Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Im in the middle of the third book a storm of swords right now. I am loving it.

I just hope that GRRM does not die before he finishes writing the other books. i Loved the Show. And I think HBO did a Utterly Remarkable, I mean amazing job, following the books. It really is uncanny that they followed the books that closely. Even using the same lines/quotes that the characters say. The casting seems so close to the actual characters too. By that I mean appearance down to personality. They did a great job of casting and the actors a great job of acting.

I cant wait for season two, even though I have now already read the book.

I thought I heard that GRRM was under contract to finish his books by the time the series caught up with him or something close like that.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    Try waiting six years for a book.

Seriously, this is a great series. You're missing out if you pass on it. Not everyone likes fantasy, but fantasy is just a back-seat element to the drama of the show.

And Tyrion's awesome.
    Tyrion is the bees knees! that is for sure one of the coolest characters in a show I have seen.

Just finished the episode where the exiled Prince that wanted to be a King was "crowned" with molten gold!

The 6 year wait between books 4 & 5 was pretty brutal; as was the 5 year wait between books 3 & 4.

But check this out... there are certain characters/POVs that aren't in book 4 at all. This includes some of the all-time favorites. So, there were certain storylines that fans had to wait 11 years for!
    Winter is Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Just finished the episode where the exiled Prince that wanted to be a King was "crowned" with molten gold!
    and they only get better!

Just this minute saw this go up at another site I frequent.

Stannis' voice sounds just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    Awesome, can't wait.

Me and the Girl Friend watched the whole first season in like 3 days. Pretty awesome.

It took her a bit to get used to the nudity. And to be honest there was a ton in the first episode so I might that may push her off but she gave it one more shot and fell in love. Can't wait for season 2.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    The 6 year wait between books 4 & 5 was pretty brutal; as was the 5 year wait between books 3 & 4.

But check this out... there are certain characters/POVs that aren't in book 4 at all. This includes some of the all-time favorites. So, there were certain storylines that fans had to wait 11 years for!
    True,

Jon Snow doesn't really show up in FFC, nor does Daenerys or Tyrion.

One of the things I appreciate about the series is that there are a few, certainly not many, characters you start out despising but end up really liking. Its interesting to watch Martin advance the series when there isn't really a predominate protagonist.

Also, MtG, I'll try to be as cryptic as possible to avoid spoilers, but how about the return of a character assumed to be dead? It caught me off guard simply because there was no hint of it, but it certainly adds a different dynamic to the power struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    True,

Jon Snow doesn't really show up in FFC, nor does Daenerys or Tyrion.

One of the things I appreciate about the series is that there are a few, certainly not many, characters you start out despising but end up really liking. Its interesting to watch Martin advance the series when there isn't really a predominate protagonist.

Also, MtG, I'll try to be as cryptic as possible to avoid spoilers, but how about the return of a character assumed to be dead? It caught me off guard simply because there was no hint of it, but it certainly adds a different dynamic to the power struggle.
    I really love that about the story. There's no such thing as black or white - good or evil; only gray - and the shifting shade of that gray depends on the light. Good "bad" people, and bad "good" people - and their transformations between the two - kind of like real life, isn't it?

I know she's "good", but one of the most despised characters (by the fans) is Sansa. On my second re-read I started to really like her. To this day I find her arc (and possible future arc) to be one of the most intriguing. ...and talk about having to wait for certain storylines.... sigh...

Yeah, we probably shouldn't get into too much discussion here, but remember... the dragon must have three heads! Many assumed that other characters would assume the role of the other heads and/or that the actual beasts satisfied that "prophecy". But, years ago, GRRM answered a certain question in a certain way that led many to believe that the character in question was still alive. So, that's 1, 2... and a certain infamous equation gives us the third (if you know what I mean ??? ). I don't think it's going to end well for any of them quite frankly.

Anyway, sorry it took me so long to respond, CTM. I didn't see your post until now. I came here to post this:

Enjoy!

PS: I'd be interested in knowing what you thought of a certain "event" in ADWD. PM me if you can. I'm talking about the event that directly follows the scene where the NY Giant has killed the Dallas Cowboy (not sure if you caught that one or not... ...GRRM is too funny sometimes).
    Winter is Coming!

I really love that about the story. There's no such thing as black or white - good or evil; only gray - and the shifting shade of that gray depends on the light. Good "bad" people, and bad "good" people - and their transformations between the two - kind of like real life, isn't it?

I know she's "good", but one of the most despised characters (by the fans) is Sansa. On my second re-read I started to really like her. To this day I find her arc (and possible future arc) to be one of the most intriguing. ...and talk about having to wait for certain storylines.... sigh...

Yeah, we probably shouldn't get into too much discussion here, but remember... the dragon must have three heads! Many assumed that other characters would assume the role of the other heads and/or that the actual beasts satisfied that "prophecy". But, years ago, GRRM answered a certain question in a certain way that led many to believe that the character in question was still alive. So, that's 1, 2... and a certain infamous equation gives us the third (if you know what I mean ??? ). I don't think it's going to end well for any of them quite frankly.

Anyway, sorry it took me so long to respond, CTM. I didn't see your post until now. I came here to post this:

Enjoy!

PS: I'd be interested in knowing what you thought of a certain "event" in ADWD. PM me if you can. I'm talking about the event that directly follows the scene where the NY Giant has killed the Dallas Cowboy (not sure if you caught that one or not... ...GRRM is too funny sometimes).
    ok so i finished the 3rd book storm of swords and am 100 pages into the 4th, whatever its called. Crowns for crows or something....

Anyway, what you said above caught my attention, and am wondering if I am far enough into the books to know what you are talking about.

3 heads- I know who that belongs to as they are one of my favorite characters. But then you said still alive.....??? Are we talking about male or female here? I was thinking at first read he was talking about kellogs breakfast cereal flakes (if you get that one) was still alive. But what you brought up leads me to believe that you are talking about ruler of the unsullied. Perhaps I am not far enough into the series yet but that character is one of my all time favs!!!

Spoilers in between []- so dont read this if you dont want spoilers.

[I do like the progression of hound dog. Since I am new into book 4, is there a fair amount of Bran? (who i called kellogs flakes). I am hoping so. Also it was Denaryus that I am thinking you are talking about. She is one of my favs and so hot in the show! ]

BTW- we can type whatever we want in between the [] so as not to spoil anything for others
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

I love The Hound too. So badass, and cruel, yet somehow George makes us like him.

I must tread lightly here, but we're talking about a male, and it's not Bran. Bran is one of my favorite storylines too.

Come talk to me after you finish AFFC and ADWD. I'm so glad to hear that you're reading the books.
    Last edited by Mount-n-Groan; 12-22-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Winter is Coming!

Crap... I just realized something... Oh well, too late.
    Winter is Coming!

I love The Hound too. So badass, and cruel, yet somehow George makes us like him.

I must tread lightly here, but we're talking about a male, and it's not Bran. Bran is one of my favorite storylines too.

Come talk to me after you finish AFFC and ADWD. I'm so glad to hear that you're reading the books.

ok for sure!

Ahh this grey background. It is still possible to see my hidden words.

is this any better?

or this

nope, guess not
    For now....