Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    To the untrained eye, the 2010 Ravens look a lot like the old Cleveland Browns would if they hadn't kicked their team out of the city.
    On an unrelated note... Al, why does your post count reset after every 100?

Quote Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
    On an unrelated note... Al, why does your post count reset after every 100?
    The Barrel Man usually does it around 350 posts I think.

I post a lot more than I actually contribute, and others have certainly earned more respect than I. I do it to show deference to our older members who contributed so much to the community over the years. I want the newbies to know who is really important and how to be part of the community; by looking to you guys.

So I try to lay low. I don't know why, but people look at post counts. I want them to see you guys as the leaders you are in the community. I'm just a dude that breaks stuff a lot. You guys actually make the community, so I want them to look to you.

The logo remained untouched... the uniforms were tweaked slightly... the only MAJOR change was the color change.

Here's the difference in the colors...

Here's a look at the two different logos...

1977 - 1991

1992 - 1996 (2001 Throwback)

I like all the new changes in the definition to the later helmet, EXCEPT THE eyes...they made it look like a chick horse, keep the old eyes!
    XBOX Live Tag - Sniperclick, hmu for LEGIT Madden game (top 1000 player every year and do it by playing real FB no bs) wow new signatures suck, can the pics be any smaller?

Thanks dragon...it was good to go down memory lane..
    BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

The current helmet is, by far, my favorite. There is some great history in this thread, though.

The current Bronco helmets are so ugly. Bring back the old ones.

I would like to see the broncos wear the 1977-1991 uniforms at least one home game a season just for the heck of it. Mainly because except for the Bailey jersey, a Shanahan signed picture, and a Broncos football everything else that I have has the 1977-1991 logo on it.
    Last edited by elway 1987; 09-08-2010 at 12:11 PM.
    [COLOR="Orange"]R.I.P Kenny McKinley (1987-2010)
    [/COLOR]
    A day to remember: 4-19-1995

Quote Originally Posted by elway 1987 View Post
    I would like to see the broncos wear the 1977-1991 uniforms at least one home game a season just for the heck of it. Mainly because except for the Bailey jersey, a Shanahan signed picture, and a Broncos football everything else that I have has the 1977-1991 logo on it.
    I have one of those jerseys.

I have one too Al from 1991 ..got it at a home game against the raiders...
    its packed away now and have a newer one for game days.
    When I was 4 or 5 and I thought the old logo was a dog, my dad argued it was a horse but I thought it was a cartoon of our dog..lol
    BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

I think that for "theme" days like throwbacks and stuff, the people that dress accordingly should get like a free beer or brat or something to encourage participation.

I am a bit of a uniform geek myself, and I applaud you for this helmet history. You're the first person I've seen who has gotten the '66 helmets correct, with the blue outline and slightly different tail on the logo. I have a question about your representation of the '65 helmets, though. I have color video footage (from the Broncos History DVD) of several games from '65, and all those scenes show the helmet with a plain white stripe. Here's an example:

I also have a black & white photo of the Broncs on the road against the Chargers (which I believe was the first game of the season in '65), and it sure looks like there is blue-white-blue striping on the helmet:

Do you have any color photos that show the blue-white-blue striping, or any idea of how many games they might have worn such helmets?

From one geek to another, I thank you.

Does anyone have the original logo concepts for the Broncos current logo?

Back when the new uniforms came out, Nike town had an awesome display of several concepts that were being considered for the current logo.

1997-1998 SuperBowl Run

Why did we change the helmets? That was our good luck.

I didn't realize the helmet changed, albeit in a subtle way, in 1999,

So THAAAAAAAAAAT'S what happened to us. I always thought it was Elway retiring and TO getting hurt, but clearly it was this!

BTW, I like the 1960 helmet, though I might be alone in that. Enough to buy Kyle Orton's from last year, funky little 8 ball that it is.

Great Job!!!
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!