Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1769

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Yeah he may be connecting some of the dots, but I don't think he knows for sure, or much about the father or how this really happened, so yeah I think we may see the grand tournament at Harrenhal, their secret marriage, and maybe Rhaegar's death at Robert's hands in the Battle of the Trident which would be soooo cool!!!

As for the crypts, I'm skeptical of the theory about Jon's tomb with his true lineage carved on it. That would be extremely dangerous to make! King Robert went down there ya know! Except maybe as part of dream that Jon has...
    The crypt theory revolves around him getting to a blockage (maybe to look like a cave-in) in the tombs. Jon sees it and considers turning back, but there is a voice that is coaxing him to continue (whether this is Bran tapping in, or just his internal conscience). So, he begins to clear the passage to find his and his brother's and sister's tombs.

The idea is that the blockage was created to protect the secret
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    The crypt theory revolves around him getting to a blockage (maybe to look like a cave-in) in the tombs. Jon sees it and considers turning back, but there is a voice that is coaxing him to continue (whether this is Bran tapping in, or just his internal conscience). So, he begins to clear the passage to find his and his brother's and sister's tombs.

The idea is that the blockage was created to protect the secret
    Yeah I read that when I read through all your links, I just forgot that detail when I replied to CB.

So if these tombs are blocked off and they are to be used later when the kids die, who's left alive that knows that they're even there? When was Ned ever going to show his kids that they too have tombs? Especially when he isn't going to outlive them? Such a plan requires Ned to remain alive deep into old age, which is unrealistic in such a dangerous world.

Regardless of how that could work out, I don't really care for this theory one bit and I really hope they don't do it, because what then is the point of Bran's visions about this stuff if Jon will learn the truth some other way? There's an immense anticipation behind every reunion between the long-sundered Stark family members, but the suspense of Bran's meeting up with Jon to reveal such a monumental truth ramps that anticipation up to incredible levels and that would be utterly destroyed by this tomb-tells-all theory. SMH Why would the producers choose to do away with or diminish a device more gripping?
    Last edited by LynchMobster; 04-07-2017 at 09:01 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

I'm curious about Jorah also.
    Meant to include him.
    I like your theory about Jorah finding a cache of Valyrian weapons.
    That would work in well as we head into the final 2 seasons.
    ~~~
    I doubt the writers will make the plot lines anymore complicated than they already are.
    Instead, I see them trimming the fat, so to speak.
    Unraveling and unwinding all the twisted intertwined story lines and so little time.
    The writers will want to shed a lot of dead weight.
    There will be a lot of eliminations this season to focus on the main protagonists for the final season.
    ~~~
    It was a toss up for me between Jaime and Tyrion fulfilling Mag's prophecy.
    However, after reading your take, I'm definitely leaning toward Jaime.
    Good one LM !
    ~~
    We're still going to need 3 dragon riders.
    Will Bran warg one of them ?
    Jon and Dany will be the other 2 ?

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    .What will happen to Jaime and Cersei's thing ?
    Will Jaime go rogue ?
    It was a toss up for me between Jaime and Tyrion fulfilling Mag's prophecy.
    However, after reading your take, I'm definitely leaning toward Jaime.
    Jaime will not leave Cersei and he will watch with increasing alarm as she spirals down into new depths of cruelty and madness now that all her children are gone! I'll bet that Jaime is the sibling foretold to end her life --the Valonqar? It will be a tragic reenactment of his killing of the Mad King Aerys and for the same reason! Hence all the flashbacks and visions about that last season! Cersei will choose to burn King's Landing by detonating the rest of the secret wildfire caches rather than surrender and be taken alive, and even though Jaime is warped by his incestuous passion, he is still basically a good person who will not allow an innocent population to be so spitefully murdered! So he will become the "Queenslayer" (per force of his conscience), and then kill himself afterwards.

I would bet money that this is how it plays out. It's too perfectly tragic and poetic to resist.
    I had to look it up. On the show Maggy doesn't mention the "Valonqar". This might be a change here that will be different in the books. Since it means "little brother" in Valyrian, I think it'll be Tyrion in the books and likely Jamie in the show. The writers probably changed it here to make way for Jamie. GRRM has so many prophecies, and he has mentioned that some writers can take their own prophecies too literally and be too predictable, but I believe this is one he directly follows through on. In the books Tyrion will be the Queenslayer. Of course on the show it could be Jamie or it could also be at the hands of Daenerys as well. My only concern with this otherwise solid theory is if Daenerys goes mad. Then we're going to get two mad queens and two possible betrayals. Eh, I dunno if he wants to do that twice.

