View Poll Results: Should we honor Chris Henry this week?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    71 53.38%
  • No

    62 46.62%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sullivians Island SC
    Posts
    2,210
    Chris Henery was one of the top running backs in the league and will be missed. Our prayers go out to his family, such a tragic loss at a young age. I also fell bad for the Bingles, they were having such a great year, only to have it cut short by the loss of there best running back. No team should have to go through that. As Denver fans we can relate to there loss, having loss a couple of great players ourselves a couple years ago.

    Chris Henery will be remembered!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Because he is an ex-NFL player and he deserves it. I know you'll say if he does than anybody does but we should honor him because he deserves it
    Ok fine....But ex NFLers die all the time do we really need every week being a memorial to them? Let the Teams the Players were associated with make the call. It is Bull-**** when the NFL starts telling teams how to honor fallen teammates. EX.... When Dwil was killed...The 4 Broncos in the Pro Bowl all wanted to wear his Jersey #...NFL said no....... Next year.... Every D player on the NFC wore Sean Taylors #......What about Jake Not being allowed to honor Pat Tillman (his college roommate). When the NFL gets involved nothing good comes of it. I say let his teammates and former teammates and teams he was associated with do what they feel the need. But there is no need for Denver to do anything more then a 20sec moment of silence
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    24,971
    Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    Ok fine....But ex NFLers die all the time do we really need every week being a memorial to them? Let the Teams the Players were associated with make the call. It is Bull-**** when the NFL starts telling teams how to honor fallen teammates. EX.... When Dwil was killed...The 4 Broncos in the Pro Bowl all wanted to wear his Jersey #...NFL said no....... Next year.... Every D player on the NFC wore Sean Taylors #......What about Jake Not being allowed to honor Pat Tillman (his college roommate). When the NFL gets involved nothing good comes of it. I say let his teammates and former teammates and teams he was associated with do what they feel the need. But there is no need for Denver to do anything more then a 20sec moment of silence
    Wow a little harsh eh?

    Bronco fans around here were upset and hurt by the fact DWill or DNash were not honored in a more public statement. You don't have to start cussing and carrying on right now.

    A moment of silence was already observed in Jacksonville tonight and I'm sure the rest of the home stadiums this weekend will do the same.

    "When the NFL get involved nothing good comes of it" ???

    He'll get his moment of silence but geeez. Grow a heart. During Christmas time you sound like the Grinch.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    8,035
    Umm, NO.

    I really don't care about Chris Henry's remarkable turn around.

    He didn't turn anything around.

    I'm I the only one who wasn't shocked by his death and the circumstances behind it?

    And you guys want to HONOR this clown?

    Gimme a break.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    Chris Henery was one of the top running backs in the league and will be missed. Our prayers go out to his family, such a tragic loss at a young age. I also fell bad for the Bingles, they were having such a great year, only to have it cut short by the loss of there best running back. No team should have to go through that. As Denver fans we can relate to there loss, having loss a couple of great players ourselves a couple years ago.

    Chris Henery will be remembered!
    Obviously, he won't be remembered very well by you... It's Chris Henry... I'd give you a pass on the misspelling, but he wasn't a running back, let alone their best running back. He was a wide receiver.
    I'm da Champ... you da Chumps.

    Thanks for 2011 Tebow!
    Let's go Peyton!!!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rifle, CO
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    Umm, NO.

    I really don't care about Chris Henry's remarkable turn around.

    He didn't turn anything around.

    I'm I the only one who wasn't shocked by his death and the circumstances behind it?

    And you guys want to HONOR this clown?

    Gimme a break.
    The more that comes out, the more I'm starting to agree.

    His death is a tragedy, and and it's sad whenever a life is lost, but the man was no saint or hero.

    I am in no way saying he deserved what happened, he didn't, but his choices and actions directly led to his death.

