X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biggregb
    Starter
    • Feb 2009

Pueblo Central vs Pueblo Centennial the oldest rivalry west of the Mississippi

This Friday Pueblo Central and Pueblo Centennial will renew its football rivalry. It is the 109th time the two schools will have met on the gridiron. The rivalry dates back to 1892. Since 1950 the schools have played in what is known as the Bell Game. The winner getting the right to keep the victory bell. The bell is a traveling trophy that the two schools share with the winner painting the bell in their school colors and keeping it along with bragging rights throughout the year. I actually posted about this in another thread,( something unique about where you live located in anything but football forum), can't post a link right now I'm on my phone. Anyway last year was one of the most exciting games in recent memory with Central winning on a two point conversion in overtime 21-22. This year Central will honor its most famous alum Earl "Dutch" Clark honored before the game. You can read more about Dutch Clark in the previously mentioned thread. Clarks two sons will be present for the game. Anyway I will be rooting for the Central Wildcats as always, being an alum myself.
    sigpic
  • Charlie Brown
    King of the Echo People
    • Oct 2004

Yep well aware of it.

Excited for the Cannon Game.

Though I went to one of the schools involved in the Cannon game I would like to see the school I teach at win

Bell Game though - doesn't matter as much to me. But am leaning towards Central.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Biggregb
      Starter
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      Yep well aware of it.

Excited for the Cannon Game.

Though I went to one of the schools involved in the Cannon game I would like to see the school I teach at win

Bell Game though - doesn't matter as much to me. But am leaning towards Central.
      Did you go to South or East?
      sigpic

Comment

• Charlie Brown
        King of the Echo People
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
        Did you go to South or East?
        Can't say

Mouth is shut - already said too much.

I prefer to not be "known" on the internet. If somebody on the net knows my real name and the places I frequent in real life it gets .... wierd. Or at least I feel ... "wierd". I'm a bit paranoid at times.

Comment

• Biggregb
          Starter
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
          Can't say

Mouth is shut - already said too much.

I prefer to not be "known" on the internet. If somebody on the net knows my real name and the places I frequent in real life it gets .... wierd. Or at least I feel ... "wierd". I'm a bit paranoid at times.
          Is it because of that whole " Browns" thing? I can dig it.
          sigpic

Comment

• Charlie Brown
            King of the Echo People
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
            Is it because of that whole " Browns" thing? I can dig it.
            That's one reason and another is my politics.

The team I like and my political opinion (politics section) makes people angry quickly... so I rather enjoy my anonymity.

Comment

• Biggregb
              Starter
              • Feb 2009

For any Pueblo natives who happen across this thread and are curious about the outcome, Central won in another classic 29-20 with the outcome decided in the final minutes once again. Central now leads the overall series 55-45-9 and 34-24-3 in Bell games, and have now won 3 straight against their north side rivals.
              sigpic

Comment

• EliW14
                Practice Squad
                • Oct 2009

Correction

For your information, this idiot was wrong. The score of the Bell Game was not 29-20. The score was 32-20. This is very unfortunate for me to say because my team is the one that lost.

Comment

• guappo1
                  Practice Squad
                  • Oct 2009

Pueblo Football

The first poster was right the score was 29 to 20 in favor of Central. The fact the I was at the Game and watched my grandson a starting lineback for Central gives me a little more push with what happened. Great game with a lot of fire from both sides.

Comment

• Broncbeat
                    Nowhere Man
                    • Mar 2009

I always liked going to the bell games. I'm also a cannon game fan, I went to South( Go Colt's)'82'. Hope to here news about that game as well. I do not live in Pueblo any more.
                    Last edited by Broncbeat; 10-03-2009, 08:11 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Biggregb
                      Starter
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EliW14 View Post
                      For your information, this idiot was wrong. The score of the Bell Game was not 29-20. The score was 32-20. This is very unfortunate for me to say because my team is the one that lost.
                      Goes to show how much you payed attention to the game. 29-20 was the score And no need to call me names guy I'm just trying to pass information on to my fellow Puebloans who haved moved on. When you grow up you'll apreciate this kind of thing more........ Oh and by the way, the Bell Rings Blue!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Biggregb
                        Starter
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Broncbeat View Post
                        I always liked going to the bell games. I'm also a cannon game fan, I went to South( Go Colt's)'82'. Hope to here news about that game as well. I do not live in Pueblo any more.
                        I will definitely post the Cannon Game as well!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                          Captain
                          • Aug 2008

Dang wish I woulda stumbled across this thread sooner.

My dad was a Centennial bulldog from 85 to 89. If anyone knows him lol, #27 George Perez. He played DE for the football team, he wrestled, and he did track.

He still has the big patch from their 88 state championship

So thats for any Centennial grads out there lol.

Comment

• Biggregb
                            Starter
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                            Dang wish I woulda stumbled across this thread sooner.

My dad was a Centennial bulldog from 85 to 89. If anyone knows him lol, #27 George Perez. He played DE for the football team, he wrestled, and he did track.

He still has the big patch from their 88 state championship

So thats for any Centennial grads out there lol.
                            Don't know your dad as he graduated the year before I started high school and the whole fact that he was a Bulldog and I went to Central. But I do remember those Centennial teams from that era. And they were tough!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                              Hall of Famer
                              • Apr 2009

I didn't know there was so many people from Pueblo on this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X