1. Big East
    2. Big Ten
    3. Big XII
    4. ACC
    5. SEC
    6. Mountain West
    7. Pac 10
    8. Atlantic 10
    They probably are behind the SEC, but as far as the other two, I definitely disagree. They aren't just top-heavy. Aside from Temple (a big contender this year), Xavier (always a contender), Dayton and Richmond (both also made the tourney last year), UMass (5-0), La Salle (4-2 with losses in tight games with Baylor and Missouri, both ranked) and Rhode Island (4-2, with one of those losses being a close game against Pitt) are all also pretty impressive this year.

Compared to the MWC (with SDST, BYU and UNLV being the only real tourney contenders, and a few other good teams in Utah, Air Force and NM), and the Pac 10 with a handful of good teams...I think the A10 has a slight edge.
    Administrator

Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!

Just found this thread. I love college basketball, can not wait to discuss it with you guys. I hold season tickets at two school and watched over 100 games every year. Enjoy the tournaments and the rest of the great nonconference matchups!

my new sig.jpg
    Team Tebow #53
    2011 Adopted Posters: Frenchy180 and BroncoFanNC

run you over, dayton did not make the tournament. struggled down the stretch with some injuries and ended up defeating UNC in MSG for the NIT title
    my new sig.jpg
    Team Tebow #53

How can you even consider the atlantic 14 ahead of the pac ten? do you know how BAD the bottom of that conference is? Sure Temple will be stacked, Richmond has Kevin Anderson, Rhode Island, Dayton MAYBE St. Louis with the great second half they had and Xaiver if they were healthy would vie for bids, but guys.... The bottom is garbage.

Big Ten is STACKED! Big East has very few quality teams capable of sweet 16 runs. Have you watched any ball yet? Minnesota just won a pre season tournament! Ohio St looks as tough and anyone, and although MSU suffered a setback in Maui, they always start off slow and they beat a very quality Washington team with about as good of guard play as they will face this season.

1. big 11
    2. big 12
    3. big east
    4. sec east
    5. acc
    6. MWC
    7. sec west
    8. pac 10
    9. atlantic 14
    10. WCC/WAC/MVC
    my new sig.jpg
    Team Tebow #53

Quote Originally Posted by IA_Broncosfan53 View Post
    How can you even consider the atlantic 14 ahead of the pac ten? do you know how BAD the bottom of that conference is? Sure Temple will be stacked, Richmond has Kevin Anderson, Rhode Island, Dayton MAYBE St. Louis with the great second half they had and Xaiver if they were healthy would vie for bids, but guys.... The bottom is garbage.

Big Ten is STACKED! Big East has very few quality teams capable of sweet 16 runs. Have you watched any ball yet? Minnesota just won a pre season tournament! Ohio St looks as tough and anyone, and although MSU suffered a setback in Maui, they always start off slow and they beat a very quality Washington team with about as good of guard play as they will face this season.

1. big 11
    2. big 12
    3. big east
    4. sec east
    5. acc
    6. MWC
    7. sec west
    8. pac 10
    9. atlantic 14
    10. WCC/WAC/MVC
    Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by IA_Broncosfan53 View Post

1. big 11
    2. big 12
    3. big east
    4. sec east
    5. acc
    6. MWC
    7. sec west
    8. pac 10
    9. atlantic 14
    10. WCC/WAC/MVC
    Call the conferences by their actual names, it makes more sense

Either way, I can tell you the bottom of that conference is not much worse than the bottom of the Pac 10, and certainly much better than the MWC.

Pac-10's bottom is probably a little better, but aside from Fordham (who are miserable), there's no team that isn't at least a little competitive. Charlotte is off to a slow start, but St Joe's has looked alright, La Salle and Rhode Island have both been very impressive against tough competition so far, GW has been decent, UMass is 5-0 with a young, up-and-coming team, Dayton is looking great, Temple is strong, Xavier's had the best recruiting classes outside the BCS conferences and is looking like a tourney threat again...

Wyoming and TCU are both pretty bad...TCU's looked awful against the A10 head-to-head this year.

I guess wait and see...I think you'll be surprised.
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    Call the conferences by their actual names, it makes more sense

Either way, I can tell you the bottom of that conference is not much worse than the bottom of the Pac 10, and certainly much better than the MWC.

Pac-10's bottom is probably a little better, but aside from Fordham (who are miserable), there's no team that isn't at least a little competitive. Charlotte is off to a slow start, but St Joe's has looked alright, La Salle and Rhode Island have both been very impressive against tough competition so far, GW has been decent, UMass is 5-0 with a young, up-and-coming team, Dayton is looking great, Temple is strong, Xavier's had the best recruiting classes outside the BCS conferences and is looking like a tourney threat again...

Wyoming and TCU are both pretty bad...TCU's looked awful against the A10 head-to-head this year.

I guess wait and see...I think you'll be surprised.
    MWC might be a little top heavy, but they have 4 teams that will be in the top 25 for pretty much the whole season. The A10 has 1 in Temple, maybe another if Xavier can play better but they have no chance at having 4 teams in the top 25 at any point, let alone the majority of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by InMcDWeTrust View Post
    MWC might be a little top heavy, but they have 4 teams that will be in the top 25 for pretty much the whole season. The A10 has 1 in Temple, maybe another if Xavier can play better but they have no chance at having 4 teams in the top 25 at any point, let alone the majority of the season.
    I can see San Diego State in the top 25 for the whole season, and UNLV has looked great, but other than that there top is pretty similar to the A10s. BYU has dominated terrible teams so far, and played close against the one somewhat decent team they've played. Air Force also hasn't played anyone decent, and even lost to Colorado College.

Temple actually had a setback against a good Cal team yesterday, but I'd say Temple and San Diego State are about even, UNLV is probably a little ahead of Xavier, BYU and Dayton are about equal. Then it favors the A10 from there on out...Richmond is better than Air Force, UMass, Rhode Island, La Salle are better than Cstate, Utah, New Mexico and TCU...

I don't know, it's close...but I think the A10 has a greater chance of having 4 teams in the top 25 at one point than the MWC (neither conference will have four though).
    Administrator

Not sure why you're putting Air Force above New Mexico? Maybe you're not but that's what I get from your posts. New Mexico was one of if not the best team in the conference last year and they will be good again this year. I agree that it is close though. I will also admit that I am probably being a slight homer due to me attending UNLV .

BTW, UNLV is in the Championship Game of the 76 Classic Tourney tomorrow night vs Virginia Tech. GO REBELS!!!!!!

We have looked great so far, we have beaten 2 good teams in Wisconsin and Murray State, and the other 3 teams we played we absolutely stomped the tar out of em'. Our depth in the backcourt is UNREAL. We need it too because of our 40 minute press defense, but it really is crazy how deep we are at the guards. It is so deep that our 1st team All MWC SG Tre'von Willis isn't even starting right now. We have Oscar Belfield (teams best passer) starting at point, with Anthony Marshall (a friend of mine, we went to highschool together) at the 2. Then we have Trevon Willis, Derrick Jasper, Anthony Hawkins, all playing significant time off the bench. And our new international student Karam Mashour is trying to find minutes. He will be a star in the future but is having a hard time getting minutes right now. It is good to know that we will almost ALWAYS have fresher legs than the opponents, hopefully we can take advantage of it. Oh yeah and once again....
    GO REBELS!!!!

Not sure why you're putting Air Force above New Mexico? Maybe you're not but that's what I get from your posts. New Mexico was one of if not the best team in the conference last year and they will be good again this year. I agree that it is close though. I will also admit that I am probably being a slight homer due to me attending UNLV .

BTW, UNLV is in the Championship Game of the 76 Classic Tourney tomorrow night vs Virginia Tech. GO REBELS!!!!!!

We have looked great so far, we have beaten 2 good teams in Wisconsin and Murray State, and the other 3 teams we played we absolutely stomped the tar out of em'. Our depth in the backcourt is UNREAL. We need it too because of our 40 minute press defense, but it really is crazy how deep we are at the guards. It is so deep that our 1st team All MWC SG Tre'von Willis isn't even starting right now. We have Oscar Belfield (teams best passer) starting at point, with Anthony Marshall (a friend of mine, we went to highschool together) at the 2. Then we have Trevon Willis, Derrick Jasper, Anthony Hawkins, all playing significant time off the bench. And our new international student Karam Mashour is trying to find minutes. He will be a star in the future but is having a hard time getting minutes right now. It is good to know that we will almost ALWAYS have fresher legs than the opponents, hopefully we can take advantage of it. Oh yeah and once again....
    GO REBELS!!!!
    Yeah, UNLV has looked VERY good so far. I sensed there might have been some bias, and there's probably some on my end too...they're pretty close either way.

Dayton got embarrassed tonight, but then Richmond knocked off #8 Purdue. Like I said...Dayton, Temple, Xavier, Richmond, Rhode Island, UMass...even St Joes knocked off Rutgers...the A10's pretty deep
    Administrator

UNLV dominated the Hokies throughout for the 76 Classic Tournament Championship!!! That's right!! ACC ain't got nothin on us!!! j/k haha! We looked awesome tonight though, GO REBELS!!!

UNLV dominated the Hokies throughout for the 76 Classic Tournament Championship!!! That's right!! ACC ain't got nothin on us!!! j/k haha! We looked awesome tonight though, GO REBELS!!!
    Congrats on the win
    Administrator

What a great college basketball game. Lovin' it.

Kyrie Irving is an absolute terror. Love this kid!

GO DUKE!!!!
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Yea, Duke is lookin good so far. You're the #1 team in the country without a doubt. It should be fun to see what happens in conference play though.

P.S. UNLV won again tonight. Nothing special but we manhandled a solid Illinois State team by 31 on the road so I'll take it.

7-0 baby!!