Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    i see the mayweathers are running their mouths without backing it up again. SR obviously hasnt learned to shut up. Seriously a military cocktail now and not a typical PED? If they would have kept they're mouths shut we would have had a fight. As it is they are only pissing off manny and thats not something you want to do

when they finally fight manny will be like a fly on horse$@#$%
    You know, I hope May doesn't make it past Mosley, if that is the next fight for him. Mayweather really turns me off with his mouth. He's a great fighter but my goodness he likes to talk ****. Now I'm hoping for a Paquiao, Mosley fight later this year or early next year before Sugar Shane qualifies for social security.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    You know, I hope May doesn't make it past Mosley, if that is the next fight for him. Mayweather really turns me off with his mouth. He's a great fighter but my goodness he likes to talk ****. Now I'm hoping for a Paquiao, Mosley fight later this year or early next year before Sugar Shane qualifies for social security.
    i think the pac-clottey fight will be better than people think. Part of me wants mosley to shut mays mouth, but the other part wants pac to do it especially now that pac's pissed. The bitter part of me doesnt want pac to give may the time of day cause every time a may opens their mouth it makes me want to puke. I cant stand people who are extremely full of themselves and want everyone around them to know it
    Glen Haven Fire

i think the pac-clottey fight will be better than people think. Part of me wants mosley to shut mays mouth, but the other part wants pac to do it especially now that pac's pissed. The bitter part of me doesnt want pac to give may the time of day cause every time a may opens their mouth it makes me want to puke. I cant stand people who are extremely full of themselves and want everyone around them to know it
    Sometimes a humbling experience is all someone needs to see the light. I don't think anyone has ever given Mayweather that and that is why he runs his mouth the way he does. Unfortunately that's a tall order when someone is as skilled as he is defensively. He doesn't respect anyone and the only way to get that respect as B Dawk would say is to "take it", someone needs to beat him down decisively and put an end to his motor mouth. That's one of the things I like about Pac, he has humility about him and it makes him easy to root for.

As for Pac- Clotty that should be a pretty decent fight I'm probably going to have to check the schedule because I have a feeling. I'll have to choose between that and a UFC event.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggregb View Post
    Sometimes a humbling experience is all someone needs to see the light. I don't think anyone has ever given Mayweather that and that is why he runs his mouth the way he does. Unfortunately that's a tall order when someone is as skilled as he is defensively. He doesn't respect anyone and the only way to get that respect as B Dawk would say is to "take it", someone needs to beat him down decisively and put an end to his motor mouth. That's one of the things I like about Pac, he has humility about him and it makes him easy to root for.

As for Pac- Clotty that should be a pretty decent fight I'm probably going to have to check the schedule because I have a feeling. I'll have to choose between that and a UFC event.
    i definitely like pac to take clottey based on clottey's defense. It is good normally but pac doesnt come at you from traditional angles which will make a big difference. Im stoked but again it shouldnt be a $50 ppv
    Glen Haven Fire

i definitely like pac to take clottey based on clottey's defense. It is good normally but pac doesnt come at you from traditional angles which will make a big difference. Im stoked but again it shouldnt be a $50 ppv
    Gonna have a house full for this fight tomorrow. I'm married to a Filipino and her family is crazy nuts over PacMan!!

Holding this fight in Dallas Stadium should be an awesome sight. Wonder how many people will be there? Over 100,000?

DirecTV PPV in HD is $60 but we're going for it.

LeT's GeT rEaDy tO rUmBLe
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Gonna have a house full for this fight tomorrow. I'm married to a Filipino and her family is crazy nuts over PacMan!!

Holding this fight in Dallas Stadium should be an awesome sight. Wonder how many people will be there? Over 100,000?

DirecTV PPV in HD is $60 but we're going for it.

