Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    But what gives you the right to determine how much of a fan is....And for that matter what gives you the right to determine in which order they are fans (tebow first then bronco fans) I get called a tebow homer all the time for no other reason that I don't like Orton. Yes I like Tebow but that doesn't make me a fan of Tebow first then the Broncos.

I can't stand it at all when our fanbase starts resorting to attacking someones fanhood to argue their case.....It's shameful. Whatever our reasons for cheering for this team we are still fans and we do still cheer for the same orange and blue come sundays (and the occasional monday/thursday/saturday)

There is so much division around here because everybody wants to jump on playing the "true fan" card and exclude everyone that doesn't fit in that box. I know lots of people that started cheering for the broncos for elway or Sharpe or other players during our SB runs that are still die hard fans.... I get tired of being fans of a player automatically excluding your fanhood of the team anytime there is a discussion around here.

I admittedly used to give Neckbeard crap for being an "orton fan" but the thing is yes he's the biggest orton homer there is but he also cheers for Broncos wins the same way I do and deserves the same level of respect anyone else around here does (if he eventually leaves when orton does so be it but as long as he cheers for orange and blue he is a broncos fan) In the same respect as long as the tebow fans are cheering for this team they are fans of this team, the rest doesn't matter and we shouldn't make them feel like less of a fan because they started cheering for the team for one player someday once that player is gone they may still love this team as much as we do.
    I don't have the right to determine anything. But it's all in a lot of people's posts, the ones that say they hope Orton sucks so they put Tebow in. It's all over this board.

I am just so damn sick of this fan division. At this point I just want both of them gone. So we can shed the Tebow 1st fans and move on and become a good fan base again...... Because quite honestly as a fan base, we are pathetic right now....

The Broncos always come 1st, before any player or coach. I support my team no matter who is coach or who is QB. As should all fans. I can be critical of them in certain aspects but at the end of the day I am always in our team's corner.

I think it's ridiculous that after just 3 games and we are 1-2 and could easily be 3-0 that the fans are calling for Fox's head. I thought we had more class than that as a fan base.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Hillis? What the H did Hillis do besides work his butt off?
    You misinterpreted what I was saying... Hillis was a stud and I was pissed when McD didn't play him and then let him go.. same for Marshall. Those guys were awesome and Bowlen needed to put his foot down and keep them.

But what gives you the right to determine how much of a fan is....And for that matter what gives you the right to determine in which order they are fans (tebow first then bronco fans) I get called a tebow homer all the time for no other reason that I don't like Orton. Yes I like Tebow but that doesn't make me a fan of Tebow first then the Broncos.

I can't stand it at all when our fanbase starts resorting to attacking someones fanhood to argue their case.....It's shameful. Whatever our reasons for cheering for this team we are still fans and we do still cheer for the same orange and blue come sundays (and the occasional monday/thursday/saturday)

There is so much division around here because everybody wants to jump on playing the "true fan" card and exclude everyone that doesn't fit in that box. I know lots of people that started cheering for the broncos for elway or Sharpe or other players during our SB runs that are still die hard fans.... I get tired of being fans of a player automatically excluding your fanhood of the team anytime there is a discussion around here.

I admittedly used to give Neckbeard crap for being an "orton fan" but the thing is yes he's the biggest orton homer there is but he also cheers for Broncos wins the same way I do and deserves the same level of respect anyone else around here does (if he eventually leaves when orton does so be it but as long as he cheers for orange and blue he is a broncos fan) In the same respect as long as the tebow fans are cheering for this team they are fans of this team, the rest doesn't matter and we shouldn't make them feel like less of a fan because they started cheering for the team for one player someday once that player is gone they may still love this team as much as we do.
    Probably the best statement I've read.. I have been a fan forever and it started when I was 7 because I always liked the underdog and there was Elway winning games when he wasn't supposed to. Once Elway was gone, I looked to Mike Bell and the mile high salute, Ed McCaffery, Peyton Hillis, Brandon Marshall. These are guys I hung onto that made big plays when the team looked bleak. Right now the guy we are forced to turn to is letting us down BIG TIME. Orton hears a Boo.. lol.. Put in Tebow and watch the fans support someone if they WIN or LOSE!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    I don't have the right to determine anything. But it's all in a lot of people's posts, the ones that say they hope Orton sucks so they put Tebow in. It's all over this board.

I am just so damn sick of this fan division. At this point I just want both of them gone. So we can shed the Tebow 1st fans and move on and become a good fan base again...... Because quite honestly as a fan base, we are pathetic right now....

The Broncos always come 1st, before any player or coach. I support my team no matter who is coach or who is QB. As should all fans. I can be critical of them in certain aspects but at the end of the day I am always in our team's corner.

I think it's ridiculous that after just 3 games and we are 1-2 and could easily be 3-0 that the fans are calling for Fox's head. I thought we had more class than that as a fan base.....

Look lets be honest, not a lot of us were sold on him to begin with (he was the only coach with a worse record than us last year) Thus far he's done little to improve that perception. I'm still willing to give him 1-2 years before I judge but I completely understand why people feel the way they do about him currently.

Look lets be honest, not a lot of us were sold on him to begin with (he was the only coach with a worse record than us last year) Thus far he's done little to improve that perception. I'm still willing to give him 1-2 years before I judge but I completely understand why people feel the way they do about him currently.
    I just don't think it's fair to judge a guy off of 3 games with our team. What he did prior to coming here at this point is irrelevant, he is 1-2. We saw everyone call McD a genius after 3 games with us, look at how that turned out. Point being, you can't judge a guy off of one season, let alone 3 games.

We've lost two games by a combined TD.

'Anyone else hate how John Fox treats our fanbase?'

Not at all. I'd love more news to sink my teeth into too but he's doing fine and even though he's not bulletproof, he exudes a certain confidence at doing his job. Which we need

Other staffs around the league respect John Fox. Mike McKarthy just gave Fox a bunch of props this week. That's a big difference than with JMD. He was beginning to become unfeared due to lack of respect.

I'm not saying Fox is the best coach in the league but he's in the top half at least.
    ♪♫Chicken Parm ~you taste so good♫♪

since we're making assumptions like that your join date indicates that you just joined because your an orton fan thus an ortonite and part of the problem....

It's total and utter crap to lump someone into a group of people just based off when they joined....I lurked these forums for 4-5 years before I finally created an account and started posting....

He has an oppinion of his own and he's as welcome to it as you are. I can't stand orton I want him gone, are you going to accuse me of being nothing more than a tebow follower? (bronco fan since 96) I don't care who starts just so long as they win and Orton has never been capable of that in Denver.

I grow tired of everyone knows someones entire life story just based off how they feel about one specific player...If ya'll can't peacefully debate a subject why not just agree to disagree and end it there...I get so tired of it being a situation where person A has to beat person B into the ground until they share the same mindset (which rarely ever happens)
    I appreciate it Freyaka.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    The only reason why I put fans in quotations is because 90% of people who don't like Fox are Tebow fans 1st, Bronco fans 2nd. AKA Not True Fans
    I think that's a SERIOUS reach.

To say the least...

I agree here. I have said since the day he was hired that I was "cautiously optimistic" because if he does well, that means the Broncos do well.

But I said "cautiously" for a reason. The guy has had an up and down career. Yes, he made it to the SB once. But his career w/l is very mediocre. And then there's the matter of the abysmal performance by his previous team last year.

I am not sold on Fox long term at all. Nor am I ready to call for his head.

But clearly, he has as much to prove about what he can do, just as every player has to prove that they are the right choice for their jobs too.

panther fan here.

couple things...john fox really doesn't care about the fans. he doesn't like talking to the press. all he wants to do is do what he does and what you have seen him do. take that for what it is, because, well, he is what he is.

oh...those who are saying that fox isn't starting tebow because he's a puppet...i can pretty much guarantee you that isn't the case.

i'm not talking about fox being a puppet, btw...i don't have a thought or an opinion about that, nor do i care.

i'm talking about him starting tebow. it won't happen unless forced to do so and i can promise you that if fox did start tebow you probably would be less than enamored with the results and it's got nothing to do with tebow sucking or anything like that...not that he does. i don't have an opinion on that either.

john fox doesn't like developing players. he never has. i'm not sure he can....esp. on offense. he doesn't like giving guys much time in practice or in games that are still learning, regardless of their talent level.

john fox also has in his head what a QB should look like and play like and, like it or not, that isn't tim tebow. it's kyle orton. nothing flashy. nothing dominant. just someone who sits back in the pocket and will hand off a lot and throw occasionally and who can do an adequate job. he won't play tim tebow because that isn't what tim tebow does. that will never be what tim tebow does. if fox is forced to start him by injury or by edict of the front office, expect tebow to be forced to play within the confines of fox's limited view and role of a QB.

i said before that fox doesn't really care about the fans...but in a sense he does. he doesn't like being told what to do or forced in a certain direction so he'll fight it tooth and nail and do the opposite of what is expected just to prove a point. if orton goes down or fox is told to sit orton, he'll put brady quinn in...just because he's expected to start tebow.

now you'll probably have other panther fans come in and disagree with me and tell me i should respect fox because he got us to the superbowl one year a long time ago and he took us to another NFCCG a half decade ago, but 3 winning seasons in 9 years with no back to back winning seasons lets me know differently.

sorry you guys got stuck with fox after having to deal with mckid. hopefully you'll have more success down the road. i just have a feeling it's going to be a while. fox may get you guys to be better than what you are now, but anyone expecting much more than average from him shouldn't.

Hello Broncos Fans, Panthers fan here. Im so terribly sorry about you guys picking up Fox. I have tremendous respect for John Elway, but I feel like he made a bad choice here. Hopefully you guys don't have to suffer for long. If Elways has any sense, you will get a new and BETTER head coach within 2 years.

Us Panthers fans have been frustrated with Fox for many reasons. And you guys are just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Fox has many faults which include sticking to a failed gameplan instead of making halftime adjustments. We very rarely experienced any adjustments at all during the Fox era. Even when we were getting hammered, he was so determined to stick with his gameplan. He also thinks that a punt isn't a bad play and is a very conservative play caller who has an old time philosophy of run run run even though the league has turned into a passing league. Our offense was so predictable. Run-Run-Pass (unless 3rd and long - will be explained later)-Punt. Most of us could call the play before the ball was even snapped.

On defense, he goes by the rule of bend but don't break. That rule KILLS a defense and it's been one of our biggest issues with Fox. He won't stick your best CB against the best WR. Even when that CB is getting burned over and over by that receiver. Tight Ends will give you many problems. There have been countless number of games where tight ends have torched us and, just like on offense, there would be no adjustments to stop it. Another thing you guys will experience is the "backup QB curse" as we call it. Whenever a starting QB went down, we were filled with fear because that usually meant our defense would get torched by the backup and he would look like an All-Pro, Hall of Fame QB.

There are other issues we have with Fox such as starting "his guys" and never making a change even though that guy is getting out played by his backup. When Fox has his mind made up on who will start, he is very loyal to them till the bitter end (hence why Delhomme started for us for so long). Fox also has very poor clock management. There will be many times you wonder why you didn't call a TO before time ran off the clock. Also, most of the time when the clock is running down before halftime, Fox likes to take a knee or call a redundant run play instead of trying to go for a last second score. Another issue comes on 3rd and long plays. Almost all the time Fox will elect to run in those situations because like I said above he thinks a punt is a good play. He plays for field position all of the time. One last and very frustrating aspect of Foxball is that when you're up by a TD, the play calling will become even more conservative which will end up making you lose the game in the end.

Overall Fox is trapped in the old era of football. Which is why we only had 3 winning seasons out of 9 and no back to back winning seasons either. His philosophy is great for football 10-15 years ago. Right now, not much so. He plays not to lose instead of playing to win. He also loves a team filled with veterans because he either doesn't like to or has trouble with developing players. Especially QBs and WRs. He is a very stubborn and conservative coach. I hope within the next couple years you guys find someone better and return to your glory days. Thanks for your time.

Oh and if Tebow wants to start at all in his career, he has to demand to be traded or wait until Fox is gone. Fox HATES rookie/young QBs and will always take the older veteran. Always.
    Last edited by Claws; 09-30-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Not true at all. We've been sold out for a long, long time, and we will continue to be sold out.

I have season tickets, and I can promise you, I'll be at every game, REGARDLESS of our record, or who our starting QB is.
    Firstly, what I said was that you shouldnt go to the games..buy tickets...buy sweaters/jerseys..etc..that will get the point across to Fox and his dumb way of playing football!

Secondly, why would you go to a game where your team looses...yet you know there is a way that they can get better..and succeed?!
    Instead you go to the games and watch the idiotic play calling, coaching and playing in general..all the while knowing it could be different..better..exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by GB2!!! View Post
    Secondly, why would you go to a game where your team looses...yet you know there is a way that they can get better..and succeed?!
    Instead you go to the games and watch the idiotic play calling, coaching and playing in general..all the while knowing it could be different..better..exciting!
    And here is the difference between a Broncos fan and a Broncos bandwagoner.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

What? Why? Just look at his past nine years 3 winning seasons out of 9 come on man wake up. Fox gets lucky at best. Fox is the Kyle Orton of Football Coaches.