Page 5 of 342 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One

Wow.. here's an article explaining why Nintendo will probably announce a new system this coming up E3.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6303505...es%3Btitle%3B3

Someone's going to release something soon, it's no coincidence that all these next gen console talks are uprising from all 3 sides.

It's a very exciting time to be waiting a few years for something.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

I already stated that all 3 would be making new systems, and that the PS4 rumor would start soon.

Neither of the three are gunning for each other this time around, there going to take down the PC.(maybe not Nintendo) But Sony and Microsoft are gunning to bring PC gamers to the console, by trying to match the graphics and online numbers.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I already stated that all 3 would be making new systems, and that the PS4 rumor would start soon.

Neither of the three are gunning for each other this time around, there going to take down the PC.(maybe not Nintendo) But Sony and Microsoft are gunning to bring PC gamers to the console, by trying to match the graphics and online numbers.
    Ehh.. I hope not. I cant stand the PC gaming community sometimes. It's full of egotistical elitist who think they're god to console gamers just because they own a gaming PC. Now I'm not talking about all PC gamers, but I have ran into tons of them who bash consoles for no reason.

Heck, if you go to the Gamespot fourms, they're everywhere, a lot of them even post their PC specs in their sig..

I remember I saw one post where one PC gamer said "consoles are holding back gaming"
    Last edited by Amari24; 03-11-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    MS could just make a superior or similar format to Blu-Ray.
    And according to some news I've read today, Microsoft will be attempting to do that very thing. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6306298...es%3Btitle%3B3

The funniest part about that whole article is that Microsoft needs us to test out the system update for them, and they even admitted that it could break your 360 and they won't replace it..

The rewards they are offering are free copies of Halo Reach and some other things. Ok.. if anyone wanted Reach they could go to the store and buy it without having the risk of breaking their 360. Maybe if it was something like an extra XBox system, or 3 years worth of gold membership for free, then I'd be interested.

I hope this doesn't happen for another 2 years, I just finally bought a 360 slim yesterday so I want to get my moneys worth

But this is cool. I prefer the Xbox so a Xbox with Bluray would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    I hope this doesn't happen for another 2 years, I just finally bought a 360 slim yesterday so I want to get my moneys worth

But this is cool. I prefer the Xbox so a Xbox with Bluray would be awesome.
    Supposedly it's neither Blu Ray or HD-DVD. They're attempting to make a whole new disc format for the 360. If it succeeds, they'll start selling the licenses to other companies so they can use it, and they'll just keep hording in cash. In the end, that's Microsoft's true objective in this, the cash.

I've had my 360 for almost 5 years now, so if it breaks on me now, no biggie. But I think that's the purpose of using the people who volunteer as bait. If their systems break down due to the update, they'll either go back to the drawing board, scrap it, or stick to the idea of using Blu Ray. If it succeeds, then we'll have to update our 360s so they can be compatible with this new format, whatever it might be. It would obviously be the format they'll use for the next XBox.

My guess is that they'll be attempting to use "triple layer DVD". If I recall, the 360 can read three layers, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's it. Toshiba was the first to use this format I believe, and it can hold around the same amount of data as Blu ray. Or it could possibly be double sided DVDs.

Whatever the case may be, it sure is interesting.
    Last edited by Amari24; 03-29-2011 at 06:55 PM.

PS4 and XBox 720

Here's a source stating that Microsoft and Sony plans to release their new systems around 2014. kotaku.com/5794000/microsoft-and-sony-targeting-2014-for-new-consoles-leaving-nintendo-in-the-clear

Even if it's not true, that's when I predicted that Sony and Microsoft would release new consoles. Not to mention if Nintendo actually does release a Wii 2, that still changes everything, as Sony and Microsoft wouldn't want them to have too big of a head start.

I can see them both announcing them at E3 2012, and releasing them in Q1 2014. Sounds about right to me, 2014 would be a good date, as long as they continue to give us games for the PS3 and 360, I'm all for it.

Here's a source stating that Microsoft and Sony plans to release their new systems around 2014. kotaku.com/5794000/microsoft-and-sony-targeting-2014-for-new-consoles-leaving-nintendo-in-the-clear

Even if it's not true, that's when I predicted that Sony and Microsoft would release new consoles. Not to mention if Nintendo actually does release a Wii 2, that still changes everything, as Sony and Microsoft wouldn't want them to have too big of a head start.

I can see them both announcing them at E3 2012, and releasing them in Q1 2014. Sounds about right to me, 2014 would be a good date, as long as they continue to give us games for the PS3 and 360, I'm all for it.
    I think 2014 would be a good year for the next generation of consoles to come out. I'd better start saving my pennies so I can be able to afford the new Xbox.

I wonder how much they (and the PS4's) will go for on Ebay. I should try to procure a few consoles so that I can make a FORTUNE!!!
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.

I agree but if the rumors are about what was said on next gen tactics, the PS and Xbox don't have anything to worry about.

I say that because, according to next gen tactics and a source that got, the Wii2 will run off the same graphic card that PS3 and xbox used in 2005. If thats true than the PS4 and Xbox Nexus(or 720 whatever name you like) don't have to worry to much, especially Xbox, because we and them know what happen the last time they rushed to release there console.

With that said, sony needs to come out with something big, because if( which is a small if, because it's very likely) Xbox Nexus runs Blu Ray, Sony will lose money.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Here is a video from one of the guys that work at next gen tactics.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Here is a video from one of the guys that work at next gen tactics.
    He gave an interesting take on it. I personally think the PS4 and 720 will graphically blow the Wii 2 out of the water. If they really are releasing them in 2014, that would mean that they'll be getting the most up to date GPUs, and processors, and we'll be able to play all our games at 1080p, instead of 720p. This will be an interesting 2-3 years, to say the least.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I don't think the 360 is as limited as people think.
    Gears 3 graphically monkey-stomps Killzone 3 imo, and I'm only going off the multiplayer beta. I don't doubt though that the PS3 is capable of a little more, but I haven't seen a PS3 produce the same color pallet that the 360 can.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    It's a very exciting time to be waiting a few years for something.
    lmao.

--------------

Microsoft doesn't have to reinvent blu-ray or use the format. The blu-ray lazer (lazor? laizoer? sp?) will be around for a while but there's going to have to be a new breed of discs to support 1440p which will be here before you know it. TBH I would rather it not have blu-ray. I can't wait for a new game to install for an hour because its disc can't read fast enough.

I think that the age of disc gaming is coming to an end. Only as a medium to get the game to your console can I see it staying around past the next 5-10 yrs. Pretty soon you'll be able to download whatever, and gaming companies will realize how much money they can save not manufacturing physical copies.
    I <3 Andy Janovich

Nintendo confirms the Wii 2 for a 2012 release, and they'll be showcasing it at this year's E3.

The writing's on the wall people. PS4 and 720 will be announced at E3 2012, or sometime in 2013. I bet 2000 bucks on it, with a free PS3, 360, or Wii.

Last edited by Amari24; 04-25-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Xbox 720 nearly confirmed!

According to this article, the XBox 720 is already in it's prototype stage and it's currently in the possession of EA to decide how to develop games for it. However, both Microsoft and EA refused to comment on the rumor.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/3...on-desks-at-EA

It seems Nintendo announcing the Wii 2 has lit fire under Microsoft's ass, which isn't surprising at all. Apparently though, they won't announce it at this year's E3, but perhaps E3 2012, which is what I predicted.

We still haven't heard anything from Sony and the PS4, but the last thing they can afford is to fall behind MS and Nintendo and lose support. Bad enough they have all these issues with their network, coming in dead last in the next gen will be the nail in the coffin for Sony.

-Nintendo has already announced their system for 2012.
    -Microsoft is nearly finished with their system and will soon announce it.

Sony had better get this right, if they haven't started on the PS4 yet, they better start working soon, because MS and Nintendo aren't wasting any time.

Anyways, just wanted to spread the news. If you plan on buying a new system I'd wait because the next generation of gaming is right around the corner.
    Last edited by Amari24; 05-06-2011 at 01:15 PM.