Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52

Thread: Boxing Thread

There were a few shots dlh took where i think a heavier handed fighter would have dropped him....looked like hooks/overhand that dlh was taking a few times. Hes definitely one to watch though.

Didnt see how crawford taunted his opponent but i dont really think hes done anything to deserve a fight with pac. Id like to see him face loman though...

Dirrells fight or post fight i should say was interesting. 1 fight ending like that is wierd, nevermind 2
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    There were a few shots dlh took where i think a heavier handed fighter would have dropped him....looked like hooks/overhand that dlh was taking a few times. Hes definitely one to watch though.

Didnt see how crawford taunted his opponent but i dont really think hes done anything to deserve a fight with pac. Id like to see him face loman though...

Dirrells fight or post fight i should say was interesting. 1 fight ending like that is wierd, nevermind 2
    I think they should put Diego in with another pressure fighter. See how he handles it.

Man, Crawford killed Diaz. Diaz kept trying to force Crawford to come to him so he could counter, and Crawford would walk right up to him and tap him on the head. lol. Idk how Diaz could even see. Both eyes were almost swollen shut. Diaz showed a lot of heart, though. Did a lot of good stuff later in the fight, but Crawford was just too much.

I remember watching Abraham knock Dirrell out live. It's crazy how this could happen twice to one guy. Uzcategui probably lost himself the fight, though. He was ahead on two of the scorecards.

There really isnt any excuse for him not to hear the bell. Have you heard any explanation from uz as to why it went down that way?

I heard of a possible fight you might like: garcia vs broner. Who would you have in that one? I myself would really like that one. I havent seen much of garcia but isnt he undefeated? Something like 35-0?
    Glen Haven Fire

There really isnt any excuse for him not to hear the bell. Have you heard any explanation from uz as to why it went down that way?

I heard of a possible fight you might like: garcia vs broner. Who would you have in that one? I myself would really like that one. I havent seen much of garcia but isnt he undefeated? Something like 35-0?
    Haven't heard anything from Uzcategui, but it was pretty blatant. He probably deserved what he got, tbh. Of course the Dirrell family will get far worse moving forward. This was bad for Andre and Anthony's careers. Andre used to be really good. Anthony not so much, but it's a shame, really.

Yeah, I'd be more stoked about Garcia/Linares, but I've always been a huge Mikey Garcia fan. I get excited about all of his fights. We'll see what happens w/Broner. He was a handful at LW, before moving up. If he's motivated, it could be a pretty good fight. I've had Garcia in my top 10 P4P for like four years now. Not only has he beaten a who's who list of good fighters, but looked impressive throughout. He had contract issues, and was inactive for a while during that period.

Get a couple of great fights later this year. Ward/Kov II and Canelo/GGG. Should be interesting.

Man dlh is on his high horse about may vs conner. Part of it i agree with and a lot of it seems like hes trying to make himself look good to the boxing world. But heres the thing, even if the fight happens, i dont see it doing nearly as well as some think. The cats out of the bag that its a gimmick fight and people now know how may fights. I do agree that boxing has everything to lose and nothing to gain.
    Glen Haven Fire

Man dlh is on his high horse about may vs conner. Part of it i agree with and a lot of it seems like hes trying to make himself look good to the boxing world. But heres the thing, even if the fight happens, i dont see it doing nearly as well as some think. The cats out of the bag that its a gimmick fight and people now know how may fights. I do agree that boxing has everything to lose and nothing to gain.
    I agree w/Oscar, but he's not exactly in the best position to call the fight out following that Alvarez/Chavez business. Also, it's his competition, so it makes business sense for him to trash the fight.

I'm with you on that fight potentially being a snoozer. The fight is designed to bring in casual fans, who always want to see a Rocky Balboa Hollywood fight. It's not likely. What they'll probably get is a tired McGregor, unwilling to engage, because it sucks to throw five, land one, and get countered in between.