Page 1 of 342 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One

Xbox One

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6302784...es%3Btitle%3B1

I'm surprised we're hearing new consoles talks this soon. I stated I thought 2014 is the earliest we'd see a new console by any company, and I'm still inclined to believe that, but If Microsoft is looking to get an early start on Sony and Nintendo, they better do it right this time. It needs Blu-Ray for starters, should be able to go 1080p for ALL games, and they should make it so that it utilizes DX12 (or the latest DirectX) which will make the games like that much better.

Thoughts, comments?
    Last edited by Amari24; 03-07-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6302784...5#post_comment

I'm surprised we're hearing new consoles talks this soon. I stated I thought 2014 is the earliest we'd see a new console by any company, and I'm still inclined to believe that, but If Microsoft is looking to get an early start on Sony and Nintendo, they better do it right this time. It needs Blu-Ray for starters, should be able to go 1080p for ALL games, and they should make it so that it utilizes DX12 (or the latest DirectX) which will make the games like that much better.

Thoughts, comments?
    Blu ray is a Sony product. Why would Sony let another game concol take away a major exclusive from them.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Blu ray is a Sony product. Why would Sony let another game concol take away a major exclusive from them.
    Blu Ray is a format not an exclusive lol.

CD
    DVD
    Blu Ray

All media formats.

I expect the next XBox will support Blu Ray.

CD
    DVD
    Blu Ray

All media formats.

Sony created Blu Ray, they license it to other companies. So why would Sony allow another game system to have it? For awhile alot of movies made by Sony Pictures could not be avalible on the Xboxs Netflix.

You said it was not exclusive. Name another game system that has a blu ray player.

CD
    DVD
    Blu Ray

All media formats.

Except for Sony owns the patent (jointly with panasonic and phillips) which means Microsoft would have to pony up and pay sony to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Sony created Blu Ray, they license it to other companies. So why would Sony allow another game system to have it? For awhile alot of movies made by Sony Pictures could not be avalible on the Xboxs Netflix.

You said it was not exclusive. Name another game system that has a blu ray player.
    Curentley no other systems use Blu Ray because it wasn't a standard when they were released, it was far too expensive. When the PS2 came out, DVD was the standard, or was basically becoming the standard. Same with Blu Ray, while it isn't a standard, it may be in a few more years. Microsoft and Nintendo could've made the 360 and Wii support Blu Ray if they wanted, but they didn't because it wasn't the standard, and developers would have trouble progaming games for it. That's why the PS3 barely had any games during it's release.

That was in 2005-2006, now we're in the year 2011, and the next gen consoles WILL support Blu Ray because it's slowly becoming a standard.
    Last edited by Amari24; 03-07-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Except for Sony owns the patent (jointly with panasonic and phillips) which means Microsoft would have to pony up and pay sony to use it.
    I thought the patent was split with 19 different companies? And the BRDA was formed so that other companies can use the format as well, they just have to come to an agreement, which is why it was formed.

Microsoft wouldn't have a problem with that anyways, maybe Nintendo as they've never been about graphics, but more on innovation, so they'll probably still use DVD or some other format. Besides, Sony had to pay $90 million to use the rumble tech in their DualShock3 controllers a few years ago. They specfically got sued, but you know what I mean. Microsoft could dish out the same money to use Blu Ray, and if not, they could create a superior format.
    Last edited by Amari24; 03-07-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Hopefully MS does not put ANY red lights anywhere near the new xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Hopefully MS does not put ANY red lights anywhere near the new xbox.
    I thought they already did that with the 360 slim.

Not new to me, I read about it on IGN earlier today, Xbox is not the first rumored console to got next gen. Mid last year, there was a rumor that Nintendo might have a new console by 2013.

According to IGN and there source if everything is right about this xbox rumor, and if they added the same time as the previous xbox, then the new box should be out in 2012-2013.

As for Blu-Ray, either Microsoft pays big(in which they have the cash for) or they make something just like Blu-Ray with a partner ship with another company familiar with formating things like DVD,etc.

Which would also not be hard for Microsoft.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Curentley no other systems use Blu Ray because it wasn't a standard when they were released, it was far too expensive. When the PS2 came out, DVD was the standard, or was basically becoming the standard. Same with Blu Ray, while it isn't a standard, it may be in a few more years. Microsoft and Nintendo could've made the 360 and Wii support Blu Ray if they wanted, but they didn't because it wasn't the standard, and developers would have trouble progaming games for it. That's why the PS3 barely had any games during it's release.

That was in 2005-2006, now we're in the year 2011, and the next gen consoles WILL support Blu Ray because it's slowly becoming a standard.
    So only the PS3 has it. Which means it is an exclusive.

I hope not. Once new consoles hit the market the prior ones become obsolete. And I really dont feel like shelling out 500 bucks for a new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    I hope not. Once new consoles hit the market the prior ones become obsolete. And I really dont feel like shelling out 500 bucks for a new system.
    Me too Bro.

You know why they are calling it a Xbox 720?

It's because once you see it you do a 720 turn and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    You know why they are calling it a Xbox 720?

It's because once you see it you do a 720 turn and walk away.

2 things, not funny and thats not what there gonna call it, thats just what a rumor say it will be called. In which the rumor of the 720 started 2yrs ago.

720 was one of many rumored names, along with nexus and others. People just assume that 720 is the most likely name.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders