Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1579

Thread: Weather 101

  1. #1561
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,640
    I can't say I'm envious of the extreme snow back east, but I will complain we were in the mid 90's today. Blech..... ugh, it's barely March.

    Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    23,967
    This time of year almost anything goes, up in the Great White North. Our spring was getting warm at times, and yesterday was a beautiful day! Not warm by southern standards, but comfortable and perfect for yard work.

    Woke up today to a thin, but clearly obvious blanket of fresh snow!

    Not surprised. And not to worry, spring and summer are on the way. Hmmm....maybe should have left those winter tires on a bit longer....

  3. #1563
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lochbuie, co
    Posts
    2,586
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This time of year almost anything goes, up in the Great White North. Our spring was getting warm at times, and yesterday was a beautiful day! Not warm by southern standards, but comfortable and perfect for yard work.

    Woke up today to a thin, but clearly obvious blanket of fresh snow!

    Not surprised. And not to worry, spring and summer are on the way. Hmmm....maybe should have left those winter tires on a bit longer....
    We got down to 33 degrees last night. Had me concerned for the plants, but they should be ok... I think. Our mountains got a ton of snow over the last 2 days and some along the foothills but that's to be expected still in the mountains and foothills, good for the water supply. As usual, we go from pushing 80s to not even hitting 50 24 hours later ... I am ready for summer weather and I hate the wind, please Mrs. Nature quit with the wind!

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    23,967
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    We got down to 33 degrees last night. Had me concerned for the plants, but they should be ok... I think. Our mountains got a ton of snow over the last 2 days and some along the foothills but that's to be expected still in the mountains and foothills, good for the water supply. As usual, we go from pushing 80s to not even hitting 50 24 hours later ... I am ready for summer weather and I hate the wind, please Mrs. Nature quit with the wind!
    I have a hunch that people in your area commonly coin the phrase, "if you don't like the weather, come back in ______ minutes" (note, the blank varies from a few, to 5, to 15, to half hour, to whatever!!)

    I like the phrase, but it does seem to be used much more extensively than is probably warranted. Oh well, weather talk is always a good "opener". On the other hand, I do know folks who wish their weather was more variable.

  5. #1565
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    23,967
    OMG....more snow today. Luckily we are only getting a little bit, and it seems to be mostly melting, but folks in the southeast area of our Province might be getting 25 cms or more, which is basically around 10 inches plus. SUCKS!!!

  6. #1566
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    6,296
    We got around 2.5 feet of snow today. Suppose to get another 2 through tomorrow. Poor wife is working dispatch shift overnight
    Glen Haven Fire

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,422
    We got a few inches here in Centennial.

  8. #1568
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,459
    Had a tornado touch down a mile or two from our house, we were in town at youth group (tried to convince the church elder who is in charge of the youth group that "hey, might be a good idea to cancel tonight" but his response was "ah, we're fine, I trust the weatherman like I trust a politician")

    Spent the entire night in the basement with 20 kids...


  9. #1569
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,640
    every year when summer rolls I round I think why do I live in AZ..... blech...

    Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

  10. #1570
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    13,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    every year when summer rolls I round I think why do I live in AZ..... blech...
    Funny. I say the same thing about MD. Sounds like you need a nice cold drink.

    Mid 60s. Going to go do some much needed yard work today.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  11. #1571
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    13,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Funny. I say the same thing about MD. Sounds like you need a nice cold drink.

    Mid 60s. Going to go do some much needed yard work today.
    Glad I did the yard work when it was cooler.

    93, feels like 105. This is when I wonder why we still live here. I miss CA (except for the high cost of living).
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  12. #1572
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,459
    It's hotter than a donkey's butt in a pepper field outside today...

    I heard that phrase for the first time today, but it's my new favorite way to describe the weather.

    We are supposed to have some really fun weather over the next few days in Kansas.


  13. #1573
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    13,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's hotter than a donkey's butt in a pepper field outside today...

    I heard that phrase for the first time today, but it's my new favorite way to describe the weather.

    We are supposed to have some really fun weather over the next few days in Kansas.
    I've never heard that one before. Not surprised that you like it. I like some of your Butt jokes.

    Fun weather. Hopefully no tornadoes?
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  14. #1574
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    23,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's hotter than a donkey's butt in a pepper field outside today...

    I heard that phrase for the first time today, but it's my new favorite way to describe the weather.

    We are supposed to have some really fun weather over the next few days in Kansas.
    Define "fun" pal......as in hot and stormy??

  15. #1575
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I've never heard that one before. Not surprised that you like it. I like some of your Butt jokes.

    Fun weather. Hopefully no tornadoes?
    Last I heard it was hail, high winds and thunderstorms, but who knows... It's Kansas...It could be a clear sky one minute and tornado the next. The weather here is a bit bi-polar.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •