Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Awesome show can't wait til next week.

At least I have something to look forward to on Sundays.

I'm gonna have some spoilers so I'm changing my text to white, highlight if you care to read.

I was thuroghly impressed, I went into watching it expecting a lot of cheap scares by quiet tense moments and creepy music only to have the zombie lurch when you least expect.

There wasn't a lot of that, in fact this is one of the most human zombie tales I've ever seen. It was almost heart breaking watching the dude who played robert hawkings on jericho try to snipe his wife and the kid's horror at realizing earlier in the show that his zombie mom was outside waiting to snack on his liver was equally saddening but I think the moment of the show that really did it for me was watching rick walk up to the legless zombie who almost looked like it was pleading for help (or maybe just a snack) and saying "I'm sorry this happened to you" before going for the mercy kill.

It's for sure a different take on doing zombie flicks and I for one really really enjoyed it. I can't wait for the next episode, while we wait. Anyone want a horse sandwich?

I haven't read the funny books, though I do read them (make the Wednesday trek and everything). But I'm normally not a big Zombie guy. There's a new Vertigo zombie title out called I Zombie but I passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    I haven't read the funny books, though I do read them (make the Wednesday trek and everything). But I'm normally not a big Zombie guy. There's a new Vertigo zombie title out called I Zombie but I passed.
    My favorite out of all the zombieish comics was the DC Darkest Night series but yea I don't normally go for zombie comics but I do loves me some zombie movies!

It was a really good show.

Impressive for a TV show you can tell they put a lot of effort into making a good TV show.

I'm a huge zombie fan as well so obviously I like this.

What sold me on it was the fact that it's old school zombies and none of this crappy running zombies.

Looks promising can't wait to see the rest of it.

Also why did they have to kill the horse? haha

Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    It was a really good show.

Impressive for a TV show you can tell they put a lot of effort into making a good TV show.

I'm a huge zombie fan as well so obviously I like this.

What sold me on it was the fact that it's old school zombies and none of this crappy running zombies.

Looks promising can't wait to see the rest of it.

Also why did they have to kill the horse? haha
    Cuz when they put out the casting call for zombies they said it would be pot luck and all they had that wasn't in use was the horse.

I do agree though, while the slow lumbering zombies instill less fear in small numbers it makes for good action when you get a huge pack of them.

I really like how the zombies seem to somehow remember things about themselves, going back to places they've been before (like what's his faces wife and the house she died in and the cop and the police station or the little girl grabbing her doll as if somewhere deep down inside she still remembered it.)

Freyaka, I agree about the legless zombie.

That was a great scene at the end. For a moment, when that man was going to shoot his wife I thought that pershaps she had snuck into the house and as he was looking for her she would make an appearance.

I hope to see what happened to them in the next episode. He gave them that walky-talky and told him he would be on there every day at dawn (or was it dusk). So, hopefully he is a recurring character.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Cuz when they put out the casting call for zombies they said it would be pot luck and all they had that wasn't in use was the horse.

I do agree though, while the slow lumbering zombies instill less fear in small numbers it makes for good action when you get a huge pack of them.

I really like how the zombies seem to somehow remember things about themselves, going back to places they've been before (like what's his faces wife and the house she died in and the cop and the police station or the little girl grabbing her doll as if somewhere deep down inside she still remembered it.)
    You can thank Mr. Romero for the Zombies having memory of there prior life.

I think Zombies should be seen as more of a distraction when it comes to a good zombie movie , story , video game or whatever.

They are there in huge numbers and they have nothing to loose.

The people behind this site believe that a zombie outbreak is possible lol

http://www.zombieresearch.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Freyaka, I agree about the legless zombie.

That was a great scene at the end. For a moment, when that man was going to shoot his wife I thought that pershaps she had snuck into the house and as he was looking for her she would make an appearance.

I hope to see what happened to them in the next episode. He gave them that walky-talky and told him he would be on there every day at dawn (or was it dusk). So, hopefully he is a recurring character.
    Well if you ever watched Jericho (which was an outstanding show in it's first season and just alright in it's second and final season) That guy played a dude name robert hawkings and he was probably one of the best parts of the show. I think he's a great actor and I like what I saw so far out of his character so hopefully they stick around for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    You can thank Mr. Romero for the Zombies having memory of there prior life.

I think Zombies should be seen as more of a distraction when it comes to a good zombie movie , story , video game or whatever.

They are there in huge numbers and they have nothing to loose.

The people behind this site believe that a zombie outbreak is possible lol

http://www.zombieresearch.org/home.html
    You can pretty much thank Romero period for anything zombie related I can think of maybe 3-4 non-Romero zombie flicks worth watching (2 of which were comedies)

On a seperate note how do you think the main characters going to react when he figures out his former partner is smoochin it up with his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    On a seperate note how do you think the main characters going to react when he figures out his former partner is smoochin it up with his wife?
    What a skank! Seriously.

It wasnt like she thought he was gone THAT long.

How long was he in the hospital for? And she is out ho-ing it up like a few weeks after she thought the dude was dead.

I adopt andrewmlb.

About to pop this on because of this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by CHARGER$ View Post
    Check it out. It is pretty well written, has some good suspense and its......I dunno.....hokey like you would imagine it would be.

I adopt andrewmlb.

You really should, it's some good stuff!

just finished...good stuff. already can't wait for next week.

just finished...good stuff. already can't wait for next week.
    Yea I was really suprised, I didn't expect much of a story but it for sure shows a lot of promise.