Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 772

Thread: Boxing Thread

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bessemer, CO.
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    And Pac Man is backing out due to refusal to be tested "so close to the fight".


    That is why boxing is a joke, there is one fight left that anyone cares to see
    and it won't even happen.
    Is that what it is? Because what I heard was Paquiao was upset that Mayweather is trying to make up rules as he goes. Sounds like typical money may.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    795

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    Is that what it is? Because what I heard was Paquiao was upset that Mayweather is trying to make up rules as he goes. Sounds like typical money may.
    Money May asked for Olympic style druge testing which means random testing
    up til 5 days before the fight. Pac Man claims that doing that would some how
    disrupt his training... Even so, Mayweather would be doing it as well, so ummm

    yeah.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,705
    Quote Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
    Grrrr, I hate MMA
    Again, thats cause you have noodle arms lol.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by thatkidhunt View Post
    Again, thats cause you have noodle arms lol.
    Bro you're so relentless. Can I borrow your flatbill hat?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,705
    Quote Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
    Bro you're so relentless. Can I borrow your flatbill hat?
    Ahhhhhh dude, im just bustin your chops, your a pretty good poster here (for a Bolts fan)

    All jokes aside, what flatbill hat? lol

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bessemer, CO.
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    Yeah that about sums it up for me.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    6,248
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    Money May asked for Olympic style druge testing which means random testing
    up til 5 days before the fight. Pac Man claims that doing that would some how
    disrupt his training... Even so, Mayweather would be doing it as well, so ummm

    yeah.
    get your facts straight. Pac agreed to everything except having blood drawn right before a fight. Thats right he AGREED to all testing except having it done right before fighting. This is a bull**** stunt because moneyless jr doesnt have the balls. This has already happened once

    Jr tried to get pac to fight him and when they said yes jr didnt respond. There is nothing different about this fight than any other fight.

    you may be fan of his boxing but he's an idiot thats scared pure and simple


    oh and a messege to DLH~ you got your butt kicked because manny's a better fighter than you EVER were.
    Last edited by armedequation; 12-26-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    6,248
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    And Pac Man is backing out due to refusal to be tested "so close to the fight".


    That is why boxing is a joke, there is one fight left that anyone cares to see
    and it won't even happen.
    this statement tells me your NOT a boxing fan, so why even comment? You make off the handle remarks on a sport you dont even care about......why should anyone take your comments on this with more than a grain of salt when you just discounted every other boxer thats out there?
    Glen Haven Fire

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bessemer, CO.
    Posts
    996
    So now the Nevada State Athletic Commission is trying to step in and settle things down between the two camps. They have ordered mandatory urine tests for both fighters effective immediately. Each fighter has 48 hours to comply or face fines and or possible suspensions. I don't know what the commission hopes to accomplish with this but I think its too little too late. IMO its easy to blame Mayweather and his camp for this mess because why do they suddenly need Olympic style blood testing? Have they ever requested that from any other opponent? Has anyone ever requested this? What is Mayweather trying to protect. We know money isn't the issue, this would be the richest fight the world has probably ever seen. I think he or his dad is afraid to lose. Afraid of blemishing his spotless record. He needs to realize there is no such thing as an unbeatable fighter, in any sport. That's the beauty of competition, overcoming adversity and redeeming yourself against your biggest adversaries. Not ducking your biggest challenges. He should do what's right and what's in the best interest of himself ( the biggest payday ever and the chance to cement his place in history) the sport( the biggest fight ever and a chance to save the sport) and the fans( a chance to see the fight of a lifetime). Sadly I fear this fight will never happen at least not while they are both in their primes, and the politics that have plagued boxing over the last 15 years or so continue to do so and rob fight fans of great fights and great memories.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    6,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    So now the Nevada State Athletic Commission is trying to step in and settle things down between the two camps. They have ordered mandatory urine tests for both fighters effective immediately. Each fighter has 48 hours to comply or face fines and or possible suspensions. I don't know what the commission hopes to accomplish with this but I think its too little too late. IMO its easy to blame Mayweather and his camp for this mess because why do they suddenly need Olympic style blood testing? Have they ever requested that from any other opponent? Has anyone ever requested this? What is Mayweather trying to protect. We know money isn't the issue, this would be the richest fight the world has probably ever seen. I think he or his dad is afraid to lose. Afraid of blemishing his spotless record. He needs to realize there is no such thing as an unbeatable fighter, in any sport. That's the beauty of competition, overcoming adversity and redeeming yourself against your biggest adversaries. Not ducking your biggest challenges. He should do what's right and what's in the best interest of himself ( the biggest payday ever and the chance to cement his place in history) the sport( the biggest fight ever and a chance to save the sport) and the fans( a chance to see the fight of a lifetime). Sadly I fear this fight will never happen at least not while they are both in their primes, and the politics that have plagued boxing over the last 15 years or so continue to do so and rob fight fans of great fights and great memories.
    nothing about this makes me happy as a boxing fan. There were NO questions before now about pac taking roids. Now everyone has doubts even though he's been tested before. This is the reason manny has come back with a lawsuit.

    What pisses me off is that even the blind homer of Jr knows that he's not trustworthy and that he pulls this crap almost every big fight. So my question to anyone is given may's history and manny's history who do you believe? I take manny's side hands down before I would even think about jr's. What person would take roids if they are trying to get in congress?

    Not only that but manny agreed to everything except having blood drawn right before the fight. Thats going waaaaaay beyond what he should have to do.

    May is a joke, and i'll side with pac any day of the week unless proven otherwise. Keep running scared mr mouth
    Glen Haven Fire

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,890
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    this statement tells me your NOT a boxing fan, so why even comment? You make off the handle remarks on a sport you dont even care about......why should anyone take your comments on this with more than a grain of salt when you just discounted every other boxer thats out there?
    That statement says I have no intention on watching any boxing match between
    any people not named Pacquiao and Mayweather, and I'm only interested in
    this fight because Pacquiao is the most overhyped person of all time.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,890
    What I do find hilarious is while some Pacquiao nut huggers have been calling
    Mayweather every name they can think of, they have yet to sit down and
    consider the fact that it's more than likely just a mind game that clearly has
    Pacquiao in a crazy fit.

    As the so called boxing expert said on ESPN there is no way either fighter is
    walking away from that pay-day, and they both know that.

    Thats what makes this exact thing genius. Now people are/will question Pac's
    legitmacy even if he is found clean, it's still in our heads now, and if something
    like blood drawn before a fight bothers you as much as it clearly does one can
    only assume that will mess with you too.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bessemer, CO.
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    Pacquiao is the most overhyped person of all time.
    More overhyped than say Matt Cassel?.......... Just messin.......

    How can you say he's overhyped? He's not anymore overhyped than Mayweather. And how can you be so blind as not to see that Mayweather and his dad are scared of Pac. They don't want this fight to happen so they don't have to risk the unbeaten record. Mayweather is not the greatest fighter of all time that he thinks he is, he's just the fastest.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    More overhyped than say Matt Cassel?.......... Just messin.......

    How can you say he's overhyped? He's not anymore overhyped than Mayweather. And how can you be so blind as not to see that Mayweather and his dad are scared of Pac. They don't want this fight to happen so they don't have to risk the unbeaten record. Mayweather is not the greatest fighter of all time that he thinks he is, he's just the fastest.
    I really don't think he is scared of him, I think he is trying to do the Ali thing and
    win the fight before it starts. I think Mayweather is the best boxer around right
    now, but I see him get half as much coverage as Pacquiao unless your watching
    or listening to Jim Rome. He has the only show that spends more time on
    May than Pac.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •