Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191
Results 2,851 to 2,863 of 2863

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Watched the race today. What I saw on SC was the last part of the interview. I totally see what you mean.

I understand that she was just in a serious accident, that it was scary, that she had a good run, that it was not her fault, that it's very frustrating but...she had to have known that it was red flagged. She had to have known that they had to cut Aric out.

Joey asked if Patrick was okay while he was still in the car. He mentioned Aric 4-5 times during his interview.

Maybe that's how she deals with stress.

Glad Aric is okay. I really hope he takes at least one week off.
    Latest I heard is he has a T5 vertebrae fracture. Could be more than just one week off with something like that.

Hope Aric is back soon. Wonder who will drive his car

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Latest I heard is he has a T5 vertebrae fracture. Could be more than just one week off with something like that.
    First report I heard early in the week was that he wanted to race this weekend, even knowing about the type of injury. I'm glad he's listening to the doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Hope Aric is back soon. Wonder who will drive his car
    Regan Smith. They're not sure how long Aric will be out.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

So we have another first time winner, congrats to austin dillion on his first career cup win & i'm not going to lie...i was so hoping that the 48 would run out of gas & either dillon or busch would get the win.

Now makes 9 winners although for all intent purposes logano's win doesn't count, i'm telling you this is the year that there very well may be more than 16 winners bringing points into play...still have 1. harvick 2. busch 3. hamlin 4. kenseth 5. bowyer 6. earnhart 7. kahne 8. elliot...mcmurray has been strong this year & don't forget almendinger at the road course races

It's so disgusting watching that guy win stuff that somebody else deserved because larson had him beat, it was all but over...kinda how he won the championship last year...Carl Edwards had him beat & was going to win the cup but for a dam caution with just a couple laps to go.

I know it's not over til it's over & that is how the sport works, but damnit it just really stinks for the guy who had it won if the yellow don't come up & it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. i also hate the way this one ended because of the stupid overtime rule & making halfway around...this rule is beyond stupid & i may be wrong but i can't recall where it came into play that closely before.

I feel they should have to at least get back around once & take the white flag...i believe the main reason this dumb rule was put into place was because of daytona & talladega & all the crashing that happens there, but the rest of the tracks & mainly 1.5 mile or smaller they should adjust the rule for one full lap.

Ok, i am done ranting now

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    It's so disgusting watching that guy win stuff that somebody else deserved because larson had him beat, it was all but over...kinda how he won the championship last year...Carl Edwards had him beat & was going to win the cup but for a dam caution with just a couple laps to go.

I know it's not over til it's over & that is how the sport works, but damnit it just really stinks for the guy who had it won if the yellow don't come up & it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. i also hate the way this one ended because of the stupid overtime rule & making halfway around...this rule is beyond stupid & i may be wrong but i can't recall where it came into play that closely before.

I feel they should have to at least get back around once & take the white flag...i believe the main reason this dumb rule was put into place was because of daytona & talladega & all the crashing that happens there, but the rest of the tracks & mainly 1.5 mile or smaller they should adjust the rule for one full lap.

Ok, i am done ranting now
    Congrats to Jimmie for the accomplishments.

I told hubby that they better not have a caution for debris. Two laps later, a caution. No debris, though (unless you consider the car debris ). I really wanted Larson to win. His other restarts were fine. Head games. He'll learn.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I hated the half way line when it was first announced and I continue to hate it more and more every time it comes into play. I can live with keeping the half way line on large tracks like Daytona, Dega, Pocono, Indy, Michigan, etc, but to have it at these short tracks is absurd. If they dont want to eliminate it then they need to extend it to an entire lap at short tracks.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

The half way line. It appears that Jr agrees with you two. Maybe NASCAR will reevaluate it.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Was away for part of the weekend. Watched Xfinity with the all driver TV team. I thought they did really well. Maybe they thought it would be funny to put Patrick and Hamlin together? I think they both would have done better if they had been paired with someone they liked. Better interactions.

Congrats to Blaney and the Wood Brothers.

IndyCar was at Texas. Makes me nervous when they go there. It's like their restrictor plate race. DVR didn't record the last 20 laps (we always program it for an extra hour). Fortunately, I have the app on my phone so I got to see the rest of the race. I agree with Kyle Busch. They need to get rid of grass infields.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Was away for part of the weekend. Watched Xfinity with the all driver TV team. I thought they did really well. Maybe they thought it would be funny to put Patrick and Hamlin together? I think they both would have done better if they had been paired with someone they liked. Better interactions.

Congrats to Blaney and the Wood Brothers.

IndyCar was at Texas. Makes me nervous when they go there. It's like their restrictor plate race. DVR didn't record the last 20 laps (we always program it for an extra hour). Fortunately, I have the app on my phone so I got to see the rest of the race. I agree with Kyle Busch. They need to get rid of grass infields.
    I was really surprised that blaney was able to hold off harvick those last 5 laps because harvick was all over him, but congrats to ryan...having lots of first time winners this year.

kyle busch should have won the race but the crew chief made the wrong call leaving him out on track, i knew he was a sitting duck..also i think it's really tough call for the 4 race suspension his CC & tire changer got from the wheel coming off at dover...another one of those rules that needs reevaluated.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    I was really surprised that blaney was able to hold off harvick those last 5 laps because harvick was all over him, but congrats to ryan...having lots of first time winners this year.

kyle busch should have won the race but the crew chief made the wrong call leaving him out on track, i knew he was a sitting duck..also i think it's really tough call for the 4 race suspension his CC & tire changer got from the wheel coming off at dover...another one of those rules that needs reevaluated.
    I'd like to see Jones added to that list. He just turned 21. He shows more maturity than a lot of people 10 years older.

I was hoping that it would work out for Busch. At first I thought, no way will they penalize for the tire. The rule is basically for teams intentionally putting on 2 lug nuts to get out faster. No lug nuts? That's a mistake, usually on the jackman (was he suspended?). But, I can see that it is a hazard when the wheel comes off. I told hubby that Busch was going to win during the next 4 races.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

I'd like to see Jones added to that list. He just turned 21. He shows more maturity than a lot of people 10 years older.

I was hoping that it would work out for Busch. At first I thought, no way will they penalize for the tire. The rule is basically for teams intentionally putting on 2 lug nuts to get out faster. No lug nuts? That's a mistake, usually on the jackman (was he suspended?). But, I can see that it is a hazard when the wheel comes off. I told hubby that Busch was going to win during the next 4 races.
    They had a great story on Jones and his Dad on the pre-race show.

How awesome would it be if he won today?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

For the first time this year Jr scored his 2nd straight top 10 finish with a 6th place finish at Sonoma. After crashing early in the race it looked like his bad luck this season would continue but thankfully that didnt happen. Also, thankfully aerodynamics mean little at a road course.

Im super psyched for the CZ 400 this Saturday night. I've been in attendance for countless of Jr wins here in Daytona, but none of them have been the 500 or 400 (Jr's wins in those races are the only times I was not able to attend the 500 or 400 in the last 15-16 years - I have horrible luck)

I'll admit, if Jr wins Saturday night, Ill be shedding a few tears.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche