Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Former Bronco Vance Johnson facing foreclosure

I feel really bad for Vance of having to try and deal with the tragic death of his son. I hope he can keep his restaurant going.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...78/detail.html

Former Denver Broncos wide receiver Vance Johnson is known for his three Super Bowl appearances with the team.

But since the death of his son last year, Johnson has fallen on tough times.

According to the Glenwood Springs Post Independent newspaper, Johnson had to surrender his 2006 Land Rover. The paper also said foreclosure proceedings were started March 28 on Johnsons' Westbank Road home in Glenwood Springs. The Post Independent said Johnson reportedly failed to make payments on a $630,000 promissory note on the home. A hearing is scheduled for April 21.

Johnson lost his son last September. Vaughn Edward Johnson, 19, died in a car accident on Sheridan Road in Westminster. Authorities said the driver of a Chevy Suburban turned into Johnson's path and hit his motorcycle. Johnson was wearing a helmet. He was taken to the hospital, but died of his injuries.

Johnson told the newspaper, "Shortly after my son died, life kind of got tough for me. As a result, things kind of caught up with me business-wise because it was hard enough waking up in the mornings, let alone anything else in life.

The former Broncos player plans to continue running the VJs Outlaw Ribbs restaurant he opened in Parachute in January 2007. He said the restaurant has been just about the only thing he can focus on since losing his son.

Sad situation...everyone deals with death and the grieving process in their own different ways. Some people just shut down for a while like Vance apparently did...I feel for the guy, anyway like you said hopefully he keeps his restaurant going.

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

I feel so bad for Vance.

Losing a son must have been the hardest thing in his life. And the foreclosure isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Bronco Babe View Post
    I feel really bad for Vance of having to try and deal with the tragic death of his son. I hope he can keep his restaurant going.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...78/detail.html

Former Denver Broncos wide receiver Vance Johnson is known for his three Super Bowl appearances with the team.

But since the death of his son last year, Johnson has fallen on tough times.

According to the Glenwood Springs Post Independent newspaper, Johnson had to surrender his 2006 Land Rover. The paper also said foreclosure proceedings were started March 28 on Johnsons' Westbank Road home in Glenwood Springs. The Post Independent said Johnson reportedly failed to make payments on a $630,000 promissory note on the home. A hearing is scheduled for April 21.

Johnson lost his son last September. Vaughn Edward Johnson, 19, died in a car accident on Sheridan Road in Westminster. Authorities said the driver of a Chevy Suburban turned into Johnson's path and hit his motorcycle. Johnson was wearing a helmet. He was taken to the hospital, but died of his injuries.

Johnson told the newspaper, "Shortly after my son died, life kind of got tough for me. As a result, things kind of caught up with me business-wise because it was hard enough waking up in the mornings, let alone anything else in life.

The former Broncos player plans to continue running the VJs Outlaw Ribbs restaurant he opened in Parachute in January 2007. He said the restaurant has been just about the only thing he can focus on since losing his son.
    Wow, that is really sad. Losing a child is supposedly one of the most painful things a person could ever go through. My wife and I had a miscarriage once, and it was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. Losing a child that you have had is tougher I'm sure. My prayers will be with him.

He was such a passionate player. One of my favorite memories is of him getting hit on a short pass that went for a first down. He got thumped good. He then jumped up and pumped his fist in the air. It was electrifying.

I don't know if some of you remember this, but if he would not played for Denver after college he could have been an Olympic long jumper. He was said to have been able to long jump 27 feet.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Thanks for sharing the article. Vance was always my favorite Bronco since the time he visited my middle school. I also liked the idea that his first name happened to be my last name. I hope something good happens to him soon, parents aren't supposed to bury their children. If I still lived in Denver I would be at his rib spot doing what I could. If anymore news happens please let me know.

I eat at his restaurant fairly regularly, it's some very good food, and the prices are very reasonable.

All my friends have met Vance several times, and I have yet to be there when he is

I feel bad for him, everyone says what a down-to-earth nice guy he is. And losing a family member is always very tough!
    Broncos fan for over 25 years!
    @powder_addict
    2012 Adopted Bronco: PEYTON MANNING

Don't get this the wrong way guys but what happened to all those $ millions of dollars and millions he receive while in Pro-football? That is A LOT of money to be spent. I don't get this...
    XBL: The1Executioner

Quote Originally Posted by The Executioner View Post
    Don't get this the wrong way guys but what happened to all those $ millions of dollars and millions he receive while in Pro-football? That is A LOT of money to be spent. I don't get this...
    He played at a time when there wasn't millions and millions. They didn't have contracts back then like they do now. Some don't know how to manage money. Sounds like he made investments but after the death of his son, he just went into his own little world, very understandable.

Rough time for Vance, I hope things start going better for him.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

We aren't supposed to out live our children. Losing a child has got to be one of the worst experiences anyone can go through.

Vance was my favorite Amigo and loved watching him play along with his co-receivers Mark Jackson and Ricky Natiel.

I certainly hope Vance keeps his restaraunt going as it appears it is his distraction and purpose.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by The Executioner View Post
    Ex wives. I'm not being funny.
    @powder_addict

Why did he have to put his restaurant all the way up in Parachute??? I'd grub there everyday to help the guy out!!.......If he was in the Metro Area.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos30TD View Post
    Why did he have to put his restaurant all the way up in Parachute??? I'd grub there everyday to help the guy out!!.......If he was in the Metro Area.
    I don't know but I'm not complaining

You guys have a grubzillion good restaurants. Have you ever been to Rifle/Parachute?

I'll put it this way. Once a month I drive 60 miles EACH WAY just to get some decent wings in Grand Junction. I'd eat at VJ's even more than I do, but the wife isn't too much BBQ.
    @powder_addict

sad....very sad. Where did all the money go? Even if the guy put down 20% on his home, he is looking at 3k as a payment, possibly less each month. I hope he figures things out. best wishes

My prayers go out to Johnson....

God helps us through tough times IF we allow Him to handle things and give Him room to work. Paul said "When I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10)

Hopefully things will get better for him....

On a lighter note, maybe John Elway could get him down some ducketts. If I had his money I would burn mine!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31018&dateline=138207  1129A BroncoManning?! WHAAAAAT?!

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    I don't know but I'm not complaining

You guys have a grubzillion good restaurants. Have you ever been to Rifle/Parachute?

I'll put it this way. Once a month I drive 60 miles EACH WAY just to get some decent wings in Grand Junction. I'd eat at VJ's even more than I do, but the wife isn't too much BBQ.
    I haven't been up there. But they would have to have to have Amazing food for me to go all the way up there from Denver.