LeT's GeT rEaDy tO rUmBLe
    yeah my stepmom is filipino as well although she rooted for DLH when pac fought him because he was more handsome

everyday people dont realize what manny means to that country
    Glen Haven Fire

yeah my stepmom is filipino as well although she rooted for DLH when pac fought him because he was more handsome

everyday people dont realize what manny means to that country
    I was sitting at my brother-in-law's house in Vegas with 50 filipinos during the DLH fight and I told them all before it started I was rooting for Oscar

Thought I was going to be dis-owned and thrown in the pool.

I was sitting at my brother-in-law's house in Vegas with 50 filipinos during the DLH fight and I told them all before it started I was rooting for Oscar

Thought I was going to be dis-owned and thrown in the pool.
    lol doesnt suprise me

were you rooting for dlh or just said that to mess with them?
    Glen Haven Fire

lol doesnt suprise me

were you rooting for dlh or just said that to mess with them?
    Honestly, a little bit of both.

I've always liked DLH but decided to stay dry.

Few minutes left before the fight.

GO MANNY!!!

:go:

you just cant do anything when he's throwing that many punches. Told my better half before the fight that clottey will have the most trouble with manny's speed. The thing is that guys dont have the power that pac has behind the speed.

I almost want to see mosely vs pac as I think that would be a better offensive fight but we will see what happens.

good job on another fight manny!

thoughts on the fight?

while i loved how the announcers were finally giving manny the credit he deserves, I also had to laugh when one guy said that most of the fighters were past their prime. Sorry but erik morales and MAB were IN their prime when pac fought them. Just because hatton lost to floyd before fighting manny doesnt mean he wass washed up, hell floyd didnt come close to jacking him up the way manny did. There was the DLH fight but how can you blame manny when oscar was the one who was depleted trying to make wieght, even if he wasnt the fight would have been the same....anyways rant over
    Last edited by armedequation; 03-15-2010 at 07:16 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Not much of a fight really. 1,230 punches thrown vs 399? Clottey just sat there with his gloves in front of his face the whole time. When he did engage, he landed some good ones so his lack of aggressiveness was quite odd really. With his height advantage, I expected more from him.

Personally, I thought it was a tad disappointing that it wasn't more competitive.

PacMan clearly dominated this fight. You gotta love the guy, his smile and his humbleness.

Not much of a fight really. 1,230 punches thrown vs 399? Clottey just sat there with his gloves in front of his face the whole time. When he did engage, he landed some good ones so his lack of aggressiveness was quite odd really. With his height advantage, I expected more from him.

Personally, I thought it was a tad disappointing that it wasn't more competitive.

PacMan clearly dominated this fight. You gotta love the guy, his smile and his humbleness.
    well clottey said that he had trouble with only pacs speed which i dont buy. If it werent for the combo of speed and power, i think he would have thrown more. I do have to laugh because pac took some good ones but never seemed to phase him in the slightest. Towards the end when clottey tried to open up he had about 12 of mannys punches to deal with while trying to throw anymore than one punch. It looked to me like clottey was very frustrated by having to stay confined behind his forearms
    Glen Haven Fire

well clottey said that he had trouble with only pacs speed which i dont buy. If it werent for the combo of speed and power, i think he would have thrown more. I do have to laugh because pac took some good ones but never seemed to phase him in the slightest. Towards the end when clottey tried to open up he had about 12 of mannys punches to deal with while trying to throw anymore than one punch. It looked to me like clottey was very frustrated by having to stay confined behind his forearms
    Once it reached the 10th, 11th and 12th rounds, we started yelling for Manny to PUT HIM DOWN! MAKE HIM HIT THE MAT! That would have been cool just to add some excitement.

So now Mayweather or Mosley?

Once it reached the 10th, 11th and 12th rounds, we started yelling for Manny to PUT HIM DOWN! MAKE HIM HIT THE MAT! That would have been cool just to add some excitement.

So now Mayweather or Mosley?
    quite honestly i'd like to see mosely becuase i dont think mayweather deserves it. However if mayweather makes it past mosely then you wont see the normal cordial pacman in that fight. Roach even made comments on how much pac doesnt like may which is extremely odd. Everyone that pac fights cant help but like the guy
    Glen Haven Fire