Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1705
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    This is exactly why I describe Coach Kru-zoo-ski as now being overrated, he creates a team overly dependent on the three point shot to win. When they're falling the team looks great, when they're not, they struggle badly. Third time in six years they've failed to advance past the opening weekend. But I guess 2017 South Carolina is at least better than 2012 Lehigh and 2014 Mercer.
    Dude this year has been one of the most challenging year for any coach. They dealt with numerous of injuries, dealing with the Grayson situation and Coach K being out for a month. What killed this team was not having a true PG. We know you you hate Coach K and Duke but to call him overrated is silly. This team has bean through a lot and a lot of people thought they wouldn't even make the tourney in mid January.

Before coach K had Surgery they were 12-2 then once he left they went 3-4 and he came back and won like 6 straight.

Hero ball has ruined this tourney for me...Every one is trying to be steph curry going for stupid contested 3's intead of driving the paint and getting the easy 2 or and 1 play...

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

What' did I just watch!! Gators and Badgers game of the tourney and season.

Choke job by the gators with a game saving shot by Wisconsin.

Then in OT a game saving block followed by a game tying layup only to have a 58% free throw shooter sink both with 4 seconds left.

And the dagger buzzer beater by Florida.

Wow! Just Wow!

I have one team left in my bracket. This is definitely the worst I've done filling out a bracket

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    What' did I just watch!! Gators and Badgers game of the tourney and season.

Choke job by the gators with a game saving shot by Wisconsin.

Then in OT a game saving block followed by a game tying layup only to have a 58% free throw shooter sink both with 4 seconds left.

And the dagger buzzer beater by Florida.

Wow! Just Wow!
    I fell asleep as Wisconsin was making that comeback. I thought that UK vs UCLA game was pretty good. I'm not a UK fan, but I was pulling for them to shut that LaVar Ball up!

UNC is now my last hope of getting a single final four team

Haha i am 2 of 4 regardless of the unc-uk game

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    UNC is now my last hope of getting a single final four team
    Lol same here

Fake news just told me Oregon beat Kansas. lol. Nice try.

Carolina just won't go away.

And I'm not even talking about North

As much as it pains me I think UNC will win the title

I got 3 out of 4 for my final four picks. And since I'm a UNC fan I obviously have them winning. That was an incredible game this afternoon. Much like the National Championship game last year, had Carolina lost, it would have been hard to be upset because the other team would have just made the last play in a game that both teams deserved to win.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Dude this year has been one of the most challenging year for any coach. They dealt with numerous of injuries, dealing with the Grayson situation and Coach K being out for a month. What killed this team was not having a true PG. We know you you hate Coach K and Duke but to call him overrated is silly. This team has bean through a lot and a lot of people thought they wouldn't even make the tourney in mid January.

Before coach K had Surgery they were 12-2 then once he left they went 3-4 and he came back and won like 6 straight.
    He's overrated NOW, he's been a great coach in his career, no doubt about it, his record obviously speaks for itself. But Duke has become a lot like Kentucky in that they now rely a lot on one and done players (which is odd for a school that's as academic as Duke is) and they rely heavily on the 3 point shot, their interior game is never anything more than above average. But because they rely so heavily on the 3 point shot, it leaves them in trouble when those shots aren't falling.

Duke has made the Final Four 4 times since 2001 (2001, 2004, 2010, 2015) and credit to them and Coach K they've won 3 of those. But for a team and Coach that's praised as much as they and he are, you'd think it would be higher. And since Coach K is often called the best coach, and Duke are called perennial championship threats every year, I would say that 3 opening weekend exits v 1 Final Four appearance in the last 6 years does make them and him overrated in the here and now.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

He's overrated NOW, he's been a great coach in his career, no doubt about it, his record obviously speaks for itself. But Duke has become a lot like Kentucky in that they now rely a lot on one and done players (which is odd for a school that's as academic as Duke is) and they rely heavily on the 3 point shot, their interior game is never anything more than above average. But because they rely so heavily on the 3 point shot, it leaves them in trouble when those shots aren't falling.

Duke has made the Final Four 4 times since 2001 (2001, 2004, 2010, 2015) and credit to them and Coach K they've won 3 of those. But for a team and Coach that's praised as much as they and he are, you'd think it would be higher. And since Coach K is often called the best coach, and Duke are called perennial championship threats every year, I would say that 3 opening weekend exits v 1 Final Four appearance in the last 6 years does make them and him overrated in the here and now.
    On the one and done thing. Coach K kind of had to start recruiting those guys to stay competitive with Calipari. It has to be hard for him to coach those guys, because there isn't a lot of time to build chemistry or develop those players. Another good example of that would be when Calipari/Kentucky didn't even make the tournament that one year. Idk if K is overrated. You could be right, but he's still a pretty damn good coach IMO.

That's your opinion which I respect but now since I know your a UNC fan then that makes sense you think that. Still saying overrated is silly. His resume says otherwise. 5 titles (only John wooden has more) 12 Final 4's, 12 ACC reg season titles, 15 ACC tourney titles, over 1000 wins and 3 gold medals. He just won the title 2 years ago.

When he retires he will go down as one of the greatest coaches ever.