Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1579

Thread: Weather 101

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,610

    Weather 101

    SO WHAT'S YOUR WEATHER LIKE???

    We are being hit with big wind and what is so odd for us? Lightening. I'm sitting here watching major strikes very close. Big time thunder which is very odd for this time of year when we were supposed to be having snow fall.
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 04-17-2009 at 08:57 PM.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,610
    Um... We just had a strike very close.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,610
    Now we just got an emergency broadcast warning.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Shiba Inu!
    Posts
    1,454
    Well then....

    sounds like the end of days for Utah....Good Luck BM!


    And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    17,593
    What did you do to piss the Mormon's off?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,610
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    What did you do to piss the Mormon's off?
    You have no idea.

    Snow moving in today/tonight.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    17,593
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    You have no idea.

    Snow moving in today/tonight.
    Ah...... please tell me it didn't involve popping the tire of one of their bikes? That is just cruel!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,610
    HA!

    Denver/Colorado you can HAVE IT!!

    I saw ya'll in the 70's while we put up with this storm. Much needed wet snow in Colorado but we're tired of it in Utah.

    It's ALL yours.

    But we both get to warm up next week FINALLY!!!
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    14,525
    Thunder snow is cool. It forms like a thunderstorm...it just falls as snow.

    Means you also get lightening. In a nut shell...friction.

    Can cause a lot of accumulation in a very short period of time, like flash flooding by thunderstorms....but snow instead.

    Yeah...I'm a weather freak. Came up a year short of graduating with a degree in meteorology. The math kicked my ass.

    Adopted by: Peanut

    "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,610
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanIN View Post
    Thunder snow is cool. It forms like a thunderstorm...it just falls as snow.

    Means you also get lightening. In a nut shell...friction.

    Can cause a lot of accumulation in a very short period of time, like flash flooding by thunderstorms....but snow instead.

    Yeah...I'm a weather freak. Came up a year short of graduating with a degree in meteorology. The math kicked my ass.

    We had the lightening and thunder during snow a few days ago. VERY bizzare. Then we had the hail balls like snow. So odd.

    But the WIND! Tired of it once again. Can't wait until this low moves east.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,690
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    We had the lightening and thunder during snow a few days ago. VERY bizzare. Then we had the hail balls like snow. So odd.

    But the WIND! Tired of it once again. Can't wait until this low moves east.
    Were getting bout 30" of snow tonight through tomorrow.

    But 65ish on sunday

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,610
    We are headed to Vegas next weekend.

    It is forecasted to be 92 on Wednesday and 85 on Friday.

    I'm not sure how to act.

    Or what to pack.

    I'm sitting here in a sweatshirt at home, wearing winter coats outside and planning on reaching for a bathing suit while packing next week for just 170 miles away.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    10,255
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    We are headed to Vegas next weekend.

    It is forecasted to be 92 on Wednesday and 85 on Friday.

    I'm not sure how to act.

    Or what to pack.

    I'm sitting here in a sweatshirt at home, wearing winter coats outside and planning on reaching for a bathing suit while packing next week for just 170 miles away.
    I used to live in that hell hole you call "Vegas"
    haha no Im just kidding, I like it there.

    But we've been getting rain and snow here all day, I love it!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty6006 View Post
    I used to live in that hell hole you call "Vegas"
    haha no Im just kidding, I like it there.

    But we've been getting rain and snow here all day, I love it!

    Lived in Vegas for 11 years.

    When that one day, every other year or so, snow falls, ROFLMAO.

    Those people are complete..... um......idiots.

    Unbelievable.


    In the past hour, we have actually warmed from 42 to 46 degrees and the wind has FINALLY stopped.

    It's amazing the change I just felt at this hour.

    Relief should be heading Colorado's way.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA by way of Phx, AZ
    Posts
    5,629
    Been really windy here in the AZ lately.

    Already starting to get hotter although it rained last Saturday which is really nice. Its been threatening rain for a couple days but has only rained once.

    I like rain. Live in the wrong state for it though.
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •