View Poll Results: Who will win and by how much?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Den By 14+

4 4.49%
  • Den By 8-13

14 15.73%
  • Den By 4-7

7 7.87%
  • Den By 1-3

17 19.10%
  • Balt By 1-3

6 6.74%
  • Balt by 4-7

16 17.98%
  • Balt by 8-13

17 19.10%
  • Balt by 14+

8 8.99%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who Will Win The DEN @ BALT Game?

Last week we faced CJ(Not So)2K and the Titans and totally shut him down for less than 60 yards. Orton led us to a game winning td after a pass interference call on gaffney at the 2 yard line. Buckhalter made the game winning td, then on the ensuing kickoff... our ST caused a fumble that all but ended the game.

Now this week is an even tougher foe at an even tougher location...

The Baltimore Ravens (3-1) are coming off a huge divisional win against rival Steelers (3-1) who were without Ruthless-burger for the 4th and final week.

I haven't watched much of the ravens this year but from the stats and analyses of the games, they don't seem to be performing to potential on either side of the ball.

They do boast the top ranked pass defense, but we also possess the top ranked passing offense.

This should be a very nice matchup against a team we've struggled against on the road (0-4).

What say you, Broncos Country?

Last Weeks Winners (congrats):
    Apoc13, Bowie Man, Broncbeat, Bronco#6, bronco4life13, Bronco916, BroncoFanBoy, BroncoFanFromSD, broncokidwyoming, BroncoRider89, Canmore, D-BRONCOS 1, darklord, dsmith275, duffman1260, False Start, Houdini, InMcDWeTrust, JHoward, Kavu, LSIGRAD09, Mat'hir Uth Gan, mberking89, megirb444, MileHigh4TW, Mount-n-Groan, PokePie, PowderAddict, psychobilly, RedRaptor, RioAbajo Bronco, ruftdraft, Safety, seven7777777, The Dark Knight, Tripp, UrbanBounca, utebroncofan

I'm thinking Baltimore 1-3

They'll be flat after an emotional win, however we won't be at 100% either.

Add to that, without Moreno, Moron-ey won't get much on the ground behind this abysmal line and Orton will be forced into tight spots.

I still think we can win, but the long trip East tied in with the ineptitude of the rushing attack and Baltimore's great D leads up to the defeat.

St. Louis Rams GM

The unstoppable force versus the immovable object.

But they'll edge us out in the end, I think.

Ravens 13
    Broncos 10

Click my sig to watch the "Atwater Hit!!"

Click here to read LordTrychon's and my story! Or feel free to PM me with questions!
    Voted 2014 BCMB award for "Who you'd want to get a drink(hard or soft) with?- jetrazor"
    Stop by when you're in the neighborhood!!
    Sick avy by Blondie79

If the game was in Denver I'd say the Broncos had a good chance of upsetting the Ravens. Back to back road games traveling to the east coast isn't easy. The Ravens had a road game in Cincy after a road Monday night away game and were horrible. Baltimore is not an easy place to play and very few western division opponents have won here. Ravens 31 Broncos 12

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmanniac View Post
    If the game was in Denver I'd say the Broncos had a good chance of upsetting the Ravens. Back to back road games traveling to the east coast isn't easy. The Ravens had a road game in Cincy after a road Monday night away game and were horrible. Baltimore is not an easy place to play and very few western division opponents have won here. Ravens 31 Broncos 12
    What do you mean, we don't play Baltimore in Denver! It sure seems that way as nearly every year it seems we have to travel to Baltimore.

I say 27-17 Denver, that's right! Orton has a nice day throwing for around 300 yds and 2 td's, and we have a Defense or ST TD in there somewhere. Champ will lock down Boldin, the front 7 will show that shutting down CJ was no fluke, and Flacco will make a couple of untimely turnovers!

27-17, mark it down!!!

I think we will win this one. We are coming off of a confidence building hard fought win with a dirty team. I think the guys will be well prepared to play this game and I think we win in a hard fought game but we have another awesome offensive day. Orton will have another all pro day!

Denver wins 28-20

Been in love with the Broncos since 1960!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=366922&dateline=12622  85889
    I was 9 years old .... I hear the thunder again!

Tebow Army number 69
    Adoptees: thatkidhunt, Peanut, CanDB, Gatorgirl (so far)

Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin

denver 8-13, and i've already posted elsewhere, the perfect reason why

I dont even think that this is going to be a close game. they are a far more physical team, they are going to beat us up on both sides of the ball. i think that Ray rice will be held in check, but i think that Baltimore is really going to benefit from some short fields. When we are on O. I see us avging a whooping 2 ypc and I see Kyle come cashing down. i don't think his stats are going to be anywhere near where they have been both cause of the pressure that they are going to put on him, and just the basic fact that they are a better team than we are on all 3 lvls. I see teams now having lots of game film on us and making adjustment and our O really slowing down. ow it is on to Mcd to throw a wrinkle in....Something that he hasn't done well up to this point in his coaching career>>>

Baltimore 34...... Denver 17
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Sadly Baltimore....

I dont like the fact that our running game is horrid and probably wont be able to take advantage of baltimore's run defense. It is ranked 21, somewhere they are not used to being. I think they will try to make a statement that they have a good run defense because we in most cases wont be able to exploit it!

I dont like the match up Heap vs any of our backers in coverage.

I dont like the fact that our O-line let Orton get hit as much last week. If we have not solved the problems that the Titans may have exposed, the Ravens will be licking their chops to do the same things even tho they play a different type of pass rush style. They bull rush basically,Titans more movement, but still!

I have this fear that Orton won't finish the game! If he returns to holding the ball to long, and or trying to be to safe, it could be a long day.

I do think we will show up and fight tho! We will get a pick or two!

Bal - 17
    Den - 13
    Last edited by ParkHill-71; 10-09-2010 at 09:06 AM.
    http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp179/Sean669m2/m_ae5661171089a968d5e7d319920237-1.png

i laughed when i saw that the broncos by 8-13 was winning the poll...so many homers here...i'm not saying that can;t happen...but obviously the ravens are the more talented team and playing at home...i think the only way we win by more than a td is with at least a +2 in the turnover category and the running game is somewhat efficient, otherwise, i see this as a 28-17 type game for the ravens

Kansas city wins, since they are still division Leaders

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc13 View Post
    i laughed when i saw that the broncos by 8-13 was winning the poll...so many homers here...i'm not saying that can;t happen...but obviously the ravens are the more talented team and playing at home...i think the only way we win by more than a td is with at least a +2 in the turnover category and the running game is somewhat efficient, otherwise, i see this as a 28-17 type game for the ravens
    Ravens are not obviously the most talented team. Maybe if you look last years stats, but this year they aren't anything spectacular. I think they are pretty crappy on Offense. and their D is over-rated.

They are the number one passing defense facing, the Jets(When Sanchez was still being crazy conservative), the Bengals(what happened to Carson Palmer?), Cleveland(HAHA), and the Steelers(Not Big Ben).

I don't know if Denver will win(I voted they will), Denver has a hard time with the Ravens it seems, but by no means is Denver as inferior as many of you are making it to be against the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Artamentous View Post
    Ravens are not obviously the most talented team. Maybe if you look last years stats, but this year they aren't anything spectacular. I think they are pretty crappy on Offense. and their D is over-rated.

They are the number one passing defense facing, the Jets(When Sanchez was still being crazy conservative), the Bengals(what happened to Carson Palmer?), Cleveland(HAHA), and the Steelers(Not Big Ben).

I don't know if Denver will win(I voted they will), Denver has a hard time with the Ravens it seems, but by no means is Denver as inferior as many of you are making it to be against the Ravens.
    i didn't say 'most talented'....i said 'more'...regardless of stats after 4 games, you don't need to study football 24/7 to know the ravens are the more talented team...last season the broncos were 6-0, yet they were far from the best team in the league.

I think it'll come down to less tangible things than "who's better at what position":

Last year, the Ravens had lost three straight, were coming off their bye week, and were hungry. We had won six straight, were coming off our bye week, and were flat.

This time, Reed is out and Rice is banged up. Tom Zbikowski and Jason Phillips are reportedly sick.

Was our 2nd half defensive performance last week a fluke, or are they coming together?

Will our O-line and RBs respond to the gut-check they've had to go through this week?

Will our team be fired up after last year's debacle and will the Ravens be a bit complacent: 3-1, 1st in the division, big win over Pitt last week, got a team at home they blew out last year.

And, as always, can we protect Orton?

I think this game will tell us more about our team than any of the others so far. And I think we have a shot.
    Respect...it's earned, not given.

Denver