to go and he was looking great during the 500 until he ran into bad luck and wreck while leading the race.

Fontana has never been historically great for Jr, a piss poor performance there though after 5 straight piss poor performances to start the season makes yesterday much more frustrating than what it would have been had his season started better.

The next 5 tracks they go to are all great tracks for Jr - Martinsville, Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega. If things dont get turned around by the end of those 5 races, it could be a long summer.
    I was thinking more about the mental aspects, as in "getting back into the swing of things". I couldn't think of a way to say it at the time besides "JR has mental problems" and I didn't think that sounded too good.

Hopefully, he'll get some wins this year. A championship? I would really like to see that for him.
    Administrator

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Hopefully, he'll get some wins this year. A championship? I would really like to see that for him.
    Though Im not surprised its happened, one thing that Ive always hated is Jr always being compared to Sr. There were to very different people. Not just on the track but very much different off of it as well.

I really hope Jr can get at least 1 championship, whether its this year, next year, or when ever before he retires. If he doesnt, Im afraid he will forever be labeled as a "failure" due to his last name and who is father was.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Though Im not surprised its happened, one thing that Ive always hated is Jr always being compared to Sr. There were to very different people. Not just on the track but very much different off of it as well.

I really hope Jr can get at least 1 championship, whether its this year, next year, or when ever before he retires. If he doesnt, Im afraid he will forever be labeled as a "failure" due to his last name and who is father was.
    I try not to compare people like that. As you said, they're different. I was not a fan of Sr, on track. That's part of how I became a Skinner fan. Underdog, the unwanted teammate. At least, that's how it was at the beginning (or how it appeared). I like Jr, on and off the track.
    Administrator

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quals for the Cup race rained out today.
    Line up will be from owner's points.
    Kyle Larson P1, Chase Elliott, P2

It will be interesting to see how all the younger guys will do.
    Wonder how much the 5 minute rule will play in ?
    Used to be many cars finished that race without fenders lol.
    Hope to see a lot of trading paint.at the Paperclip !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

I don't think so. He has what 26 cup wins including 2 Daytonna 500's and has been competitive for most of what 20 yrs or close to it anyway. He definitely won't be near as successful as his father, but he has hardly been a failure. He has been pretty classy the whole time and that's a pretty good career already if he never wins again imo.

Now Kyle Petty, that is another story.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Another race, another horrendous finish for Jr. This time it's worse than all the previous races because he was actually having a good day.

Another race, another horrendous finish for Jr. This time it's worse than all the previous races because he was actually having a good day.
    I can say i know how you feel having watched tony go through some really rough times not only on track but off as well & let me tell you it was hard to accept how he was performing on the track & just knowing that he was not the racer he once was & i think most of it stemmed from the stuff away from nascar & in particular the accident with kevin ward.

Back to Jr...i certainly don't think he is anywhere near that kind of place in his racing career & i honestly think it's about him getting back into the groove & getting chemistry back with his whole team, after all he was out the last half of last season & it takes time to get the mojo back sometimes.

Best advice i can offer is this...no matter how well or how poor he may be doing, just try to enjoy watching your guy out there racing because there will come a day when he is no longer out there & you will miss it for sure.

Great advice PA !

Nine cars failed to make a lap during Friday's Coors Light Pole three-round qualifying session at Texas Motor Speedway after they were not cleared in pre-qualifying inspection.

Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones, Chris Buescher, Derrike Cope and Timmy Hill were the drivers whose cars did not pass inspection in time to make a qualifying attempt. They all will start from the back……
    More: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ing-texas.html
    (At least they’ll be on new tires)

Quals:
    Five Fords out front.!!!
    P1 Harvick
    P2 Blaney
    P3 Clint
    P4 Joey
    P5 Brad

Lots of cars with good drivers spun out in practice runs.
    New pave job will be a challenge Sunday at Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Great advice PA !

Nine cars failed to make a lap during Friday's Coors Light Pole three-round qualifying session at Texas Motor Speedway after they were not cleared in pre-qualifying inspection.

Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones, Chris Buescher, Derrike Cope and Timmy Hill were the drivers whose cars did not pass inspection in time to make a qualifying attempt. They all will start from the back……
    More: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ing-texas.html
    (At least they’ll be on new tires)

Quals:
    Five Fords out front.!!!
    P1 Harvick
    P2 Blaney
    P3 Clint
    P4 Joey
    P5 Brad

Lots of cars with good drivers spun out in practice runs.
    New pave job will be a challenge Sunday at Texas.
    Cars failing pre-qualifying inspection. Is there more of that this year? Or am I just paying more attention? Some big names in there.

I demand they re-inspect those Fords! They're doing a lot better than the past few years.

Should be a fun race.
    Administrator

Jr ran in the top 10 all day and top 5 most of the day and finished 5th!!!!!

He is always good at Texas, which is also here he scored his 1st career win. And what sucks is now he cant build on that moment right away because they're off next week because of Easter. But Im elated that he finally had a good day!
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quals at Bristol canceled due to rain.
    P1- Larson
    P2- Chase
    P3- Truex
    P4- Joey
    P5- Brad
    P6- Blaney

There's your first 3 rows race fans.
    Nice mix of the old and new guys.

Short tracks, love 'em !!
    Want to see some paint trading Sunday !!!

So i saw that they moved the charlotte race in the chase from sat. night to sunday afternoon which now means there is not a single night race in the chase...what is up with that?

Also is it just me or are we so far into the season already without a sat. night race? not one scheduled until mid may?? i don't recall going that late into the start of a season before the first night race.

Seems like nascar is trying to move away from night racing which is baffling to me because that is usually when the action is at it's best under the lights...

thoughts guys & gals?

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Quals at Bristol canceled due to rain.
    P1- Larson
    P2- Chase
    P3- Truex
    P4- Joey
    P5- Brad
    P6- Blaney

There's your first 3 rows race fans.
    Nice mix of the old and new guys.

Short tracks, love 'em !!
    Want to see some paint trading Sunday !!!
    Thanks for the line up.

Good race today with the X cars. Remember, everyone. Don't grab someone by the shoulders during a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    So i saw that they moved the charlotte race in the chase from sat. night to sunday afternoon which now means there is not a single night race in the chase...what is up with that?

Also is it just me or are we so far into the season already without a sat. night race? not one scheduled until mid may?? i don't recall going that late into the start of a season before the first night race.

Seems like nascar is trying to move away from night racing which is baffling to me because that is usually when the action is at it's best under the lights...

thoughts guys & gals?
    I don't remember when the first night race was. I hope they don't get rid of them. Love night races.

How about a night road course like in F1? Those are so cool.

And speaking of open wheels, congrats to Hinch a couple of weeks ago. His first win since his horrible accident.
    Administrator