    Truly a tragedy all around, but I really have no desire to honor him.
    Broncos fan for over 25 years!
    @powder_addict
    2012 Adopted Bronco: PEYTON MANNING

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Champs Chumps View Post
    Sadly, the truth is the guy was a thug. If it comes out that he was doing something "heroic" beating down the window of his fiance's truck as she was driving away from his house, I might change my mind.
    But this wasn't a random shooting or a random car accident, it sounds like it was a form of self-defense from his fiance's side.
    Just cause he could catch a football, doesn't mean the whole league should honor him. Just let the Bengals do so.
    I agree with this 100%.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,138
    YES! Even though he was one of the most troubled players, he still is one of GODS OWN! RIP CP. Would some of you guys who are dogging him be offended if this happened to a BRONCO player who had a troubled past and others were saying the same thing? Show some respect!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    48
    If I kicked the bucket tomorrow I dont think the guys at work would put stickers of me on their hard hats, but its a nice thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And on the eighth day God said, "Go Broncos"
    and the Broncos did go, and the villagers rejoiced.

    Impending 92...
    aka - Mr (circa 2003)
    aka - MrDavis (circa 2002)
    aka - ThankYouMrDavis (circa 2001)
    S'been a long time, Good to be back.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    I don't mean to be an incensitive ****, but.......


    The loss of this life is tragic, and it's a shame that it seemed to happen as he was getting his life straightened out.

    However, the word HONOR in my book stands for things like people who run into burning buildings to rescue others.

    Kids who fight hard to battle an illness that they can't control and inspire others.

    Troops who die for this country, or serve to provide fredom for those of us who don't

    Not people who have checkerd pasts who get thrown out of the back of a moving truck during a domestic dispute.....


    An investigation is underway, additional information may come to light, and change the cloud surrounding this situation, but you get a deffinate "NO" vote on if the Bronco's should "Honor" him right now.

    Again my thoughts and prayers go out to the familly and i am sure it's hard, but there's no honor in this death.
    I have to agree with this... Four police officers were killed up here (near Seattle) a few weeks ago, gunned down in cold blood. The Broncos did not "honor" them.

    I think this is a terrible tragedy... but, thousands of people die every day. Why would we "honor" Chris Henry? because he played pro football?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    YES! Even though he was one of the most troubled players, he still is one of GODS OWN! RIP CP. Would some of you guys who are dogging him be offended if this happened to a BRONCO player who had a troubled past and others were saying the same thing? Show some respect!
    I didn't see the whole league wearing Darrent Williiams' number when he was MURDERED! IMO, It's not our place to "honor" Chris Henry... it has nothing to do with "respect"!

    If we were playing against Cincy... I would almost certainly feel different... but given the circumstances, I don't agree with doing anything overly special. I would rather see the Broncos wear the names of our troops in Afghanistan on their helmets (If we're "honoring" the dead).


  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    As fans I think we do our part by posting good comments on the forums.

    Really hope the Chargers have a moment of silence before the game...that would be very classy imo.
    They will.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Benwood WV
    Posts
    1,907
    B-Marsh will honor him by wearing a #15 on his chest.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona
    Posts
    358
    i voted no because its the teams that usually does it not the entire NFL. it sucks that he died yes i dont know him so i wont shed a tear or nothing but im not going to make the guy seem better then he was because he is now dead. he wasnt really a great guy maybe it was just karma?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanobe View Post
    i voted no because its the teams that usually does it not the entire NFL. it sucks that he died yes i dont know him so i wont shed a tear or nothing but im not going to make the guy seem better then he was because he is now dead. he wasnt really a great guy maybe it was just karma?
    So if you don't know him how can you say that he wasn't a great guy? Because he was in the news and suspended for a few games? Brandon was suspended for a few games so if he died you don't think he should be honored either?

    Wow I am so surprised at how fans of this organization has lost thier class over just a few years. We were known as one of the classiest set of fans around the league and now the majority of the posts I read on here is pathetic. Makes me wonder if people that post on here really truly are fans of the Broncos? I walk around Downtown Denver and thier is alot of compassion towards what happened to Chris Henry, in fact alot of people were wanting him to come here when Shanny was here to help him, and not to mention what kind of asset he wouldv'e been for us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



TRUSTe Certified Privacy Seal