Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Everyone that pac fights cant help but like the guy
    During the pre-fight weigh in and infamous "stare down" for the cameras, Pac had me rolling when he couldn't keep doing it, started laughing and gave that big smile of his. Clottey joined in with the smiles and that was pretty funny I thought.

Manny is a very likable guy and as mentioned during the broadcast, the most famous and recognizable sport figure around the world right now.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Talking

Well boxing has been pretty exciting since the rise of the MMA world, promoters and match makers have been making good matches but every once in a while they get it wrong and they got this one wrong. I felt very bad for the 50,000 plus in attendance, they didn't get to see a very exciting fight. The most exciting time of the fight was on HBO when I think it was Jim Lampley going crazy with the " Bang, Bang, Bang, BaBang". That was halarious. Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Boxert22 View Post
    Well boxing has been pretty exciting since the rise of the MMA world, promoters and match makers have been making good matches but every once in a while they get it wrong and they got this one wrong. I felt very bad for the 50,000 plus in attendance, they didn't get to see a very exciting fight. The most exciting time of the fight was on HBO when I think it was Jim Lampley going crazy with the " Bang, Bang, Bang, BaBang". That was halarious. Thanks Jim
    i would be disappointed but i just dont think that clottey was actually prepared for manny's speed. In almost every fight of pac's when they interview the other guy, they almost always say his speed was the problem. So my question is this: is his speed actually that decieving or is it just that he's sooo much faster in the ring?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Boxert22 View Post
    The most exciting time of the fight was on HBO when I think it was Jim Lampley going crazy with the " Bang, Bang, Bang, BaBang". That was halarious. Thanks Jim

We cracked up with that too. It was like watching an old Batman and Robin cartoon with the *Kapow*, *zoink* and *Wham* thought bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

We cracked up with that too. It was like watching an old Batman and Robin cartoon with the *Kapow*, *zoink* and *Wham* thought bubbles.
    It was like Jim was pissed off at Clottely for not fighting back! Maybe he thought that Clottely would hear him and start fighting.
    "Bang, Bang, Bang, Babang."

Oh thank you, I'm in the service!

Didn't get to watch the fight on Saturday we had prior obligations and couldn't watch. Anyway thanks to BM69 and Armedequation for the recap. :salute!:
    So Pac dominated once again? No surprise there the guy is simply the best in the world right now. May knows it and wants nothing to do with him. Too fast too strong and probably the most down to earth athlete on the planet. Eventually though its just too much money for Mayweather to pass up. He's gotta fight Pac!

You didnt really miss much Biggregb.
    That fight looked more like a sparring session.
    1,230 punches in 12 rounds. WOW

:go:

Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    You didnt really miss much Biggregb.
    That fight looked more like a sparring session.
    1,230 punches in 12 rounds. WOW

:go:
    Over 1,200 in 12 rounds? That's insane!

Manny threw 1,230 punches while "guard my face Clottey" threw 399.

Um.... do that math.

Pathetic really. Not a match at all.

Does anyone else want to see Pacquiao passed out on the canvas with Mayweather, Jr. hovering above him in victory? Or am I the only one?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Does anyone else want to see Pacquiao passed out on the canvas with Mayweather, Jr. hovering above him in victory? Or am I the only one?

I think you might be the only one, but if Pac faces either of Mayweather or Mosely, Manny isn't afraid of either of them.

It's their camps that are.

Once the Mayweather and Mosely fight if over on May 1st, we all know one huge matchup is going to be on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    why would anyone cheer for a guy that is all mouth outside of the ring? This is what I cant understand. He does NOTHING outside of boxing that would lead anyone to believe that he is the slightest bit respectable. I see the guy go to talk and it makes me want to throw up. Makes false accusations with nothing to back it up except his word (which is worth nothing).

Yet manny is the one thing that brings the filipino nation to the world in any regards unless something bad happens like mudslides in his country. He runs for congress to try to improve his country. Does nothing/says nothing that would make anyone dislike him and is so humble in everything that he does

so if you knew nothing about the guys except what i just said who would you cheer for? Maybe im missing something but all i have to do is hear mayweather and his me me me mentality and I feel like im not missing anything.
    Glen Haven Fire

this is case in point:

"i think pac gave the fans a boring fight and he was one dimensional"

~floyd

he goes on to say that if you watch him that it is non stop action.....should i go on? okay i will

he refers to himself in the 3rd person
    he calls pac an amatuer compared to him
    states that he could draw more people to that stadium (BS if he was fightin clottey)
    the only reason pac is popular is because of his ethnicity
    ----------------------------------

um your a counter puncher so to say that your non stop action is stupid. All ive seen you do is run around the ring until it suites you to throw a punch.....far cry from non stop

dont refer to yourself in third person, do you seem to think that the reporter or yourself forgot who you are?

yes many amatuers have won titles in 7 different divisions especially when continually moving up from flywieght

no pac is popular because of the person he is not because he's filipino
    Last edited by armedequation; 03-16-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

haha now margarito says he'll fight pac anywhere.......

what he needs to ask himself is who would want to fight margarito? Sorry but you havent done anything except cheat, how does that translate to you deserving to fight anyone?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    this is case in point:

"i think pac gave the fans a boring fight and he was one dimensional"

~floyd

he goes on to say that if you watch him that it is non stop action.....should i go on? okay i will

he refers to himself in the 3rd person
    he calls pac an amatuer compared to him
    states that he could draw more people to that stadium (BS if he was fightin clottey)
    the only reason pac is popular is because of his ethnicity
    ----------------------------------

um your a counter puncher so to say that your non stop action is stupid. All ive seen you do is run around the ring until it suites you to throw a punch.....far cry from non stop

dont refer to yourself in third person, do you seem to think that the reporter or yourself forgot who you are?

yes many amatuers have won titles in 7 different divisions especially when continually moving up from flywieght

no pac is popular because of the person he is not because he's filipino
    For him to say that Manny is a boring fighter and only popular because of his ethnicity is ridiculous. And the only way mayweather packs Jerry Jones' house more than Pac is if money swallows his big boy pill and mans up and fights Pac. The guy is something else I will say that.