Page 4 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Thread

congrats to Denny Hamlin.
    great car even wrecked.
    damn good driving.
    Jr., your car went to s**t, boy.

but still 6th in points so not to bad of a day. could of been better. Michigan next week.not his best track.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 06-12-2006 at 12:55 PM. Reason: typo

Congrats to Denny on your first Cup points win. To be able to spin and win is a great accomplishment. Looks like there is something to this video game playing thing.

Man Gordon, went for a ride
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    YEAH he did. for a sec or two I thought he was hurt and hurt bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty6
    Congrats to Denny on your first Cup points win. To be able to spin and win is a great accomplishment. Looks like there is something to this video game playing thing.
    His pit crew gets a hell of a lot of the credit. He pited like 11 or so times to work on it. And finall restarted 40th. Man what a hotrod.

Yes he did! I'm not the biggest fan of Gordon and I certainly don't mind seeing him plow up a wall, but DAMN!! I don't like seeing any driver get hurt, so thank goodness for the HANS and soft walls! If anything good came from the death of Dale Earnhardt, it is these safety improvements, which, if not for them, I'd say Jeff would be in a serious condition right now, if not worse.

Cheers to NASCAR's safety upgrades.

Yes he did! I'm not the biggest fan of Gordon and I certainly don't mind seeing him plow up a wall, but DAMN!! I don't like seeing any driver get hurt, so thank goodness for the HANS and soft walls! If anything good came from the death of Dale Earnhardt, it is these safety improvements, which, if not for them, I'd say Jeff would be in a serious condition right now, if not worse.

Cheers to NASCAR's safety upgrades.

It also it shows just how important breaks are

Well DUH!! They do make you stop.

J/K!

I am assuming you meant brakes as in car parts not rest breaks. And it also shows what happens when you break a rotor.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp
    I am assuming you meant brakes as in car parts not rest breaks. And it also shows what happens when you break a rotor.

No rest breaks, I think they should take a power nap, even 100 miles or so

Thanks for the catch

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp
    Or "breaks" as in bad breaks (like Carl Edwards - what a bunch of bad luck that kid's had) and good breaks (like pitting just before a yellow and not getting caught on pit row).

Overall a very entertaining race yesterday. It was long but I really like that track. It seems to have a lot of room for passing and having only 3 turns is kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Calif. Bronco
    Or "breaks" as in bad breaks (like Carl Edwards - what a bunch of bad luck that kid's had) and good breaks (like pitting just before a yellow and not getting caught on pit row).

Overall a very entertaining race yesterday. It was long but I really like that track. It seems to have a lot of room for passing and having only 3 turns is kinda cool.
    I am starting to like Poco more and more. Wish it had a little more banking in the corners though. Like maybe 45 degrees or so. Not that is a super speedway. Woo!

It is definately a different track. I call it the Bermuda Triangle (it is a triangle) of NASCAR. Alot of weird stuff always happens there.

It is definately a different track. I call it the Bermuda Triangle (it is a triangle) of NASCAR. Alot of weird stuff always happens there.
    NO doubt about that.

I enjoy watching races from Pocono as well.

I wasn't pleased with Mark's run there on Sunday, however.

Pitcrew bites Mark again, only this time it was Pat Tryson's turn to play asleep at the wheel.
    With 8 or 9 to go and just after a red flag stopping the race, Tryson told Mark to stay out once the pits were opened.
    Big mistake. He restarted 8th, and was promptly passed by 9 of the guys who decided to pit for fresh rubber. Martin wound up 17th, and was not pleased with Tryson and Co. once it was all over.

In his defense, Tryson told Mark that usually more guys stay out, creating a cushion for Mark from the teams who put on fresh tires.

It's my opinion that when you've been running 10th to 14th all day, you take new tires whenever you can get them.

Mark and McMurray clearly didn't have the horses or chassis Biffle or Kenseth did.

Thankfully Michigan is next, but that means Biffle or Kenseth will be great there, too.

Oh, here's a little plug for Sprint.
    I subscribe to Sprint's Nascar in-car audio service. It's like $4.00 a race and $15.00 for the month, or something close to that.

It does have glitches from time to time, but I've been very pleased overall.
    I think there is 24 channels you can scan, 23 drivers and and an auto-scan channel that transmits all communications followed by a voice telling you the car number from the last transmission. I listen to Mark all of the time, so I'm not certain.

I turn on the tube, turn the volume down, and dial up Mark's audio.
    I plug in my charger to a nearby outlet and crank up the volume on the speaker phone feature of my cell phone.

My wife and I have no complaints about Sprint's service either, if you are wondering.