• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ERoyal248
    All-Pro
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by johnny.utah View Post
    LOL didn't we give up ALOT of picks for a certain quarterback from florida.......

luck is more proven, played in a pro style offense, and is deff on elways good graces since he's from stanford.

again... E F X HAS NO TIES TO TEBOW. to them it will not be a waste of a pick if they package him in a trade to get luck.

and if luck ends up being an elite qb you will all quickly forget the whole tebow debacle that has been distracting the broncos.
    Certain boy from Florida cost a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

To get Luck is we're not picking #1 overall will cost a 1st this year and next, 2nd this year and next, 3rd this year and next plus some players too.

Point being we are in no position to trade the farm for Luck as good as he may be.

As for the plan, no idea what to expect, i'd rather go defense and other spots instead of a QB.

Comment

• Crazy8
      Playmaker
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by RustyGator View Post
      Agree. If they plan on picking a QB at #1, they might as well trade away Tebow and watch him take over the franchise they trade him to. People underestimate "will."
      Sometimes people over-estimate will and under-estimate talent. Usually it's the people who don't have the talent.

It all comes down to the work done. Tebow hasn't put the work in to be a finished product at the QB position. Therefore, he hasn't shown the talent as a finished QB product.

While someone like Andrew Luck isn't a finished QB product, he's light years ahead of where Tebow currently is, and he's played at a high level.

So, yeah, Tebow could become a great QB down the road with great mechanics in theory. He hasn't shown it yet, but it could happen. While with someone like Luck, he has shown it, and it has happened. With one, we're dealing with something that's already happened. With the other, we're looking at what could possibly happen. But it also might not happen. We have to allow for that as well.

Comment

• Shsonline
        Bench Warmer
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
        Sometimes people over-estimate will and under-estimate talent. Usually it's the people who don't have the talent.

It all comes down to the work done. Tebow hasn't put the work in to be a finished product at the QB position. Therefore, he hasn't shown the talent as a finished QB product.

While someone like Andrew Luck isn't a finished QB product, he's light years ahead of where Tebow currently is, and he's played at a high level.

So, yeah, Tebow could become a great QB down the road with great mechanics in theory. He hasn't shown it yet, but it could happen. While with someone like Luck, he has shown it, and it has happened. With one, we're dealing with something that's already happened. With the other, we're looking at what could possibly happen. But it also might not happen. We have to allow for that as well.
        Theres no such thing as a can't miss QB prospect in an NFL draft. While it is not expected, most highly 1st round QBs aren't EXPECTED to be busts, and yet some still turn out to be.
        XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• aaron.moberg
          Practice Squad
          • Oct 2010

to risk any value damage to tim tebow, they will have him ride pine for the season.

more than likely we will be drafting in the top 5.

elway is deff in love with luck and has been keeping an eye on him. i suspect he will package tebow in with picks in order to grab the #1 spot for luck.

i feel confident we can draft him and am very excited. For this will end the tebow debacle and drive out all his crazy stalker fans to another team.
          Your confidence is not accurate. The Broncos have a almost zero chance of drafting Luck. The fact is, no team will trade Luck. With how much he has been hyped it won't happen. A shot at the next Manning will sound amazing to any team. And no team except maybe Carolina with Cam would pass. And the Broncos will not have the worst record. Sorry, but even with Orton all year, we don't have a shot at Luck.

I personally would rather spend our top pick on defense. Build an amazing team, see if Tebow is the guy and if he isn't have a great team to install a different rookie into down the road.
          sigpic
          MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
          Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

• johnny.utah
            Banned User
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by aaron.moberg View Post
            Your confidence is not accurate. The Broncos have a almost zero chance of drafting Luck. The fact is, no team will trade Luck. With how much he has been hyped it won't happen. A shot at the next Manning will sound amazing to any team. And no team except maybe Carolina with Cam would pass. And the Broncos will not have the worst record. Sorry, but even with Orton all year, we don't have a shot at Luck.

I personally would rather spend our top pick on defense. Build an amazing team, see if Tebow is the guy and if he isn't have a great team to install a different rookie into down the road.
            I believe you are wrong, with orton behind the helm i can honestly say we do not win more than 3 games this year. With tebow maybe less, who knows. But with fox's stubborn-ness (see jake delhomme) it is most certain fox will ride this flaming chariot to hell before we change the driver. The only games I see us winning is one KC game and the Vikings game.

Comment

• shawinkerpoppin
              Special Teams
              • Jul 2011

Next draft I want the broncos to draft Kirk Patrick all the way. The secondary needs help more than the front seven based on the past two weeks. And if quinn or tebow dont pan out this year to warrant a second season starting then I wouldnt mind them trading back into the first to draft foles or RG3 if he falls that deep with whats left of there draft. It would be another gamble in free agency but your not gonna find a future franchise QB and shut down corner in free agency.

Comment

• nyuk nyuk
                Banned User
                • Dec 2010

LOL didn't we give up ALOT of picks for a certain quarterback from florida.......
                Not that many, and certainly not what it would take to get Luck.

luck is more proven, played in a pro style offense, and is deff on elways good graces since he's from stanford.
                Cronyism aside, he's only had 2 years of college ball. I'd hardly call that proven.

and if luck ends up being an elite qb you will all quickly forget the whole tebow debacle that has been distracting the broncos.
                And if Tebow ends more elite than Luck?

Comment

• SmokeBassett
                  Banned User
                  • Feb 2007

I would see how well Orton plays through the 8th game. If Orton improves to the level of Consistent Franchise QB, then we let him play the rest of the season. In the offseason, we make the decision: Do we want Orton to be the franchise? If not, we let him walk.

If Orton does not rise to the level of Consistent Franchise QB by mid-season, then we let Tebow play the second half of the season.

In this scenario, which is more likely, both QBs will have had their chance to play. We do not re-sign Orton. If Tebow hasn't showed us enough, then we hope Luck, Barkley or Jones are available to us in the draft.

Comment

• LandofOrange
                    Practice Squad
                    • Sep 2011

1-The Broncos stand no chance of getting Luck. They will win 5-7 games this year (barring more injuries). To have a chance at Luck you need three wins or less. Unless Luck suffers some horrendous injury that puts his career into serious doubt he will be the #1 overall pick.

2-This team has too many holes (running back, defensive tackle, defensive back, not to mention needing to build depth) to trade multiple picks to try and move up to get luck.

3-Orton will not be a Bronco next year. His contract is up and he’ll be headed out of town as fast as he can to Seattle or Miami. He might go to Minnesota, but I think they’ll turn to Ponder in the next few weeks. Depending upon Manning’s status going into next season Orton could find himself wearing a Colts uniform.

4-The Broncos are likely to draft a quarterback given Orton’s and Quinn’s contracts are both up, but it’ll be in the second or third round. There aren’t as many teams desperate for quarterbacks in the upcoming draft as there has been in the past two years. Quality QBs should slide rather than rise like this year.

5-They will not trade Tebow. Tebow has no trade value . The only way that changes is if he plays and plays well. If he plays well they won’t trade him. If he plays poorly his trade value remains zero. The only reason to trade him would be to save face. He was McDaniel’s choice and I don't see Elway caring if they save McDaniel's reputation (is there one to save?)
                    landoforange.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X