Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1579

Thread: Weather 101

I can't say I'm envious of the extreme snow back east, but I will complain we were in the mid 90's today. Blech..... ugh, it's barely March.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

This time of year almost anything goes, up in the Great White North. Our spring was getting warm at times, and yesterday was a beautiful day! Not warm by southern standards, but comfortable and perfect for yard work.

Woke up today to a thin, but clearly obvious blanket of fresh snow!

Not surprised. And not to worry, spring and summer are on the way. Hmmm....maybe should have left those winter tires on a bit longer....

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This time of year almost anything goes, up in the Great White North. Our spring was getting warm at times, and yesterday was a beautiful day! Not warm by southern standards, but comfortable and perfect for yard work.

Woke up today to a thin, but clearly obvious blanket of fresh snow!

Not surprised. And not to worry, spring and summer are on the way. Hmmm....maybe should have left those winter tires on a bit longer....
    We got down to 33 degrees last night. Had me concerned for the plants, but they should be ok... I think. Our mountains got a ton of snow over the last 2 days and some along the foothills but that's to be expected still in the mountains and foothills, good for the water supply. As usual, we go from pushing 80s to not even hitting 50 24 hours later ... I am ready for summer weather and I hate the wind, please Mrs. Nature quit with the wind!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    We got down to 33 degrees last night. Had me concerned for the plants, but they should be ok... I think. Our mountains got a ton of snow over the last 2 days and some along the foothills but that's to be expected still in the mountains and foothills, good for the water supply. As usual, we go from pushing 80s to not even hitting 50 24 hours later ... I am ready for summer weather and I hate the wind, please Mrs. Nature quit with the wind!
    I have a hunch that people in your area commonly coin the phrase, "if you don't like the weather, come back in ______ minutes" (note, the blank varies from a few, to 5, to 15, to half hour, to whatever!!)

I like the phrase, but it does seem to be used much more extensively than is probably warranted. Oh well, weather talk is always a good "opener". On the other hand, I do know folks who wish their weather was more variable.

OMG....more snow today. Luckily we are only getting a little bit, and it seems to be mostly melting, but folks in the southeast area of our Province might be getting 25 cms or more, which is basically around 10 inches plus. SUCKS!!!

We got around 2.5 feet of snow today. Suppose to get another 2 through tomorrow. Poor wife is working dispatch shift overnight
    Glen Haven Fire

We got a few inches here in Centennial.

Had a tornado touch down a mile or two from our house, we were in town at youth group (tried to convince the church elder who is in charge of the youth group that "hey, might be a good idea to cancel tonight" but his response was "ah, we're fine, I trust the weatherman like I trust a politician")

Spent the entire night in the basement with 20 kids...

every year when summer rolls I round I think why do I live in AZ..... blech...

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    every year when summer rolls I round I think why do I live in AZ..... blech...
    Funny. I say the same thing about MD. Sounds like you need a nice cold drink.

Mid 60s. Going to go do some much needed yard work today.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Funny. I say the same thing about MD. Sounds like you need a nice cold drink.

Mid 60s. Going to go do some much needed yard work today.
    Glad I did the yard work when it was cooler.

93, feels like 105. This is when I wonder why we still live here. I miss CA (except for the high cost of living).
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

It's hotter than a donkey's butt in a pepper field outside today...

I heard that phrase for the first time today, but it's my new favorite way to describe the weather.

We are supposed to have some really fun weather over the next few days in Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

I heard that phrase for the first time today, but it's my new favorite way to describe the weather.

We are supposed to have some really fun weather over the next few days in Kansas.
    I've never heard that one before. Not surprised that you like it. I like some of your Butt jokes.

Fun weather. Hopefully no tornadoes?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Define "fun" pal......as in hot and stormy??

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I've never heard that one before. Not surprised that you like it. I like some of your Butt jokes.

Fun weather. Hopefully no tornadoes?
    Last I heard it was hail, high winds and thunderstorms, but who knows... It's Kansas...It could be a clear sky one minute and tornado the next. The weather here is a bit bi-polar.