I also believe Cersei isn't going to last that long. It's clear Daenerys will be the "younger and more beautiful" one that takes her crown, fulfilling another Mag prophecy. The story will shift towards the White Walkers and The Great Other soon.

There is quite a bit of story to tell.

I'm curious about Jorah. I like the idea of his returning to Qarth to see the mysterious Quaithe for advice on a cure, and then back to Valyria to find that whereupon he accidentally stumbles upon an ancient armory hidden in the ruins-- and chalk full of (badly needed) Valyrian Steel weapons!!!
    Ohh that's a good one. Maybe enough to equip a small army that'll cut through the walkers like a knife through butter. It's hard to tell what is gonna happen with Jorah. From some of the theories of him being an out of nowhere candidate of being "the prince that was promised" to finding those weapons, I think he's going to have a major impact on the ending.

If Daenerys goes mad I can see him playing a major role as well.
    What about that new priestess that popped up in Meereen ? She says Dany's the one.
    I think that's very interesting. Why do we have two priestesses saying two different TPTWP/AAR? (Azar Ahai reborn). Are there gonna be 3 dragon riders?

I think you were right AZ Snake Fan, the writers have a lot of dead weight to shed. They also knew that they only needed 14 episodes to finish the story so we'll see what they have planned
    -

Yeah I read that when I read through all your links, I just forgot that detail when I replied to CB.

So if these tombs are blocked off and they are to be used later when the kids die, who's left alive that knows that they're even there? When was Ned ever going to show his kids that they too have tombs? Especially when he isn't going to outlive them? Such a plan requires Ned to remain alive deep into old age, which is unrealistic in such a dangerous world.

Regardless of how that could work out, I don't really care for this theory one bit and I really hope they don't do it, because what then is the point of Bran's visions about this stuff if Jon will learn the truth some other way? There's an immense anticipation behind every reunion between the long-sundered Stark family members, but the suspense of Bran's meeting up with Jon to reveal such a monumental truth ramps that anticipation up to incredible levels and that would be utterly destroyed by this tomb-tells-all theory. SMH Why would the producers choose to do away with or diminish a device more gripping?
    Yeah, I don't think he'll find out on his own. There could be physical evidence that helps confirm what they have been saying but it'll be Bran that initially guides him.

I LOL'd at the idea of a huge amount of evidence and Robert hanging around in the crypts. That would be a funny disaster
    Last edited by Freestyle; 04-08-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    -

Actually part of Dany's vision in the House of the Undying was her brother Rhaegar saying "the dragon has three heads.
    That's it.

The Targ House sigil is a 3 headed dragon.
    Aegon Targaryen and his 2 sisters took Westoros riding dragons.
    Dany has 3 dragons.

So, many are assuming that Dany's dragons will have 3 riders.
    But all Rhaegar said in Dany's vision was that "the dragon has 3 heads".

Maybe some are making too much out of Rhaegar's statement.
    At this point, the writers are going to want to keep it simple.

I personally just can't see Jon cozy up to a dragon.

We know that Dany is an adept natural riding Drogon but the other 2 have yet to be tamed or ridden.
    We know that Tyrion has some kind of vibe going on with those 2 he released.

We've already discussed in depth the similarities of Jon, Dany and Tyrion.
    They all are the third child, their fathers are all dead and their mothers all died in childbirth etc.
    Jon and Dany have Targ blood. Tyrion could be the Mad King's son, but it's a weak theory.

