Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SO proud of my daughter!

We wer einvited to her class for an award ceremony. So, of course, we go! Little Sammy is the type who is very independant and headstrong. Such a sweetheart who is always smiling and laughing.

Well... she won an award for "Recognition of Trustworthiness" for he whole Kinder class!!!!!!

I know, an elementary school award is nothing too huge in the grand scheme of things... but to the parents it's GREAT! Add to that the positive reinforcement aspect of it and I could not be any more proud of her!! She's tracking her brother's footsteps while blazing her own path.
    *2011 Bronco Mania Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Congrats eb. My son is kindergarten and he brings home stickers and prizes for being a good kid every week and my heart just swells. I absolutely love being a dad.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Congrats eb. My son is kindergarten and he brings home stickers and prizes for being a good kid every week and my heart just swells. I absolutely love being a dad.
    It's th best feeling in the world!!!

to you and your family for rearing your boy so well.

Oh gawd wait till they are in high school.

That's awesome though getting awards like that and the only time I got a reward like that was for being patient which made me realize later on that they probably just couldn't think of anything good for me.

Congrats to Sammy!

And to Chaz (is that his name?)!

Administrator

Adopted by andrewmlb, osub86, BM_69, SS, DFNPL, EddieMac, & BFBoy !

I adopted: andrewmlb, BM_69, saltybuggah, CW, SS, *At*, BSD, 2MW, ebsoria, Jaws, Bronco-24, HurricaneDovs, FF, TheSyxxSynse, DFNPL, GG & BFI !

Adopted Bronco: Wes Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Congrats to Sammy!

And to Chaz (is that his name?)!

Yep Charlie and Zoe are my two rugrats.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    Oh gawd wait till they are in high school.

That's awesome though getting awards like that and the only time I got a reward like that was for being patient which made me realize later on that they probably just couldn't think of anything good for me.
    Ah, yeah... that's like the Boy Scouts. They got a badge for every damn thing now!! The next one is; Achieved 100 Hours Playing On The xBox and is shaped like the controller!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Ah, yeah... that's like the Boy Scouts. They got a badge for every damn thing now!! The next one is; Achieved 100 Hours Playing On The xBox and is shaped like the controller!!!
    Sweet I have earned at least ten of those by now.

I'm working on getting my 200th hour.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Sweet I have earned at least ten of those by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by broooks77 View Post
    I'm working on getting my 200th hour.
    Now I'm feeling like the geek for getting my WoW patch...

Congrats to all! It is an important time for them when there that young. They need confidence. Great job!

Love them, teach them, respect them, and listen to them.......give them every chance to be something special, because that possibility lies within every child.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Love them, teach them, respect them, and listen to them.......give them every chance to be something special, because that possibility lies within every child.
    I could not have put that any better.

You got me goin now Can... ya know what Ju and I saw yesterday that baffled us at her award ceremony? I'll tell ya....

Sam's "mom" was there too. Well... J and I walk in and Sam sees us and lights up, all smiles and excited. We wave, smile, blow a kiss, make the "I love you sign" with our hand, take our seat kinda close to her, and wait. Her "mom" walks in and.... well, her "mom" waved, but Sam didn't light up or anything. Odd, we thought, but, hey, that's Sam and Ant's usual reaction to her.

So, the award ceremony is done and we get ushered out. "Mom" is closer to the door so she waves first and blows Sam a kiss, undoubtably because she saw us do it! Sam? Nothing. Just a semi blank stare and nothing else. "Mom" walks out.... we blow Sam a kiss and she get's very animated in catching it and smiling and blowing us one back!!!!!

It hurts my feelings too, that it seems they don't have that affection with their mom. I grew up with very little affection towards my biological mom, and all I ever wanted was for my children to have that "complete" family and all the love and attention and care they could possibly want yet I don't see it with/from their "mom". And it's gonna bite her in the ass one day soon!!!

All I know, is that I am beyond blessed to have them in my life. Then to find a woman like J who has accepted them as her own, loves them as her own, and treats them every bit as her own more so then their actual "mom" does....

*sigh*..... I guess I'll end there. I just needed to vent and it almost got out of hand. /rant

I could not have put that any better.

You got me goin now Can... ya know what Ju and I saw yesterday that baffled us at her award ceremony? I'll tell ya....

Sam's "mom" was there too. Well... J and I walk in and Sam sees us and lights up, all smiles and excited. We wave, smile, blow a kiss, make the "I love you sign" with our hand, take our seat kinda close to her, and wait. Her "mom" walks in and.... well, her "mom" waved, but Sam didn't light up or anything. Odd, we thought, but, hey, that's Sam and Ant's usual reaction to her.

So, the award ceremony is done and we get ushered out. "Mom" is closer to the door so she waves first and blows Sam a kiss, undoubtably because she saw us do it! Sam? Nothing. Just a semi blank stare and nothing else. "Mom" walks out.... we blow Sam a kiss and she get's very animated in catching it and smiling and blowing us one back!!!!!

It hurts my feelings too, that it seems they don't have that affection with their mom. I grew up with very little affection towards my biological mom, and all I ever wanted was for my children to have that "complete" family and all the love and attention and care they could possibly want yet I don't see it with/from their "mom". And it's gonna bite her in the ass one day soon!!!

All I know, is that I am beyond blessed to have them in my life. Then to find a woman like J who has accepted them as her own, loves them as her own, and treats them every bit as her own more so then their actual "mom" does....

*sigh*..... I guess I'll end there. I just needed to vent and it almost got out of hand. /rant
    eb,

You fully understand the meaning of parenthood.......and your family and the people around you all know that. Your kids will always be grateful for the way you raised them, and they will always feel the love they get from you. And they too will be close to your lady, because we all gravitate to those who genuinely care for us.

As for your kids, there is no doubt that they will be like you, caring and open-minded people, having experienced the reality that comes with life and love.....it's a very powerful influence, and one that has a nice "contagious" effect on this planet.

Feel good my friend........you have found the sweet spot in life.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    eb,

You fully understand the meaning of parenthood.......and your family and the people around you all know that. Your kids will always be grateful for the way you raised them, and they will always feel the love they get from you. And they too will be close to your lady, because we all gravitate to those who genuinely care for us.

As for your kids, there is no doubt that they will be like you, caring and open-minded people, having experienced the reality that comes with life and love.....it's a very powerful influence, and one that has a nice "contagious" effect on this planet.

Feel good my friend........you have found the sweet spot in life.
    Thanks Can. If this is the sweet spot, then I don't ever want out. :salute!: