Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    I really don't think he is scared of him, I think he is trying to do the Ali thing and
    win the fight before it starts. I think Mayweather is the best boxer around right
    now, but I see him get half as much coverage as Pacquiao unless your watching
    or listening to Jim Rome. He has the only show that spends more time on
    May than Pac.
    I can understand the "Ali" mind game thing, but I don't necessarily agree he's the best right now. And as for the media coverage you have to remember he's been retired for the better part of the last two years. In that time Pacquiao has has firmly taken the reigns as the the best pound for pound in the world. And you can check ring magazine for that.

neither of you answered my question and i want to see how you rationalize it:

why would someone running for congress in their country take steroids? Wouldnt that be pretty moronic? Pac has never struck me as that idiotic
    Glen Haven Fire

Top Rank says Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey is on for March 13

http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/1/7/...manny-pacquiao

:go:

Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    Top Rank says Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey is on for March 13

http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/1/7/...manny-pacquiao

I just read this in the paper this morning, looks like Mayweather-Paquiao is out of the picture..... For now. I still think this fight is going to happen eventually. It has to ,there is too much money on the table for these two to just walk away not to mention what it would mean for the sport and the winners ego and legacy. I'm just sad it's not happening anytime soon, I was really looking forward to watching a great fight.

As for this new fight, Clotty is a good fighter and may possibly give Pac a run. He gave Coto and Margarito a couple of good fights.... On the other hand he probably doesn't stand a chance against Paquiao.

And as far as Mayweather is concerned I think he should go after Mosley right now. I think thats the next best opportunity for him but lets hope he doesn't try to dodge him or drag his feet about it like we all know he likes to do. It should be a great fight and I'd go out on a limb and say Mosley has a good chance to beat him.

Any thoughts on Mosley-Mayweather???

Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    I just read this in the paper this morning, looks like Mayweather-Paquiao is out of the picture..... For now. I still think this fight is going to happen eventually. It has to ,there is too much money on the table for these two to just walk away not to mention what it would mean for the sport and the winners ego and legacy. I'm just sad it's not happening anytime soon, I was really looking forward to watching a great fight.
    I think Manny is still planning to run for congress. Elections are in May. If he wins then the fight is not likely to happen. He already lost in the last elections. I hope he loses again so he can continue fighting

As for this new fight, Clotty is a good fighter and may possibly give Pac a run. He gave Coto and Margarito a couple of good fights.... On the other hand he probably doesn't stand a chance against Paquiao.

And as far as Mayweather is concerned I think he should go after Mosley right now. I think thats the next best opportunity for him but lets hope he doesn't try to dodge him or drag his feet about it like we all know he likes to do. It should be a great fight and I'd go out on a limb and say Mosley has a good chance to beat him.

Any thoughts on Mosley-Mayweather???
    still dont feel like answering my question huh?

how on earth do you expect may to fight mosely now? Mosely's admitting to taking things in the past correct? So if may ACTUALLY wanted to fight pac but threw the accusations in there when there hasnt been a wiff of ped talk, how's he gonna act against shane?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    still dont feel like answering my question huh?

how on earth do you expect may to fight mosely now? Mosely's admitting to taking things in the past correct? So if may ACTUALLY wanted to fight pac but threw the accusations in there when there hasnt been a wiff of ped talk, how's he gonna act against shane?
    Sorry bro I didn't realize you were talking to me specifically, nothing personal. Anyway looking at your other posts I thiknk the question you were refering to was who do I believe? Let me first say I am a Paquiao fan, I don't know if you are insinuating that I was a Mayweather fan when you referred to May homers but I can't stand his attitude. Don't get me wrong he's a fabulous boxer and he's definitely one of the top fighters in the world P4P. But all in all I believe Paquiao even though there are a lot of doubters out there who say you can't go up that many weight classes and have the success he has.
    As far as Mosley is concerned if you take him at his word he was unaware that anything he took was illegal. It was the cream and the clear by the way. According to him he was assured by his strength and conditioning coach (who I believe is no longer with him) that it was on the up and up. He hasn't tested positive for anything, and I believe he wants a fight with either May or Pac bad enough that he may agree to some of Mays diva like requests.
    I hope I answered your question you were refering to if not please ask again.

I think his question is about why Pac would take roids while trying to be a congressmen
    or something along those lines... Again, MAYWEATHER DOESN'T THINK PAC IS
    ON STEROIDS, IT'S MIND GAMES. <- period.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Sorry bro I didn't realize you were talking to me specifically, nothing personal. Anyway looking at your other posts I thiknk the question you were refering to was who do I believe? Let me first say I am a Paquiao fan, I don't know if you are insinuating that I was a Mayweather fan when you referred to May homers but I can't stand his attitude. Don't get me wrong he's a fabulous boxer and he's definitely one of the top fighters in the world P4P. But all in all I believe Paquiao even though there are a lot of doubters out there who say you can't go up that many weight classes and have the success he has.
    As far as Mosley is concerned if you take him at his word he was unaware that anything he took was illegal. It was the cream and the clear by the way. According to him he was assured by his strength and conditioning coach (who I believe is no longer with him) that it was on the up and up. He hasn't tested positive for anything, and I believe he wants a fight with either May or Pac bad enough that he may agree to some of Mays diva like requests.
    I hope I answered your question you were refering to if not please ask again.

nah nothing personal...dont know you, and i wasn't referring to you when I said may homers. I like the fact that you started a boxing thread and are willing to talk about this. The question i had is do you think manny is a big enough bonehead to take any PED's before he goes into congress? People keep seeming to forget that him taking these would result in bigger consequences than just boxing.