So, who knows ?
    Could be 3 riders.
    Bran could warg.
    Or Dany just keeps riding Drogon while Rhaegal and Viserion follow and lay waste.
    This is going to be entirely up to the writers at this point unless GRRM stipulated differently.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    I had to look it up. On the show Maggy doesn't mention the "Valonqar". This might be a change here that will be different in the books. Since it means "little brother" in Valyrian, I think it'll be Tyrion in the books and likely Jamie in the show. The writers probably changed it here to make way for Jamie. GRRM has so many prophecies, and he has mentioned that some writers can take their own prophecies too literally and be too predictable, but I believe this is one he directly follows through on. In the books Tyrion will be the Queenslayer. Of course on the show it could be Jamie or it could also be at the hands of Daenerys as well. My only concern with this otherwise solid theory is if Daenerys goes mad. Then we're going to get two mad queens and two possible betrayals. Eh, I dunno if he wants to do that twice.
    Well we had two sadistic psychopaths in Ramsay and Joffrey, why not two "Mad Queens"? The story revels in corrupt characters. With Dany, I think we are seeing a disturbing escalation in her natural Targaryen ruthless tendencies. Can Tyrion temper those? There may be an ultimate test coming for her, where she will need to refrain from anger and revenge and be just and fair or she will spiral down.

I think that Cersei is technically the eldest child (though only by minutes), and many believe Jaime will be the Valonqar in the books... if GRRM ever finishes the series before he dies! Hopefully he makes it to 2024!

Ohh that's a good one. Maybe enough to equip a small army that'll cut through the walkers like a knife through butter. It's hard to tell what is gonna happen with Jorah. From some of the theories of him being an out of nowhere candidate of being "the prince that was promised" to finding those weapons, I think he's going to have a major impact on the ending.

If Daenerys goes mad I can see him playing a major role as well.
    Thanks, just adding up many disparate parts. I posted a gif of Quaithe and her dialogue last year here:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...51#post5438851

Jorah doubtlessly recalls that dialogue and the protective wards that she had inscribed on that sailor so he will likely seek her out for help. And I think he returns to Valyria, either to search for a special cure, or because he is captured and his disease is discovered so he gets dumped there just like the other exiled stonemen. And Sam and Jon already noted that there aren't enough Valyrian steel swords to stop the tide of Walkers so... where might more be found?

He'll need the sap from some special plant that only grows in Valyria to rub on his arm, and having found that, the stonemen will be after him, so he'll flee deep into the ruins. The floor of some ancient hall will crumble during an earthquake and he'll fall into a hidden vault full of weapons! There he will don a nice Valyrian steel helm and suit of armor to fully protect his body from touch and then hack his way out! Next he'll convince a merchant ship to go back and collect the weapons to sell for a fortune to Dany, but that can be skipped and he just shows up in Westeros as they are fighting and losing to the Walkers!

I think it can all be done in several segments amounting to maybe 30 minutes?

So, many are assuming that Dany's dragons will have 3 riders.
    But all Rhaegar said in Dany's vision was that "the dragon has 3 heads".

So, who knows ?
    Could be 3 riders.
    Bran could warg.
    Or Dany just keeps riding Drogon while Rhaegal and Viserion follow and lay waste.
    This is going to be entirely up to the writers at this point unless GRRM stipulated differently.

Thanks AZ. It's been a few years, hope all is well.

With GRRM, any and everything can be put into play. There is so much out there, we're going to over-analyze. That is what we do.

When the Three-eyed raven told Bran that "he'll never walk, but fly", he could have been talking about warging with a dragon. Or he could just have been talking about becoming the Three-eyed raven himself. Should be interesting. That scene where Tyrion released the two dragons could come into play as you've mentioned.

Well we had two sadistic psychopaths in Ramsay and Joffrey, why not two "Mad Queens"? The story revels in corrupt characters. With Dany, I think we are seeing a disturbing escalation in her natural Targaryen ruthless tendencies. Can Tyrion temper those? There may be an ultimate test coming for her, where she will need to refrain from anger and revenge and be just and fair or she will spiral down.

I think that Cersei is technically the eldest child (though only by minutes), and many believe Jaime will be the Valonqar in the books... if GRRM ever finishes the series before he dies! Hopefully he makes it to 2024!

Thanks, just adding up many disparate parts. I posted a gif of Quaithe and her dialogue last year here:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...51#post5438851

Jorah doubtlessly recalls that dialogue and the protective wards that she had inscribed on that sailor so he will likely seek her out for help. And I think he returns to Valyria, either to search for a special cure, or because he is captured and his disease is discovered so he gets dumped there just like the other exiled stonemen. And Sam and Jon already noted that there aren't enough Valyrian steel swords to stop the tide of Walkers so... where might more be found?

