Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    my new sig.jpg
    Team Tebow #53
    2011 Adopted Posters: Frenchy180 and BroncoFanNC

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    Bumping this thread because I'm an obsessive reader and I just finished a book...and yes I included the pictures with a kindle because I have one now!

Just finished this one:

Im working on the final book of the Millenium triology. Those are some crazy addictive books.

FYI, to anyone that hasnt given the books a chance because of the corny titles, they are pretty enthralling thrillers.

I adopt andrewmlb.

I'm Reading the OchoCinco book... .LULZ!!

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I'm Reading the OchoCinco book... .LULZ!!
    Im more of a TO book kinda guy myself....

I adopt andrewmlb.

Quote Originally Posted by McSmashie View Post
    Im more of a TO book kinda guy myself....

HHAHA crazy

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    HHAHA crazy
    Before I read it, I would never have shared my book with you.

But now I would.

TO taught me so much about life.

I adopt andrewmlb.

Any reccommended books for teenagers anybody? I'm not a huge book guy but it's fun to read a good one every now and then.

Eragon, HP Series, that Vampire book series(NOT TWILIGHT) Cirque du Freak i think it was called, and Demonata were all good ones but I can't find anything I really find interesting to read as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Any reccommended books for teenagers anybody? I'm not a huge book guy but it's fun to read a good one every now and then.

Eragon, HP Series, that Vampire book series(NOT TWILIGHT) Cirque du Freak i think it was called, and Demonata were all good ones but I can't find anything I really find interesting to read as of late.
    Try out the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. Both written by the same author and it's a fun read if you're into zombies and stuff.

I'll read a book every now and then. I wouldn't say I'm a avid reader though. I did enjoy this book. I would characterize it as a summer block buster in book form. It's a load, but once it gets going it goes fast.

Too bad the next two books are a few years out still.

Adopted Bronco 12/13 : Ryan Clady

The Oracle: Ancient Delphi and the Science Behind Its Lost Secrets by William J. Broad
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I just got done with this:

This was a fast. fast read. I thought it was pretty good, although I'm not sure why it won a Pulitzer. McCarthy destroys the rules of grammar and punctuation when he writes, and that's a little off-putting for me. But overall, not a bad little book.

I'm currently reading this:

I was put on Goodkind by a bookstore employee who learned I was jonesing for the next book in George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series (fifth book now set for release next year? BOLLOCKS!). Maybe Martin spoiled me, but Goodkind is not anywhere near the writer I was hoping he'd be, based on his popularity. I'm only about 200 pages into the book, but it's really predictable and kind of silly. He's in love with his back story, and a lot of the first part of the book fails to balance the characters telling you the story and actually doing stuff to move along the plot. Consider this a "not recommended." I'll still finish it, though. I'm bored.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    I just got done with this:

This was a fast. fast read. I thought it was pretty good, although I'm not sure why it won a Pulitzer. McCarthy destroys the rules of grammar and punctuation when he writes, and that's a little off-putting for me. But overall, not a bad little book.

I'm currently reading this:

I was put on Goodkind by a bookstore employee who learned I was jonesing for the next book in George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series (fifth book now set for release next year? BOLLOCKS!). Maybe Martin spoiled me, but Goodkind is not anywhere near the writer I was hoping he'd be, based on his popularity. I'm only about 200 pages into the book, but it's really predictable and kind of silly. He's in love with his back story, and a lot of the first part of the book fails to balance the characters telling you the story and actually doing stuff to move along the plot. Consider this a "not recommended." I'll still finish it, though. I'm bored.
    I read the Goodkind series, but I really wish I hadnt (I am completely inable to not finish a series once I get started). The thought the first one was enjoyable enough, but they just got sillier and went downhill from there.

I adopt andrewmlb.

I read the Goodkind series, but I really wish I hadnt (I am completely inable to not finish a series once I get started). The thought the first one was enjoyable enough, but they just got sillier and went downhill from there.
    Is it me, or do the characters smile entirely too much at one another? And it seems like Goodkind is obsessed with hair. His style is just... blah. It's the literary equivalent of stale chocolate.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    Is it me, or do the characters smile entirely too much at one another? And it seems like Goodkind is obsessed with hair. His style is just... blah. It's the literary equivalent of stale chocolate.
    Well the hair thing is better than Robert Jordan and his obsession with womens dresses.

God, I hate sci-fi/fantasy writers sometimes. Goodkind and Jordan made me quit reading those style books.

I should really reread Martin to get that "stale chocolate" taste out of my mouth.

I adopt andrewmlb.

Well the hair thing is better than Robert Jordan and his obsession with womens dresses.

God, I hate sci-fi/fantasy writers sometimes. Goodkind and Jordan made me quit reading those style books.

I should really reread Martin to get that "stale chocolate" taste out of my mouth.
    I just got done rereading them myself. I'm still pissed that the fifth book keeps getting bumped back, but at least he's been releasing individual chapters on the web.
    HEAR ME ROAR!