2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he is!!

1 50.00%
  • No, he isn't.

1 50.00%
Page 339 of 340 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 5100

Thread: MMA Thread.

I understand what you are saying but Cody just won his belt a few months ago and is taping for the next season of TUF, so that puts the belt on a shelf until TUF ends.

Max and Aldo like Cody got their belts rather recently.

There is always at least a 6 month gap in a title defense. DC got injured a couple times.

The reason people give Conor flak for not defending the belt is because he has just held on the featherweight belt and instead of defending it, he fought Diaz twice, then fought for the lightweight belt. That's chances to defend the featherweight belt.

He gave up the lightweight belt after winning it, so he's good there. Nobody can say "oh no title defense by Conor in lightweight"

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I understand what you are saying but Cody just won his belt a few months ago and is taping for the next season of TUF, so that puts the belt on a shelf until TUF ends.

Max and Aldo like Cody got their belts rather recently.

There is always at least a 6 month gap in a title defense. DC got injured a couple times.

The reason people give Conor flak for not defending the belt is because he has just held on the featherweight belt and instead of defending it, he fought Diaz twice, then fought for the lightweight belt. That's chances to defend the featherweight belt.

He gave up the lightweight belt after winning it, so he's good there. Nobody can say "oh no title defense by Conor in lightweight"
    At feather weight Mcgregor already beat Holloway who is the current interim champ. He waited over a year for Aldo, went on a world tour only to have Aldo back out two weeks before the fight, then Mcgregor took on a completely different style fighter in Mendes on two weeks notice, got ground and pounded but wound up knocking mendes out. Then when he finally got to fight Aldo he finished him in 13 seconds. Mcgregor then went after the belt in the next weight class belt just 4 months after beating Aldo the only defense would have been vs Edgar a guy Aldo had already beat, so he went for the bigger challenge in my opinion, and then that guy backed out and along came a matchup nightmare for Conor in Nate Diaz. Mcgregor instead of running back to the featherweight division wanted a re-match with Nate, and I understand that, I would want to avenge a loss before fighting some guy who'd already had a shot at the belt and lost. The Diaz vs Conor 2 was an awesome fight. Then Mcgregor finally was able to complete his goal of fighting for the 155 belt and he destroyed Alvarez.
    You see a guy not defending his belt I see a guy fighting between 145 and 170 and fighting 6 times in two years, while a guy like Aldo has fought twice in the last two years, but Mcgregor is the one not defending? Mcgregor earned the 155 belt on 11/12/16, Aldo was handed the 145 belt on 11/26/16 neither has fought since, but Mcgregor doesn't defend?
    McGregor's last fight 11/12/2016
    Aldo's last fight 7/9/2016

what a strange ending to the weidman vs mousasi fight. do you guys think those shots were legal? rogan was freaking out saying they were but there are frame by frame images on the internet apparently showing his fingers still on the ground as he was getting a knee to the head.

http://mmaimports.com/2017/04/weidma...e-was-illegal/

at any rate, IMO if NY is going to legalize MMA and host UFC fights, they need to get with the program and at least have instant replay like the rest of the civilized sports world.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    what a strange ending to the weidman vs mousasi fight. do you guys think those shots were legal? rogan was freaking out saying they were but there are frame by frame images on the internet apparently showing his fingers still on the ground as he was getting a knee to the head.

http://mmaimports.com/2017/04/weidma...e-was-illegal/

at any rate, IMO if NY is going to legalize MMA and host UFC fights, they need to get with the program and at least have instant replay like the rest of the civilized sports world.
    Yeah it was a weird ending. At live speed I can see why the ref thought it was illegal knees it just happened so fast. I just don't know why they called the fight after seeing the replays

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Yeah it was a weird ending. At live speed I can see why the ref thought it was illegal knees it just happened so fast. I just don't know why they called the fight after seeing the replays
    they called the fight because they determined they were legal knees and the doctor said weidman couldn't continue.

if you look at the gif in the link i provided, one of those knees did not look legal.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

they called the fight because they determined they were legal knees and the doctor said weidman couldn't continue.

if you look at the gif in the link i provided, one of those knees did not look legal.
    Wow from that gif those knees look illegal. During the fight Rogan was pounding the table that they were legal knees

From what Joe Rogan said, they recently changed the rules on what is an illegal knee. So I think the problem was since the rule was changed, there was confusion on what actually is an illegal knee.

They'll have a rematch whenever Chris is cleared to go... Honestly the result will still be Moussai winning.

From what Joe Rogan said, they recently changed the rules on what is an illegal knee. So I think the problem was since the rule was changed, there was confusion on what actually is an illegal knee.

They'll have a rematch whenever Chris is cleared to go... Honestly the result will still be Moussai winning.
    definitely agree there.

definitely agree there.
    I really want weidman to make a come back but mousasi is a beast. At least weidman will be forever known as the man who beat Silva twice

I really want weidman to make a come back but mousasi is a beast. At least weidman will be forever known as the man who beat Silva twice
    I'll forever argue that he didn't "beat" Silva... "won"? Yes. "Beat"? No.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    That first fight he knocked Silva out. That in my book is "beating" your opponent. That 2nd fight was a freak accident.

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    That first fight he knocked Silva out. That in my book is "beating" your opponent. That 2nd fight was a freak accident.
    The way I see it, which is probably similar to how Eb sees it. The first fight was a freak moment. Silva was in the middle of showboating as he always did and every fight, not to be a cocky you know what, but to play mind games. Chris threw a punch and caught Anderson.

You have that fight 10 times, 9 times out of ten Silva destroys Wiedman. This was that one time where in MMA anybody can get caught.

It doesn't make that person better. But he won.

Second fight freak injury, UFC fights don't go to no contest just because someone got hurt. Wash win.

The way I see it, which is probably similar to how Eb sees it. The first fight was a freak moment. Silva was in the middle of showboating as he always did and every fight, not to be a cocky you know what, but to play mind games. Chris threw a punch and caught Anderson.

You have that fight 10 times, 9 times out of ten Silva destroys Wiedman. This was that one time where in MMA anybody can get caught.

Second fight freak injury, UFC fights don't go to no contest just because someone got hurt. Wash win.
    Yep, you expressed my point for me.

I blame Silva for that loss, not luck. Silva used that crap and got away with it for a long time and then he got caught. The rematch father time caught up to Silva when Weidman checked that leg and it broke. Silva during his reign is the best I have ever seen, he dominated just about every opponent, I get fans don't want to ever see him as defeated but all fighters have their time. And If you want to talk luck Chael Sonnen gave Anderson the worst beating of his career, before he made a mistake in the 5th rd and got submitted.

Anyone see the first episode of TUF last this week? LOVED seeing Cody grab TJ.... and the part looking back to when Connor was asking "where the snake is..."? That was great!

I met TJ and he did come across as a bit of an ass. But, I by no means know him. Danny Castillo(Cody's other coach) I've met and had the pleasure to talk to multiple times where I work. He seems like a down to earth very decent dude. Maybe that makes me bias towards Cody's team? Probably.