Page 186 of 191 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2862

Thread: NASCAR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    While I dont love awarding points after a stage, its not to big a deal to me ultimately. What I dont like is stopping/cautioning the race. I have a feeling that when at a race, the cautioning of the race wont seem like a big deal. While when watching on TV, I have a feeling that its gonna seem like it takes forever for them to get back to racing.

I guess its a good thing that my first experience with the new stage format will be in person, not on TV.
    I'm not sure how I'll like the cautions for the stages. Last year, the Trucks has a 20 minute clock. I don't know if you watch the Truck series, but every 20 minutes, there would be a caution (if a real caution occurred, the clock would restart). I think the purpose was to take the fuel mileage race out. I wasn't thrilled with it, but it did add another element to the races. I really don't like fuel races, so it had that plus.

Like all changes, I'll get used to them and eventually accept them. What else can I do? Unless enough people complain, they won't change it back.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I hoping it wont be as bad as its first sounding to me. I will say that I dont mind this change as much as the cautions/restarts at the end of the race. I really really hate the half way around the track thing. How often do they wreck between the restart and making it half way around? Almost never.

And when at a track like Bristol, Martinsville, or other 1 mile and under tracks, the leader makes it half way around in the blink of an eye. Then as soon as the leader crosses the half way point, theres a wreck somewhere in the middle of the pack involving cars that many times havent even made it half way themselves yet.

If theyre gonna keep this new half way thing, they should change it to where all cars on the track half to pass half way, not just the leader.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

After 4 hours at the track last night only to have the race postponed, I have to say that it was well worth the wait.

Not so much because of the race but because of qualifying. Who ever had a ticket to The Clash was able to stay for qualifying.

Not only did Jr qualify on the front row, I was able to get in Victory Lane for the celebration!

A great way to start the race week.

Good for you KE7 !
    Congrats to Chase and Jr !!
    Have fun in Daytona this week !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

As of right now, theres a 90% chance of rain tomorrow through out the day and drops to 30% tomorrow night.

Not the weather report I wanted to wake up to this morning. Thankfully the 90% is during the day and not in the evening. But unless the rain totally stops by 5:30pm tomorrow evening, theres no way the track gets dried fast enough to start the Duals on time tomorrow night.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

After 4 hours at the track last night only to have the race postponed, I have to say that it was well worth the wait.

Not so much because of the race but because of qualifying. Who ever had a ticket to The Clash was able to stay for qualifying.

Not only did Jr qualify on the front row, I was able to get in Victory Lane for the celebration!

A great way to start the race week.
    Awesome! Kind of like a reward for hanging in there.

As of right now, theres a 90% chance of rain tomorrow through out the day and drops to 30% tomorrow night.

Not the weather report I wanted to wake up to this morning. Thankfully the 90% is during the day and not in the evening. But unless the rain totally stops by 5:30pm tomorrow evening, theres no way the track gets dried fast enough to start the Duals on time tomorrow night.
    Hopefully, it won't rain. Have fun!

Hi, AZ!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Well, it currently pouring here and has been for literally the last 12 straight hours. Tomorrows chance of rain has dropped though from 90% to 70%, and at race time tomorrow night its down to 20%. So, things are looking a tad bit better. The hour by hour forecast has the rain ending between 4-5pm tomorrow. If thats the case, and the skies continue to stay clear, they should have the track dry in time to start the Duals on time.

Fingers crossed.

Thankfully the forecast for Sunday is Sunshine w/ clear skies
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Well, it currently pouring here and has been for literally the last 12 straight hours. Tomorrows chance of rain has dropped though from 90% to 70%, and at race time tomorrow night its down to 20%. So, things are looking a tad bit better. The hour by hour forecast has the rain ending between 4-5pm tomorrow. If thats the case, and the skies continue to stay clear, they should have the track dry in time to start the Duals on time.

Fingers crossed.

Thankfully the forecast for Sunday is Sunshine w/ clear skies
    I haven't seen the first race yet so I don't know how the weather was during the day, but it seems like the Duals went off on time.

Have fun Sunday!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Wow! what an incredible crash on the final lap of the truck race, glad everyone is ok & my god that had to be scary for crafton... thankfully he landed right side up back on the ground instead of on his roof because that could have been super bad.

It's the nature of the beast with these restrictor plate races...it's not a matter of if, just a matter of when it happens & it almost always happens on the final lap across all series racing.

I would like to see a clean 500 but i know the odds are against it...enjoy it all

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Wow! what an incredible crash on the final lap of the truck race, glad everyone is ok & my god that had to be scary for crafton... thankfully he landed right side up back on the ground instead of on his roof because that could have been super bad.

It's the nature of the beast with these restrictor plate races...it's not a matter of if, just a matter of when it happens & it almost always happens on the final lap across all series racing.

I would like to see a clean 500 but i know the odds are against it...enjoy it all
    I'm also glad that Crafton didn't land on Sauter cab.

The second stage finish was better than the first stage. They raced like it was the end of the race.

I'd really like for them to either get rid of the 5 minute rule or modify it. Way too many trucks out.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

There aren't going to be any cars left.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

This is a disgrace...that is about all i can say right now

Congrats to kurt & the #41 team for surviving the crash-fest & winning the daytona 500...

also congrats now to tony for finally getting one as an owner

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    There aren't going to be any cars left.
    My exact thought too.

This is a disgrace...that is about all i can say right now

Congrats to kurt & the #41 team for surviving the crash-fest & winning the daytona 500...

also congrats now to tony for finally getting one as an owner
    Silver lining PA : Kurt P1, Kevin P4
    I had my doubts about the team going Ford.
    Looks now like a pretty good move for S-HR.
    Danika and Clint were competitive too until.....

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Well yesterday was total carnage. Sadly it started with Jr getting knocked out after finally grabbing the lead. People were pretty angry when Jr got knocked out. A bunch of people around me got up and left as soon as Jr wrecked. Once Jr wrecked I debated leaving since I had to be at jury duty at 7:30am this morning, but I stayed and Im glad I did. The end was quite exciting. I thought Larson would win once he grabbed the lead. I was hoping he would but then he ran outta gas. Im really happy that Kurt Busch. He's always been a secondary fav of mine.

Some things from the race that those who werent there dont know.

Jr was quite pissed off at Jamie McMurray. Jr told his spotter several times that McMurray needed to get off his [butt] because was being careless with bump drafting and was gonna wreck the field if he didnt cut it out. Jr was annoyed during the 1st stage at Chase Elliot for being too aggressive to early; throwing aggressive blocks when they werent even through the 1st stage.

Truex Jr was baffled how long it took for anyone to make a move at the end of the race. He didnt understand it. Over and over he kept saying "what is everyones deal. what are they waiting for." Truex didnt wanna start a move himself cause he wasnt sure if anyone would go with him.

With around 15 laps to go, Kyle Larson's crew chief told him he had enough gas to make it all the way and to not worry about conserving.....I dont know how the crew chief messed that up - as Larson ran out of fuel on the last lap.

Chase Elliot was conserving fuel for quite a while at the end. He was having to do some coasting and shut things off starting with around 25 laps to go. Elliots crew chief told him that if he had a big lead on the last lap that it would probably be wise to shut the engine off once he came out of turn 4 the final time.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche