2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he is!!

1 50.00%
  • No, he isn't.

1 50.00%
Page 2 of 340 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Thread.

Brock lesnar vs Randy Couture - Randy

Joe Stevenson vs Kenny Florian - Kenny, with his run n hide from Huerta gameplan.

Chris Leben vs Micheal Bisping - Bisping

Anderson silva vs Patrick cote - Sliva

Thiago Alves vs Diego Sanchez - Diego if he ever gets back to pre-staff infection form.

Urija Faber vs Mike Brown - Is this fair fight? Faber.

Robbie lawler vs Joey Villasenor - Lawler

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir - Nogueira

forrest Griffin vs Rashad evans - Rashad

Quinten "rampage" jackson vs Wanderlei Silva - Rampage if his bipolar condition is under control

Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson @ 205 - Franklin

Mauricio "shogun" Rua vs Marc Coleman - Cole in the prime > all, but Shogun now

George St. Pierre vs Bj penn - GSP

Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva - Silva because I cant pick that ****** Machida... I hate him so much.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    Brock lesnar vs Randy Couture - Randy

Joe Stevenson vs Kenny Florian - Kenny, with his run n hide from Huerta gameplan.

Chris Leben vs Micheal Bisping - Bisping

Anderson silva vs Patrick cote - Sliva

Thiago Alves vs Diego Sanchez - Diego if he ever gets back to pre-staff infection form.

Urija Faber vs Mike Brown - Is this fair fight? Faber.

Robbie lawler vs Joey Villasenor - Lawler

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir - Nogueira

forrest Griffin vs Rashad evans - Rashad

Quinten "rampage" jackson vs Wanderlei Silva - Rampage if his bipolar condition is under control

Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson @ 205 - Franklin

Mauricio "shogun" Rua vs Marc Coleman - Cole in the prime > all, but Shogun now

George St. Pierre vs Bj penn - GSP

Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva - Silva because I cant pick that ****** Machida... I hate him so much.
    kenny played a smart game plan IMO and did alot more than machida does in his fights. I also think thiago is bad match up for diego, but its a pickem fight. Brown is ranked 6th in the world while faber is 1, but should still be an execution. Rashad over forrest? lol ill be taking forrest in that fight all day. Page over Wandy? it'll end up just like their 1st 2 fights.....And hendo fights soo much better when he does not have to starve his body of nutrients, at 205, hendo will be a beat and most likely tko franklin IMO. I do agree with coleman in his prime, but shogun has not been impressive lately so that also IMO is a pick em fight. BJ PENN!!!!!!.........And yes, i hate lyoto too, WAR THIAGO SILVA

That St. Pierre/Penn fight is gonna get put together... but the dream fight Id love to see, even though they are fighting for different groups is Faber vs. Penn. Right now.... unite the two belts.... it would be big.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Brock lLesnar vs Randy Couture - Randy Couture by unanimous decision. Mir's win over Lesnar wasn't luck or a fluke, Lesnar lacks experience, and Randy is a master at coming up with a strategy for opponents. Lesnar dominate Heath Herring, who couldn't see for most of the fight, but lacked the experience to really know how to finish. He won't be able to treat Couture the same way.

Joe Stevenson vs Kenny Florian - Florian by whatever he wants. Stevenson is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think there's anything that he does that Kenny doesn't do better. I think a lot of people really underrate Florian's ground game, he's a BJJ black belt, but more than that he's won pretty prestigious competitions. His muay thai is also very much improved so I think he has an edge wherever it goes.

Chris Leben vs Micheal Bisping - Bisping by unanimous decision. Leben has a puncher's chance, he always does, but Bisping is the more skilled and well rounded fighter. He might not have tons of power but his hand speed is way way faster than Leben's. He'll land more strikes more often and that'll lead to a decision in his favor.

Anderson Silva vs Patrick Cote - Patrick Cote. That's right, I'm going with the huge upset. Every one has off nights, and while there's no doubt Silva is the better fighter, I think he ends up losing. There's a few things going for Cote. He's very heavy handed and he's training with Silva's former trainer. I think he'll come in with a game plan and Anderson will have an off night.

Thiago Alves vs Diego Sanchez - Diego Sanchez via lay and pray. Thiago Alves isn't indestrictible, Jon Fitch showed that, and Sanchez has good enough wrestling that he can take Thiago down and lay his way to a decision.

Urija Faber vs Mike Brown - Urijah Faber. I think this match is a lot closer than people think but Faber is still going to take it. Not sure if it'll be GnP stoppage or if it'll go to decision.

Robbie Lawler vs Joey Villasenor - Lawler by third round knockout. Robbie Lawler has really changed his style from his UFC days. He's much more patient and less reckless now. Villasenor has a good chance of winning, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but I think Lawler lets his hands go in the third round and ends up with a knock out.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir - Frank Mir. I can't really justify this pick other than saying that Mir is my favorite fighter and he's training with a real camp now. His cardio will be improved for this fight, mark my words.

Forrest Griffin vs Rashad Evans - Forrest Griffin via unanimous decision. A lot of people are on the Evans bandwagon now but coiunt me out. Chuck Liddell hasn't been the same since Rampage beat him and I don't think a win over him is as impressive as others might. Forrest will execute his game plan and be able to win a decision. Evans may want to trade punches but Forrest will cut him down with kicks.

Quinten "Rampage" Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva - Wanderlei Silva via repeated knees to the face. Yes, Rampage has improved as a fighter since their last bout, but nothing leaves me to believe he can handle Silva any better than he did the first two times. His clinch work still isn't great and the Axe Murderer is going to destroy him with some vicious muay thai. Some people just have other people's numbers. That's the case with Wanderlei and Rampage.

Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson @ 205 - Rich Franklin via third round TKO. It's a pretty tough fight to call especially since neither will have to make a hard cut, they should have tons of energy. Hendo is by far the better wrestler but Franklin has proven he's no slouch on the ground. I think this fight stays standing. Hendo has more power but Franklin is the better technical striker.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs Marc Coleman - Shogun via KO. Coleman is a game opponent, but it's tough to tell how game at his age, especially when I haven't seen him fight recently. The Rua that lost to Forrest was pretty injured going into the fight, we'll see a different fighter this time, and I except him to unleash some good muay thai strikes. Coleman can take him down but Shogun has good BJJ too.

George St. Pierre vs BJ Penn - George St. Pierre. Anyone that thinks this version of GSP is the same one that fought BJ Penn last time is mistake. His boxing has definitely improved since their last fight, he'll be able to use his reach to his advantage this time, and throw some kicks in. If it goes to the ground, sure BJ has sick jits, but GSP has some nasty ground and pound. GSP is going to be the one dictating where the fight goes and if BJ were a natural WW it might have a different outcome this time, but that's not the case.

Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva - Lyoto by decision. I've learned not to pick against Machida, people might think he's boring, but the guy is just so technical. I don't see how he loses this fight.
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Quote Originally Posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
    kenny played a smart game plan IMO and did alot more than machida does in his fights. I also think thiago is bad match up for diego, but its a pickem fight. Brown is ranked 6th in the world while faber is 1, but should still be an execution. Rashad over forrest? lol ill be taking forrest in that fight all day. Page over Wandy? it'll end up just like their 1st 2 fights.....And hendo fights soo much better when he does not have to starve his body of nutrients, at 205, hendo will be a beat and most likely tko franklin IMO. I do agree with coleman in his prime, but shogun has not been impressive lately so that also IMO is a pick em fight. BJ PENN!!!!!!.........And yes, i hate lyoto too, WAR THIAGO SILVA
    He did play smart, but it was a joke. It was literally a run away gameplan for
    80% of the fight. He did enough to get a decision, but every time Huerta was
    getting his "beast" attitude Kenny just ran away for a minute.

I think a healthy and ready Diego is a bad matchup for anyone in that weight
    class, but he hasnt looked the same since the Kos fight.

I've been on the Evans bandwagon since Ultimate Fighter 2, and he looks better
    than Griffin IMHO.

Rampage looks alot better in the UFC than Wandy does, ALOT better. I'd be
    surprised if Rampage shows up ready (in the head and physically) Ito see him
    loose a fight to Wandy.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

you guys should check out mmaweekly.com ...best mma forum around

i just realized something......Southstander, you watch pro-wrestling but not MMA? bro...time to leave that redneck **** alone and watch an actual sport that features real wrestling.

it may not be as exiting or dramatic as that redneck soap opera but it is real, and it is a sport.....unlike pro-wrestling.

sorry, i just cant stand pro-wrestling, had to throw a little smack in there.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

I noticed there's a few MMA fans here, so I was wondering, would any of you guys wanna play a fantasy MMA game on the message board?

Basically, everyone who agreed to play would have their own camp. We'd set a specific number of rounds and draft fighters, doesn't matter what organization they're from. Then say, every time your fighter gets a victory, that earns you X amount of points. Bonus points added if they win or defend a belt, if they get Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, or Knockout of the Night. Stuff like that. I just thought I'd throw it out there see what you guys thought.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

I would be interested in mma fantasy, I just wonder if we could get enough people to join. I dont know how to do all the design stuff, but if you get it going, im in!

btw, lmao where did you get that gif of jean claud van dam?

Quote Originally Posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
    I would be interested in mma fantasy, I just wonder if we could get enough people to join. I dont know how to do all the design stuff, but if you get it going, im in!

btw, lmao where did you get that gif of jean claud van dam?
    I think getting enough people to join is going to be the tricky part, but setting up how many points awarded, how the draft goes down, ect, shouldn't be too hard.

I got it from a GIF thread on another message board, it never ceases to amuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    I noticed there's a few MMA fans here, so I was wondering, would any of you guys wanna play a fantasy MMA game on the message board?

Basically, everyone who agreed to play would have their own camp. We'd set a specific number of rounds and draft fighters, doesn't matter what organization they're from. Then say, every time your fighter gets a victory, that earns you X amount of points. Bonus points added if they win or defend a belt, if they get Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, or Knockout of the Night. Stuff like that. I just thought I'd throw it out there see what you guys thought.
    defintly interested in that, figure out the details and let me know.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i just realized something......Southstander, you watch pro-wrestling but not MMA? bro...time to leave that redneck **** alone and watch an actual sport that features real wrestling.

it may not be as exiting or dramatic as that redneck soap opera but it is real, and it is a sport.....unlike pro-wrestling.

sorry, i just cant stand pro-wrestling, had to throw a little smack in there.
    Dude... it's not "fake", it's "staged". There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post

Figure out the details and let me know too, I'd be interested... course... I get dibs on Carrano!!!

All right, guys. I'm going to get all the details figured out some time tonight and then post a thread in the fantasy section. From there we can figure out what to keep, what to tweak, what to add, ect.

God Vera is a joke at 205... He has looked so bad in both of his fights there.

^^^Get used to it.^^^