Page 188 of 191 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2853

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Another race, another piss poor finish for Jr. This one is the most aggravating as Jr went into the race with a great car at a track he runs great at. At the beginning of the race the car looked great then it just fell apart.

Post race Jr said that he knew it would take time for his team to gel back together again and get rolling after him being out for the last half of the season, but we are now 4 races in and Ive seen no improvement really.

I know he had no brakes at the end but why not stay out like Newman and Stenhouse did??? It was all of a mere 2 laps. Roll the dice, man. I know it wasnt Jr's call, it was Greg Ives' call, but come on. You gotta gamble, especially when youve yet to finish better than 14th all year and youre at a track that Jr has won 3 times at before.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Pretty fun race over all. We're only 4 races in and I've already watched 4 races more than I did in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Everything is great.
    They put it on a t-shirt. Proceeds benefit the KBFoundation. A bit of humor. Something good coming from something not so good.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Flipping through the channels the other day NASCAR was on, the last 20 or 30 minutes of Monster Energy Cup Kobalt 400 Vegas. My two older daughters (11 and 6) we with me and started asking questions cause, well, I'm their dad and to them I apparently know everything

Disappointment looms for us all.

It was kind of fun and intriguing with a good finish and the girls were at least slightly interested and then...

The real match began as Busch punched Logano and was then subsequently mauled by Logano's pit crew.

The girls were really confused, the younger's face going from bewilderment to concern and back again, asking what, why, etc...

All I could answer was "Amurica."

We skipped the races this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Flipping through the channels the other day NASCAR was on, the last 20 or 30 minutes of Monster Energy Cup Kobalt 400 Vegas. My two older daughters (11 and 6) we with me and started asking questions cause, well, I'm their dad and to them I apparently know everything

Disappointment looms for us all.

It was kind of fun and intriguing with a good finish and the girls were at least slightly interested and then...

The real match began as Busch punched Logano and was then subsequently mauled by Logano's pit crew.

The girls were really confused, the younger's face going from bewilderment to concern and back again, asking what, why, etc...

All I could answer was "Amurica."

We skipped the races this past week.

NASCAR is a contact sport, you know.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

NASCAR is a contact sport, you know.
    I know that Busch is your favorite and all, but boy I enjoyed that lol... The funny thing is he was starting to grow on me a little before that incident, now he's pretty much back at square one.

Rest In Peace Pete Hamilton. Hamilton was 74 years old, he was pulled the 1970 Daytona 500.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I know that Busch is your favorite and all, but boy I enjoyed that lol... The funny thing is he was starting to grow on me a little before that incident, now he's pretty much back at square one.
    He's one of my favorites. Larson and Erik Jones are kind of passing him. I used to like Joey. I mentioned recently that that has changed (before this incident).
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Restrictor plates at Indy? Possible for Pocono and Michigan? Not the first time outside the 2 super speedways. They want to improve competitive racing.

A definite for Xfinity. Can't find anything for Cup.

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/n...y-series-event

Patrick wants her $50,000 back (for wrecking Gilliland under caution in 2015) and I don't blame her. NASCAR didn't fine A. Dillion for wrecking Custer. A Cup regular retaliating against an X driver and nothing happens?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ty-series.html

Oh, and the "Everything is great" shirts? They sell for $22.00. I saw it when I posted above, but didn't connect it to Joey.
    Last edited by Peanut; 03-24-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Kyle Larson won P1 in the quals today.
    Congrats to Kyle.

Johnson spun out and had to go to a backup car.
    He did not participate in the quals.

Neither did Logano, Trevor Bayne, Matt DiBenedetto, and rookie Gray Gaulding.
    None of them could pass inspection.

So, they will all go to the back but....
    They will all have fresh tires since they didn't run the quals.

Let's have a good race at Auto Club !!!

( And Danika should get some interest on that 50k Peanut )

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Everything is great.

Larson needed maybe two more laps. I'd like to see him a little more aggressive at the end of a race, but he is getting some good finishes. His way, he's the points leader. My way, he could be in more wrecks.

I hope they do more than "have a talk and drink some Coke" to Ty Dillion for what he did in the Xfinity race. For a Cup driver (even a rookie) to retaliate on track, with his car, to a regular X driver.....that annoyed me. If he was still in X, that would make it a bit different. His comments were almost like, "Don't you know who I am?".
    Apparently I had the wrong Dillion in this post. At least Ty is a rookie. No excuse for Austin. Read an article where his attitude was annoying to me. Fortunately for me, I don't read too much about him (or him).

Oh, and congrats, Larson!
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Larson is on it big time this season & now that he got the win... the flood gates may open up.

Also was good to see Bowyer with a really strong run in the #14 car & i hope to see him in victory lane soon.

So that's 5 winners in 5 races & even though every year starts like this & you think maybe there could be more than 16 winners meaning points would come into play. this has the potential once again to reach that point because of who is yet to win...

harvick, johnson, earnhart, kahne, klye busch, hamlin, kenseth, logano, bowyer, elliot...that is 10 more potentially legit winners

you then have guys like blaney, erik jones, austin dillon & don't forget aj allmendinger who is a serious threat on the road courses...time will tell if it goes down that path

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Larson is on it big time this season & now that he got the win... the flood gates may open up.

Also was good to see Bowyer with a really strong run in the #14 car & i hope to see him in victory lane soon.

So that's 5 winners in 5 races & even though every year starts like this & you think maybe there could be more than 16 winners meaning points would come into play. this has the potential once again to reach that point because of who is yet to win...

harvick, johnson, earnhart, kahne, klye busch, hamlin, kenseth, logano, bowyer, elliot...that is 10 more potentially legit winners

you then have guys like blaney, erik jones, austin dillon & don't forget aj allmendinger who is a serious threat on the road courses...time will tell if it goes down that path
    At this rate, Jr isnt gonna win a damn thing. He's yet to finish higher than 14th through the first 5 races. Today was another abysmal finish of 16th.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    At this rate, Jr isnt gonna win a damn thing. He's yet to finish higher than 14th through the first 5 races. Today was another abysmal finish of 16th.
    I wonder if his health issues have anything to do with it? Maybe it'll take a couple more races to get him fully back into it.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

I wonder if his health issues have anything to do with it?
    I doubt it. If it was health related, he would have been having abysmal performances from the start. He hasnt though. He dominated his Dual race until 3 laps to go and he was looking great during the 500 until he ran into bad luck and wreck while leading the race.

Fontana has never been historically great for Jr, a piss poor performance there though after 5 straight piss poor performances to start the season makes yesterday much more frustrating than what it would have been had his season started better.

The next 5 tracks they go to are all great tracks for Jr - Martinsville, Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega. If things dont get turned around by the end of those 5 races, it could be a long summer.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche