Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to remove some stains from an NFL jersey?

I just got a white authentic Tebow jersey and my lunch dripped on it, its nothing too dark but I don't wanna ruin the jersey. Any idea what I should use? Would pics help, I can post pics if anyone here needs reference...

I kind of want to spot clean it, I don't wanna wash the entire jersey if possible. Any ideas?

-Bark

Quote Originally Posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    I just got a white authentic Tebow jersey and my lunch dripped on it, its nothing too dark but I don't wanna ruin the jersey. Any idea what I should use? Would pics help, I can post pics if anyone here needs reference...

I kind of want to spot clean it, I don't wanna wash the entire jersey if possible. Any ideas?

-Bark
    Roll TIDE!

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Sorry man, once a jersey is dirtied, it has to be burned. Bad luck to wear a dirty jersey to a game!

Hope that helps,

Mugen

Actually Jake, speaking of "Tide" : Anybody who recieves a Tide sample package of laundry detergent please throw it away.

It could contain Anthrax, there have already been multiple cases reported and a few deaths.

I am being serious, sorry wasn't trying to derail the thread, just wanted to make sure people knew.

I have a stain on my Thomas jersey so I am actually interested to hear any ideas that some may have.......

I have a recipe for a really powerful stain remover, but make sure the fabric is colorfast, or go and visit the dry cleaners and ask them for tips.

To make the solvent, mix Dawn and Hydrogen Peroxide. The result can remove red wine stains from a carpet fairly easily. Very good stain remover. As always for stain removals, test it on a spot to make sure it's safe for the fabric.

That should help you two.
    Last edited by Fargo; 01-07-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    I adopt:CHARGER$ and Brancos!!
    2011 Bronco Adoptee: Julius Thomas

Adopted by: JakeNbake and DenFanNPckrLand!!
    ~Thanks to CHARGER$ for the sweet avy! ~

Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.
    --- I saw that bear scat when he was climbing the tree !

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen View Post
    Sorry man, once a jersey is dirtied, it has to be burned. Bad luck to wear a dirty jersey to a game!

Hope that helps,

Mugen
    Ummm no not at all, from what I read if u have wet detergent soap u rinse the part of the jersey under cold water, and then pour some soap on it, and scrub it lightly under the water. Hang it up and let it dry and check again in the morning. I am going to try this with the combination of a tide pen and see if this gets them out, their faint but they make me mad since this is my first day rocking this Teebes jersey

Quote Originally Posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    Ummm no not at all, from what I read if u have wet detergent soap u rinse the part of the jersey under cold water, and then pour some soap on it, and scrub it lightly under the water. Hang it up and let it dry and check again in the morning. I am going to try this with the combination of a tide pen and see if this gets them out, their faint but they make me mad since this is my first day rocking this Teebes jersey
    Well, knowing that would've saved me 4 jerseys.

Shout advanced gel.

It took 4 year old blood stains out of a work shirt. I've used it on all types of fabric and have yet to:

1. Fail to remove the stain.
    2. Ruin the fabric.

This is the way to go.

Click my sig to watch the "Atwater Hit!!"

Click here to read LordTrychon's and my story! Or feel free to PM me with questions!
    Voted 2014 BCMB award for "Who you'd want to get a drink(hard or soft) with?- jetrazor"
    Stop by when you're in the neighborhood!!
    Sick avy by Blondie79

COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright 1975 by Dr Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Fred the Bunny View Post
    Tell me Fred, how do you get tear stains out of a Colts jersey?

Click here to read LordTrychon's and my story! Or feel free to PM me with questions!
    Voted 2014 BCMB award for "Who you'd want to get a drink(hard or soft) with?- jetrazor"
    Sick avy by Blondie79

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I have a recipe for a really powerful stain remover, but make sure the fabric is colorfast, or go and visit the dry cleaners and ask them for tips.

To make the solvent, mix Dawn and Hydrogen Peroxide. The result can remove red wine stains from a carpet fairly easily. Very good stain remover. As always for stain removals, test it on a spot to make sure it's safe for the fabric.

That should help you two.
    Be careful with using peroxide. It can leave pink spots on fabrics. Its just as likely to change the color of something as bleach is.

On another note peroxide is quite effective in treating urine stains and even mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Be careful with using peroxide. It can leave pink spots on fabrics. Its just as likely to change the color of something as bleach is.

On another note peroxide is quite effective in treating urine stains and even mold.
    Do you often have problems with urine stains?

I generally use the toilet, myself.

Sick avy by Blondie79

Quote Originally Posted by jetrazor74 View Post

Shout advanced gel.

It took 4 year old blood stains out of a work shirt. I've used it on all types of fabric and have yet to:

1. Fail to remove the stain.
    2. Ruin the fabric.

This is the way to go.
    4 year old blood stains, what do you do for a living?

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

speaking of jerseys I have been thinking about getting a Tebow jersey but I'm not sure now.

When I got my Cutler jersey he was traded a couple months later.

I haven't bought one since.

Hmm I might get a Demaryius Thomas jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    speaking of jerseys I have been thinking about getting a Tebow jersey but I'm not sure now.

When I got my Cutler jersey he was traded a couple months later.

I haven't bought one since.

Hmm I might get a Demaryius Thomas jersey.
    I'm not getting a Tebow jersey until I'm sure he will stick around, and be what we expect. Good idea!