Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Wow, that Rangers win wasnt half poxy lol...

just wondering...how did bougherra last the whole match? on a yellow for over 80 mins and he commits about 9 fouls after it... baffling... and brown gets a red for lafferty faking a headbutt (and not for the first time)

either way, SPL trophy will remain in Ibrox until further notice... Mowbray has destroyed Celtic, I'll be expecting about a decade of Rangers dominance in the SPL now at least lol..

should United beat Villa in this coming match ill be happy though, a bit of silverware after all!
    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyy_47 View Post
    ... in the EPL it has to be Arsenal, their football is amazing. I think though I'm one of the few people who like Manchester United.
    A little late to this thread, but had to say - you're not allowed to like Arsenal and Man U.
    That's almost as bad as saying you like Arsenal and Spurs... or Denver and Oakland.

Scott Brown really did not do himself any favours by jumping about like a looney at every free kick going against Celtic and shouting at the referee constantly. He got in a tussle and lost his cool, and tried to stick the head in Lafferty, here's the picture from the BBC website here. He shouldn't do things like that, and the referee drama all week did not do Celtic any favours.

Rangers deserved the 3 points I think today, they were the far superior team in the second half, it was a relatively poor game, Lafferty, Whittaker and Miller were awful, as was McGeady, Brown and Keane to an extent, wasn't all he cracked up to be. He was playing against a 39 year old who can't run, took him 4 weeks to run back after a corner lol.

I just want to know why they didn't discuss the penalty that Edu should have gotten when Hinkel pushed him away from the ball after the good save from Boruc from Boyd. It's always the same though, no talk of the disallowed goal either.

Bougherra was a lucky lucky boy, but was extremely unlucky to get a yellow in the first 10 minutes, with the first foul of the game, was a harsh decision also, but he set himself about the game. Kevin Thomson was magnificent in the tackling department.

But take a bow Mo Edu, he had a fantastic game when he came on, you can buckle as a foreigner in the Old Firm, or you can be solid like he was, I was happy with the performance overall, I thought we should have won by more.

The Carling Cup final should be interesting, why isn't Rooney starting? I love Berbatov but he's not fit to lick Rooney's boots! Enjoy the game!

Quote Originally Posted by sSync View Post
    A little late to this thread, but had to say - you're not allowed to like Arsenal and Man U.
    That's almost as bad as saying you like Arsenal and Spurs... or Denver and Oakland.

Yes you are! Lol, they don't come from the same area, you can't support both Manchester United and Manchester City, nor can you support Chelsea and Arsenal. The two teams dislike each other because they're competitive, like the Patriots and the Colts, but when Brady and Manning retire it'll just be another game. I really don't think it's the same with Man U and Arsenal will stop being competitive, but in perspective thats about as close to a similarity I can draw. Vieira and Keane added spice to the rivarly.

Quote Originally Posted by milehighireland View Post
    Well basically next year is the end of the SPL participation in the champions league... only the winners in and theyd have to play 2 qualifying rounds, with good teams from Italy, Spain and the 4th place team in the Premiership as possible opponents in the 3rd qualifying round...

SPL is a shambles but the eircom league over here is basically the same, but with even crapper teams and no old firm...

btw, have you been following the knockouts of the champions league? if so, what do you think of them?
    I fancy another Barcelona, Man United final mate, two best players in the world, Rooney and Messi. Can't wait for it

Quote Originally Posted by Andyy_47 View Post

The Carling Cup final should be interesting, why isn't Rooney starting? I love Berbatov but he's not fit to lick Rooney's boots! Enjoy the game!

This final is one damn good game... i suppose rooney wasn't starting cause Sir Alex likes to give some of the second string a run in the carling cup....

Im pretty amazed Vidic is still on the pitch, that penalty he gave away was a straight red any day of the week.... either way, berbatov and owen did a great job for our goal....
    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

... And Rooney scores a header. Imagine that.