He'll need the sap from some special plant that only grows in Valyria to rub on his arm, and having found that, the stonemen will be after him, so he'll flee deep into the ruins. The floor of some ancient hall will crumble during an earthquake and he'll fall into a hidden vault full of weapons! There he will don a nice Valyrian steel helm and suit of armor to fully protect his body from touch and then hack his way out! Next he'll convince a merchant ship to go back and collect the weapons to sell for a fortune to Dany, but that can be skipped and he just shows up in Westeros as they are fighting and losing to the Walkers!

I think it can all be done in several segments amounting to maybe 30 minutes?
    Oh no, I wasn't entirely ruling it out. And I would have to agree, there has been similar character traits spread across different characters all through out this vast world.

It's funny, I was re-watching season 2 and I came across Dany's vision in the House of the Undying. The first segment showed snow falling in the throne room (a lot of people saw that as Jon Snow being the true or future king of Westeros). The next segment showed Dany traveling north of the wall through the snow and being reunited with Khal-Drogo. It could have been just a meaningless vision, but when paired with the first segment it makes me wonder about the entire sequence there. I think she could very well reunite with Khal-Drogo in the end giving the ending that George RR Martin had mentioned that would be "bittersweet".

If we end up with two mad queens then so be it. Though Jamie turning on Cersei could definitely play out much differently than Dany's (possible) fall. As long as the story is great then that's all we care about.

I also just noticed the Quaithe's dialogue. It took a re-watch for me to catch it though. Good catch and good theory. They can definitely make that sequence in 3-4 segments as you described.
    -

I do think we'll see him again as part of the Arya story arc. Her Revenge Tour will take her to King's Landing next, and that's where he is, probably pounding armor again in Flea Bottom. Now that she's old enough, their connection could blossom into an ill-fated romance. GoT likes to kill characters, bringing old ones back for a quick death (like Osha and Rickon) and Gendry is verrry expendable IMO. The bastard son of the usurper to the Targaryen regime has no place in an endgame which features Daenerys Targaryen. He's as good as dead!
    I wanted to revisit this, since you had responded to me. My wife and I are rewatching the entire series and last night we watched the episode in Season 3 where the brotherhood picks up Gendry.

My co-worker and I were discussing how in the books, foreshadowing is MASSIVE within Martin's writing/story telling style. The Red woman tells Gendry:
    "You are more than they can ever be. They are just foot soldiers in a great war. You will make kings rise and fall."

Gendry definitely will have a role to play and she specifically says "Kings," so he will definitely be responsible for more than 1. I'd say this is proof that he won't only come back, but will have a MASSIVE role to play in the storyline.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I wanted to revisit this, since you had responded to me. My wife and I are rewatching the entire series and last night we watched the episode in Season 3 where the brotherhood picks up Gendry.

My co-worker and I were discussing how in the books, foreshadowing is MASSIVE within Martin's writing/story telling style. The Red woman tells Gendry:
    "You are more than they can ever be. They are just foot soldiers in a great war. You will make kings rise and fall."

Gendry definitely will have a role to play and she specifically says "Kings," so he will definitely be responsible for more than 1. I'd say this is proof that he won't only come back, but will have a MASSIVE role to play in the storyline.
    Mel said that to him, but it was clearly an allusion to her blood magic which required his King's Blood. So she drew it from him using several leeches and then she had Stannis throw them into the fire one-by-one, naming the enemies he wished to fall -other kings in Westeros: Joffrey, Robb Stark, and Balon Greyjoy.

The first official images from Game of Thrones season 7

These aren't terribly spoilerish and comprise mainly of character shots in some new costumes --as usual with prior releases as well.
    Last edited by LynchMobster; 04-26-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Mel said that to him, but it was clearly an allusion to her blood magic which required his King's Blood. So she drew it from him using several leeches and then she had Stannis throw them into the fire one-by-one, naming the enemies he wished to fall -other kings in Westeros: Joffrey, Robb Stark, and Balon Greyjoy.
    Yea, very good point.

Did anyone read about the alleged Season 7 full script leak? I really hope that's a fake.

Did anyone read about the alleged Season 7 full script leak? I really hope that's a fake.
    Did I read about? Yes.

Did I read the leak? Yes.

I read it months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Did I read about? Yes.

Did I read the leak? Yes.

I read it months ago.
    Okay, any thoughts about that, Charlie? Do you think it's legit?