For those that give may any kind of credit on this issue, you need to realize that he's moved up in weight classes just like pac.

May doesnt want to fight pac plain and simple. It took jr a full day and a half to respond when negotiations when awry and all he could say was "i want to fight his punk @**" The next day he proceeded to say that he has worked with pac's camp to get this fight done......really? Pac agreed to everything except having blood drawn the day of the fight. If the test was done 30 days before the fight and after, you would still have an indicator by looking at the various levels in his blood. It was may's (or his camps) suggestion in the first place. So if Pac agrees in principle but asks for testing to be done a certain amount of time before the fight and may says no....how is that negotiating?

Thanks for makin this thread Big Red. Gridiron is correct on his assumptions. If was only mind games then the fight would be on, imho
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
    Grrrr, I hate MMA
    Me too. I used to watch in the mid 90's tho. Now its just to popular. Like a good restaurant that goes mass market ...lol...if that makes any sense..

I love Boxing...but was Born in the early seventies. Before Pay Per View ruined the sport I believe. You know the era of Leonard, Hagler, Pryor vs Arguello....Ali vs Holmes, norton..Hagler vs holmes....Hands of stone....sweet pea....ect...ect.....

I disagree with you about Mayweather. Paquio is the best counter puncher in the game. Also very fast... I think Floydd knows that, and thats why he's playing mind games with him....He knows he would lose I think...lol.

nah nothing personal...dont know you, and i wasn't referring to you when I said may homers. I like the fact that you started a boxing thread and are willing to talk about this. The question i had is do you think manny is a big enough bonehead to take any PED's before he goes into congress? People keep seeming to forget that him taking these would result in bigger consequences than just boxing.

For those that give may any kind of credit on this issue, you need to realize that he's moved up in weight classes just like pac.

May doesnt want to fight pac plain and simple. It took jr a full day and a half to respond when negotiations when awry and all he could say was "i want to fight his punk @**" The next day he proceeded to say that he has worked with pac's camp to get this fight done......really? Pac agreed to everything except having blood drawn the day of the fight. If the test was done 30 days before the fight and after, you would still have an indicator by looking at the various levels in his blood. It was may's (or his camps) suggestion in the first place. So if Pac agrees in principle but asks for testing to be done a certain amount of time before the fight and may says no....how is that negotiating?

Thanks for makin this thread Big Greg. Gridiron is correct on his assumptions. If was only mind games then the fight would be on, imho
    No way is Pac dumb enough to do PEDs and still try to run for office, IMO. But you never know. Something I've learned watching sports over the last few years, you just never know what is going on in these guys' heads. They are people after all and are prone to mess up like the rest of us.

And I fixed my name for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHill-71 View Post

I love Boxing...but was Born in the early seventies. Before Pay Per View ruined the sport I believe. You know the era of Leonard, Hagler, Pryor vs Arguello....Ali vs Holmes, norton..Hagler vs holmes....Hands of stone....sweet pea....ect...ect.....

I'm about your age too and remember that era very well. That to me was the pinnacle of the sport. There were some great battles and superb fighters.

No way is Pac dumb enough to do PEDs and still try to run for office, IMO. But you never know. Something I've learned watching sports over the last few years, you just never know what is going on in these guys' heads. They are people after all and are prone to mess up like the rest of us.

And I fixed my name for you.
    lol sorry was at work and wrote it in a hurry. Yeah we are all human, pac just never struck me as the type to do boneheaded things. Not only is he running for congress but he seems to be the only international source of pride for a country thats one of the poorest in the world
    Glen Haven Fire

not necessarily pay per view but the cost of it. It would be easier for me to pay $20-30 on a fight that may only last a round. $50-60 is just outragous no matter who you are.
    Glen Haven Fire

lol sorry was at work and wrote it in a hurry. Yeah we are all human, pac just never struck me as the type to do boneheaded things. Not only is he running for congress but he seems to be the only international source of pride for a country thats one of the poorest in the world
    I agree, he seems like such a stand up every day guy I don't see him doing things like that.

not necessarily pay per view but the cost of it. It would be easier for me to pay $20-30 on a fight that may only last a round. $50-60 is just outragous no matter who you are.
    Again I agree 20-30 bucks would be SOOO much better. I know some of the fight fans in this thead don't like MMA but I wish their PPV events were cheaper too. I love to watch fights and have a few buddies over for some brews but I have to pick and chose which event I can afford to watch. At least with boxing its not every month like the UFC.

i see the mayweathers are running their mouths without backing it up again. SR obviously hasnt learned to shut up. Seriously a military cocktail now and not a typical PED? If they would have kept they're mouths shut we would have had a fight. As it is they are only pissing off manny and thats not something you want to do

when they finally fight manny will be like a fly on horse$@#$%
    Glen Haven Fire