Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    What does it say?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Just finished the facefaker game and it was a decent read. Be interesting to see how the author advances in future books as this was his first book.

Now onto six of crows.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

I'm midway through book 2 of the Broken Empire Trilogy by Mark Lawrence. Pretty darn good series so far, it seemed like your typical medieval fantasy novel at first, the more I'm getting into it, the more I'm realizing it is very much not (Can't really say anything more because anything more would be huge spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm midway through book 2 of the Broken Empire Trilogy by Mark Lawrence. Pretty darn good series so far, it seemed like your typical medieval fantasy novel at first, the more I'm getting into it, the more I'm realizing it is very much not (Can't really say anything more because anything more would be huge spoilers)
    Yeah that is on my to read list but first I have a few books to read through. Almost done with six of crows a fantasy heist book and I have the second of the 2 book series next.

Edit* and now I'm done with six of crows. Decent book and a cliff hanger for the next book which I will start. ... right about now lol.
    Last edited by #87Birdman; 03-14-2017 at 02:15 AM.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah that is on my to read list but first I have a few books to read through. Almost done with six of crows a fantasy heist book and I have the second of the 2 book series next.

Edit* and now I'm done with six of crows. Decent book and a cliff hanger for the next book which I will start. ... right about now lol.
    I'd really suggest reading the Broken Empire books. Be forewarned, it starts out slow and somewhat confusing. It gets better by the end of the first book and starts to hint at the twist that makes the series pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'd really suggest reading the Broken Empire books. Be forewarned, it starts out slow and somewhat confusing. It gets better by the end of the first book and starts to hint at the twist that makes the series pretty cool.
    Yeah I had it to my to read list because I think it was recommended on reddit and than I saw the user who just happened to be mark which I thought was cool. Hit a couple of series lined up. Doing six of crows because it was reddit book of the month and figured it sounded interesting enough.

But I have the first book of gentleman bastard series by Scott lynch. I have the first book the Farseer trilogy by Robin hobb. As I got them both cheap when using up my gift cards. Figure get the first book and if I like them I can continue them. I know Robin hobb had multiple trilogies I think 5 or 6.

Than fir books not bought marks broken empire is up there and so is Brian McClellan powder mage trilogy as he comes from the sanderson school of thought. I want to say he even took sanderson class. But his first trilogy done also. And than Brent weeks when he finishes his last book of his series.

So yeah got plenty of books to read and I still will probably reread stormlight in preparation for the third one in November.

Just finished crooked kingdom and I felt the second book was better than the first one and wrapped up the story nicely.

Now onto Robin hobb assassin's apprentice.

I'm reading Mark Lawrence's second Trillogy set in the Broken Empire universe right now. It's not as good as the first so far, but it's still not bad.

Finally getting around to starting Mistborn

2013 Adopted Bronco: Wesley Woodyard
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Finally getting around to starting Mistborn

Such a great series, when you finish there, give the second trilogy a read (The Wax and Wayne trilogy)

I've finally started reading Red Rising by Pierce Brown.

A Conflict Of Visions by Thomas Sowell

I'm reading

This is my fourth book on Rasputin, himself.

"The Best Short Works of Mark Twain" for the hundredth time.....

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

Just finished the Farseer trilogy. Pretty good books and very character driven. Biggest downside was probably the fact they were a slow burn, and the fact I'm petty sure the author hates her main character lol.

Next up

Sufficiently advanced magic by Andrew rowe.