Page 4 of 342 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    As far as cost, I'd be surprised if it did go up even with new technology in them. Look at tvs right now. When some of these badass HD DLP LMNOPO with 1080I and PI and STDs came out they were hugely priced! Now, a simple shot of penicillin and $1500 and you've got a great tv.

I'm calling it now... PSnext and xBoxnext and etc.next will all be at their current system release. Of course... that doesn't factor in the eBay effect in limited supply. I'm talking retail.
    Funniest thing I've read in a while man! CP to you

DLP LMNOPO!!!

oh and just to add ...
    I don't care, I won't ever buy another Xbox after my experience with the 3 I had. They were Craptastic!!
    I don't care how they've fixed them and put in better 'whateveryoucallems' and upgraded the 'thingamcjiggers' so they don't give you the RLOD anymore.
    Last edited by Jermz79; 03-09-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    I don't think the 360 is as limited as people think.
    I didn't mean to imply that it is. Not at all. The 360 is a very capable machine and like I said, game companies have yet to challenge the capabilities of that console.

I probably could have phrased that differently so it didn't come off negatively. That wasn't my intent.

The 360 is very capable of running any game I have seen produced from any publisher so far (poor coding from the game developer aside, which will cause problems for ANY system).

It's a good system - still unchallenged by anything the market has yet to produce for it.

After hearing from nextgen tactics, it turns out there is a reason for a new console, that has nothing to do with the PS3 or Wii.

Gaming engines are whats forcing new consoles, because the newer engines are just that good, that consoles have to step.

I know about the 10yr thing, but I don't mind and neither did gunn fro Nextgen mind, buying a new console every 5yrs instead of 10.

But anyways, if you want to give rep to a system for forcing the consoles(including the PS3 and Wii) Then give the rep to the PC, because the PC is looking very good with the new engines, which is forcing new consoles.

Consoles have to match up to what the PC is getting, after people see how the Frostbite 2.0, Cryengine 3, and now the Unreal Engine 3 look on PC, consoles have to match those graphics, but neither of them can look as good.

Thats why there starting early with making a new console, not because of Sony. Xbox is not the only console rumored to be have a new one. Last year the same story happen with the Wii, and I'm sure later this year another story will come out about the PS3.

Consoles may have better online experience than PC, but if you go on youtube and see what people are saying about games using the Frostbite 2.0(which is currently only used by Battlefield 3), Cryengine 3(Crysis 2), and Unreal engine 3(so far there are no games using it, unless Gears is running on it).

People will pay more attention to graphics before gameplay, and since these games using these engines are known to be good, then they don't have to worry about gameplay.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by Cahill View Post
    Just because they're hiring now does not mean anything in terms of a timeline in my opinion.

Sony doesn't own Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray was developed by a consortium of different companies, Sony is just the only company that uses BD discs as their video game format. Interestingly enough, the SMPTE 421M video codec aka VC-1 which is used for many Blu-Ray titles and supported by the PS3 was created by Microsoft.

The only reason I would see Microsoft implementing Blu-Ray is for video game use. I think when the next generation consoles are released, people will still be purchasing physical copies of video games and games will undoubtedly be larger in size. I believe that all other media will be delivered via internet connection though. Today, streaming services are more popular than ever and I do not see this changing. I easily stream HD content on my 360 and PC each and every day. The same could be down with downloadable video games but not everyone has the capability to download potentially a 50GB game in the future. I can download 7GB in 90 minutes or so, I don't think I would want to wait to download a 50GB game at this point in time. Some areas of the country still do not have broadband internet.
    Yeah, I don't see media moving to download only for many many years, what with the lack of broadband in certain area's of the country, and with the broadband companies putting limits on usage... Not going to happen any time soon. This being the case Microsoft would be absolutely foolish to not allow non video game usage with the newfound blu-ray capabilities.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see media moving to download only for many many years, what with the lack of broadband in certain area's of the country, and with the broadband companies putting limits on usage... Not going to happen any time soon. This being the case Microsoft would be absolutely foolish to not allow non video game usage with the newfound blu-ray capabilities.
    Sony knows better, they already made that mistake with the PSPGO, god forbid they actually try it with a console. 'Download only' hardware rarely ever succeeds, especially as a video game console, that's why the Phantom was canceled in the early 2000s.

And to be honest, unless something drastic happens technological wise, I don't want any game platform to be download only, just for the simple matter of convience, and time constraints. Could you imagine downloading a 60GB PS3 game? In most cases, it can take up to an hour just trying to download an add-on for my 360 that's only 1GB. The thought of downloading a full game is ludicrous.

HA ... it took me 9 hours to download the Mpa pack from Black Ops the other day!!!

but then I realized I had a really low download rate (under 1mb) and that was also contributing to my "1 RED BAR CONNECTION" while playing Black Ops!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jermz79 View Post
    HA ... it took me 9 hours to download the Mpa pack from Black Ops the other day!!!

but then I realized I had a really low download rate (under 1mb) and that was also contributing to my "1 RED BAR CONNECTION" while playing Black Ops!!!
    You actually played while red bar? I never play any game while red bar online. I use a private connection so I rare go red bar, unless it's because of host BS, or if there is a lag switch user playing.

My cousin and 2 of my closes friends have PS3's, and they tell me all the time about how long it takes to download things(I'm guessing you play on PS3 since you said it took 9hrs.)

One of my friends was download a update for Little Big Planet, in it took 3hrs just for a update.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    You actually played while red bar? I never play any game while red bar online. I use a private connection so I rare go red bar, unless it's because of host BS, or if there is a lag switch user playing.

My cousin and 2 of my closes friends have PS3's, and they tell me all the time about how long it takes to download things(I'm guessing you play on PS3 since you said it took 9hrs.)

One of my friends was download a update for Little Big Planet, in it took 3hrs just for a update.
    Their connection probably sucks, because the most any update takes me on my PS3 is 3 minutes, 5 minutes at the very most. I've never had any update exceed that span. The longest download I've ever had was 3 hours and it was the MAG beta download, which is acceptable. It could just be that I'm on the PS3 Slim, they probably have the brick version, so that could have something to do with it.

On my 360 it took me almost that long just to download LotSB, so from personal expereince and owning both consoles, I know for a fact that the downloads are faster on the PS3. Though that's not saying much, that's like saying a turtle is faster than a snail by 2 seconds.
    Last edited by Amari24; 03-10-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Their connection probably sucks, because the most any update takes me on my PS3 is 3 minutes, 5 minutes at the very most. I've never had any update exceed that span. The longest download I've ever had was 3 hours and it was the MAG beta download, which is acceptable. It could just be that I'm on the PS3 Slim, they probably have the brick version, so that could have something to do with it.

On my 360 it took me almost that long just to download LotSB, so from personal expereince and owning both consoles, I know for a fact that the downloads are faster on the PS3. Though that's not saying much, that's like saying a turtle is faster than a snail by 2 seconds.
    Both my friends and my cousin have slims, my cousin, just like me, uses a private connection, so the connection is not the likely problem.

As for LotSb, it only took me 15mins maybe 20 mins to download.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Yeah I played on red bar, it was irritating sometimes but not bad. What else could I do?

I searched online and found a site that tested my connection speed and found that I was downloading at less than 1Mbps (actually about 1/2 that) .... so I switched providers and went with a higher MBps download speed and now I have no problems.

so as you can see I went from less than 1Mbps to almost 10Mbps. and that was taken at 745 Eastern which is a high traffic time for online activity in my time zone. The other night I tested at almost Midnight and I was getting almost 15Mbps download speed

Thumbs down

I just bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermz79 View Post
    Yeah I played on red bar, it was irritating sometimes but not bad. What else could I do?

I searched online and found a site that tested my connection speed and found that I was downloading at less than 1Mbps (actually about 1/2 that) .... so I switched providers and went with a higher MBps download speed and now I have no problems.

so as you can see I went from less than 1Mbps to almost 10Mbps. and that was taken at 745 Eastern which is a high traffic time for online activity in my time zone. The other night I tested at almost Midnight and I was getting almost 15Mbps download speed
    I'm extremely jealous of people who can actually get that kind of connection. I'm stuck on satellite internet, with 1.5 mb/s down and probably 525 kb/s up, with a 17.5 GB/30 day limit.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Rumor has it, Nvidia will be teaming up with Sony to make the PS4. They announced project 'Denver' which was confirmed to be a CPU for supercomputers. Looks like I was right, Sony is leaning more towards basing the PS4 off of PC architecure. If this turns out true that is.
    Last edited by Amari24; 03-11-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Rumor has it, Nvidia will be teaming up with Sony to make the PS4. They announced project 'Denver' which was confirmed to be a CPU for supercomputers. Looks like I was right, Sony is leaning more towards basing the PS4 off of PC architecure. If this turns out true that is.
    I already like it. Call me biased.

Oh yeah, I'm calling it right now. The PS4 will be announced at E3 2012. Quote me on it.

They'll release the PS4 in mid-late 2014, and market the PS3 alongside it for a few years. Think about it, they wanted 10 years out of the PS3, so by 2014 the PS3 will be 8 years old, so they'll market it with the PS4 for about 2-3 years, before fully investing into the PS4.

It's exactly what they did with the PS2 and PS3. They released the PS3 in 2006, and allowed the PS2 to keep selling alongside it for 4 good years. Now the PS2 is basically dead. Actually they didn't even discontinue the PS1 until a few years after the PS2's release.

And if not E3 2012, expect E3 2013, and a late 2015 release for the PS4.
    Last edited by Amari24; 03-11-2011 at 01:35 PM.