Man U beat a very good Aston Villa team today and thoroughly deserved the trophy, I missed most of the game, but saw the highlights and the goals. Man U could have been more than 1 goal winners.

Vidic was lucky, but the pressure of a cup final wil lget to refs like that, it's to be expected.

Just a shame there was a winner in the Old Firm match. A 0-0 draw is always better for the Accident & Emergency units across Scotland, and to keep domestic violence in Old Firm fan households to a minimum.

As for Celtic's pre-match querying of officialdom and their neutrality. What a barefaced cheek. If they feel hard done by in Old Firm matches, now they know what it's like for 10 of the SPL clubs when they play Celtic. Nakamura's dive for a last-minute winner against St Mirren at Love Street, or Will Haining being sent off for nothing against them at Celtic Park when Venegoor of Hesselink blatantly dived, or the cup game against them at our new ground (which we actually won), but the penalty we scored from should have been a straight red card for McManus as he hauled Dargo down in a last - man stops goal challenge, or the game against them at Love Street where Artur Boruc raced from his goal and halved Craig Dargo in two, when even Gordon Strachan said it was a red card....oh aye, Celtic's paranoia is in full swing as usual.

The Scott Brown sending off was simply down to the fact that both Brown and Lafferty are stupid, thick, or, in the case of Lafferty, stupid, thick, and a cheat. (Aberdeen 'head-butt' sending off anyone?). Brown is a serial offender idiot. If he had a brain he'd be dangerous. Handbags at 10 paces, the referee should have got the two of them together, flashed a couple of yellow cards and told them to calm down. Bougherra was lucky to stay on I suppose. Having been booked early he did commit a few fouls after that.

Oh well, on Saturday we visit Ibrox on league duty. Maybe some of the Rangers players will think the league race is over and will switch off mentally. Some hope - Boyd will score at least two. In our annual battle against relegation, I'm more worried about the fact on Sunday, Celtic play bottom club Falkirk. Just the kind of fixture now where Falkirk might pull off an unlikely win. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen - we're so poor we need all the help we can get!
    Last edited by pozbaird; 02-28-2010 at 12:39 PM.
    Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Quote Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
    Just a shame there was a winner in the Old Firm match. A 0-0 draw is always better for the Accident & Emergency units across Scotland, and to keep domestic violence in Old Firm fan households to a minimum.

As for Celtic's pre-match querying of officialdom and their neutrality. What a barefaced cheek. If they feel hard done by in Old Firm matches, now they know what it's like for 10 of the SPL clubs when they play Celtic. Nakamura's dive for a last-minute winner against St Mirren at Love Street, or Will Haining being sent off for nothing against them at Celtic Park when Venegoor of Hesselink blatantly dived, or the cup game against them at our new ground (which we actually won), but the penalty we scored from should have been a straight red card for McManus as he hauled Dargo down in a last - man stops goal challenge, or the game against them at Love Street where Artur Boruc raced from his goal and halved Craig Dargo in two, when even Gordon Strachan said it was a red card....oh aye, Celtic's paranoia is in full swing as usual.

The Scott Brown sending off was simply down to the fact that both Brown and Lafferty are stupid, thick, or, in the case of Lafferty, stupid, thick, and a cheat. (Aberdeen 'head-butt' sending off anyone?). Brown is a serial offender idiot. If he had a brain he'd be dangerous. Handbags at 10 paces, the referee should have got the two of them together, flashed a couple of yellow cards and told them to calm down. Bougherra was lucky to stay on I suppose. Having been booked early he did commit a few fouls after that.

Oh well, on Saturday we visit Ibrox on league duty. Maybe some of the Rangers players will think the league race is over and will switch off mentally. Some hope - Boyd will score at least two. In our annual battle against relegation, I'm more worried about the fact on Sunday, Celtic play bottom club Falkirk. Just the kind of fixture now where Falkirk might pull off an unlikely win. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen - we're so poor we need all the help we can get!
    I think Celtic were trying to copy something David Moyes did last year by criticising the refereeing... Before a Cup semi final last year, Moyes cleverly decided hed criticise referees for "favouring" Man United, even though nothing of the sort had happened all season.... sure enough anyways, it changes the ref's perspective of the game totally and in a game won by everton on penalties he denies United a stonewall penalty in regulation so as not to be "favouring" us. Seems Celtic were trying that tactic and it simply did not work.

Yeah, brown didn't do himself any favours, he should have known that little scumbag lafferty would react like that after that fake headbutt at aberdeen. Either way, 2 yellows should have been the worst there, a similar thing happened in saturdays Man City/Chelsea game with Tevez and Terry losing their cool at one another... Ref just pulled them apart, cautioned them and told them to cool it.

Id say Celtic will at least draw that, if not lose.... theyre absolutely rubbish lol. 2nd Place could well go to Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by milehighireland View Post
    I think Celtic were trying to copy something David Moyes did last year by criticising the refereeing... Before a Cup semi final last year, Moyes cleverly decided hed criticise referees for "favouring" Man United, even though nothing of the sort had happened all season.... sure enough anyways, it changes the ref's perspective of the game totally and in a game won by everton on penalties he denies United a stonewall penalty in regulation so as not to be "favouring" us. Seems Celtic were trying that tactic and it simply did not work.

Yeah, brown didn't do himself any favours, he should have known that little scumbag lafferty would react like that after that fake headbutt at aberdeen. Either way, 2 yellows should have been the worst there, a similar thing happened in saturdays Man City/Chelsea game with Tevez and Terry losing their cool at one another... Ref just pulled them apart, cautioned them and told them to cool it.

Id say Celtic will at least draw that, if not lose.... theyre absolutely rubbish lol. 2nd Place could well go to Hibs.
    Aye but standards need to be upheld regardless of the occasion, with Terry and Tevez they just puffed their chests at each other, Craig Bellamy came firing over like a shot, I hate that little runt.

In Dougie McDonald's referee report for a booking he would have to write "Scott Brown - Celtic number 8, reason: Violent Conduct - Attempted to headbutt Rangers number 27"

There's been worse dismissals for the same reason in the past and I think Lafferty deserved a yellow for his part in it all, but I can't argue with the decision to send off Brown, the fact he grabs Lafferty's shirt and drives his head into his chest (and you can see it was malicious from the look on his face) is enough to warrant a red. He's celtic captain, he NEEDS to keep his cool. Before the game he was saying how he's matured and growing into the captains role. Aye right!

All I can say is thank you, USA, for producing Maurice Edu! He had a great game after coming on. Well done to the lad!

Referees should just send Scott Brown and Kyle Lafferty off in every game anyway. Doesn't matter if they've done anything wrong or not, just send em' off.

3 million pounds Rangers paid Burnley for Kyle Lafferty? Nah, you're pulling my leg!
    Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Quote Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
    Referees should just send Scott Brown and Kyle Lafferty off in every game anyway. Doesn't matter if they've done anything wrong or not, just send em' off.

3 million pounds Rangers paid Burnley for Kyle Lafferty? Nah, you're pulling my leg!
    And we've just been gifted 3 million quid by Celtic for the league title. So basically a free player!

Yeah he's dire down the left, he simply can't play there. I have a strong feeling he was brought in to replace Cousin for Europe, a tall centre forward to chase the long ball and hold up play...unfortunately we've not had the chance to play anyone and play 4-5-1 yet because he's been either injured or its a team we supposedly can beat...

Michael Owen has been ruled out for the rest of the season.... Gutted.... Was dying to see him coming on as a late substitute to score a 93rd minute winner against liverpool in old trafford in a couple of weeks time.....

This really is Arsenal's league to lose now, they've got a much easier run in than Chelsea and Manchester United. They can't afford to slip up again. They need to win to keep Fabregas.

Scotland win! First time since 1996 at home. Superb!!