Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1801

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I know you like Blake and the Clippers, but alls they've ever done is underachieve. Plus they have one of the best coaches in the game. So what's the problem? I think they need to make a trade, mix things up some, because the chemistry isn't right or something.
    Griffin can't shoot and CP3 folds in the big moment

Is anyone really afraid of Deandre Jordan or Jj Redick?

Not enough fire power for the Clippers to go from good to great, IMO

The Cavs roster will get adjusted. We actually have one roster spot open right now. Griffin has something up his sleeve.

We could go out and sign Jarret Jack, he's a back up point guard. We need the bodies, just like LeBron said.

Birdman needs to be bought out. Lue is refusing to play McCrae, and the rookie. His rotation is way too small for the regular season imo.

We need to make a couple of moves, and we'll be fine. We need someone that can set up the offense besides LeBron (backup point guard), and maybe a big man. I just read the Cavs turned the Kncks down for a Love/Anthony trade which was smart imo.

Only LBJ and Kyrie are averaging over 2 assists a game average. 2 players, that's it, and it's weak. The Warriors have 7 players averaging over 2 assists per.
    You're lucky I'm not the GM, cause I would've been like, "Throw in a big, and you got a deal." I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    This is because they're actually a unit. A team of players and a quality coach

I didn't come to the NBA thread to hate on the NBA but I really wish there were a harder cap or something. The lack of competitive balance from top to bottom in the league makes it really hard for me to be interested

Why watch the regular season if we all know the finals are going to come down to a combination of Golden State/San Antonio vs Cleveland? Don't try to convince me Toronto or Houston or anyone else even has a shot...
    I can't argue with any of that. lol. Spot on. Problem with a hard cap though, is you're still going to have guys taking less money. And in the meantime, we got teams making one sided trades to make room.

I think Charles Oakley is fed up with the Knicks lol.

I think Charles Oakley is fed up with the Knicks lol.
    ALL of us are lol. I've wanted to choke James Dolan since 2002. Phil Jax is next.

Why oh why did I leave the Lakers for these bozos!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    ALL of us are lol. I've wanted to choke James Dolan since 2002. Phil Jax is next.

Why oh why did I leave the Lakers for these bozos!!
    I kinda hope Melo stays just to piss Phil Jackson off.

Dolan was wrong for what he did to Oakley, what a shame.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Jazz could really use PG help but not likely to happen at trade deadline........It's a shame too- this is a very good team that just needs consistency when George Hill is out.

I'm feeling better about my Cavs. Even though Love & JR are out. That Kyle Korver is dangerous, wow! The Williams pick up is working. If we are healthy come playoff time we can give the Warriors all they can handle.

I'm feeling better about my Cavs. Even though Love & JR are out. That Kyle Korver is dangerous, wow! The Williams pick up is working. If we are healthy come playoff time we can give the Warriors all they can handle.
    Right on. Williams gives us a little more athleticism inside, and he's got range. I watched him step out and check a sg or sf for IND tonight, and watched him stay with the guy off the dribble. You don't see that very often from the Cavs. They have to play a lot of help defense. Looks like Lue still has some things to work out on the rotation w/McRae, Felder, and Liggins so, the Love thing is good in a way.

Last edited by Spice 1; 04-05-2017 at 07:27 PM.

I'm not a Cavs fan, but that was an epic comeback tonight. And I love watching guys like Stephenson acting cocky, then totally disappear and look like a fool as he watches the meltdown. Way to choke Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I'm not a Cavs fan, but that was an epic comeback tonight. And I love watching guys like Stephenson acting cocky, then totally disappear and look like a fool as he watches the meltdown. Way to choke Pacers.
    That was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Reminded me of the 2009 and 2010 Cavs. LeBron can beat most teams with nothing but role players when he's dialed in. Grant it, he needs another star like Kyrie to get over the hump. Everybody does. But as is always the case w/LeBron, he doesn't start really playing until his back is against the wall. Sometimes when Kyrie and Love are in the game, he's too complacent. He was like that at times with Wade and Bosh too. Last night was a perfect example. He doesn't have the same 24/7 killer instinct that MJ and Kobe had, but when he does have it, he may be the best I've ever seen. Not from just a scoring perspective. Give that one to JWest, Kobe, and MJ. I mean as an all around player.

Idt LeBron should be anywhere near the MVP Award this year, but he's been the best overall player in the league for over 10 years now, IMO. No offense to KLeonard, he's great, but LeBron's third year in the league he was taking the Pistons to 7 games in the semis with Snow, Hughes, Gooden, and Ilgauskus. You put Leonard on the Nets right now, and Idk where that team winds up.

None of this even matters if the Cavs don't start putting 4 quarters together defensively, and even then they'll probably have to deal with the Warriors. There are about 4 teams that could beat them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Reminded me of the 2009 and 2010 Cavs. LeBron can beat most teams with nothing but role players when he's dialed in. Grant it, he needs another star like Kyrie to get over the hump. Everybody does. But as is always the case w/LeBron, he doesn't start really playing until his back is against the wall. Sometimes when Kyrie and Love are in the game, he's too complacent. He was like that at times with Wade and Bosh too. Last night was a perfect example. He doesn't have the same 24/7 killer instinct that MJ and Kobe had, but when he does have it, he may be the best I've ever seen. Not from just a scoring perspective. Give that one to JWest, Kobe, and MJ. I mean as an all around player.

Idt LeBron should be anywhere near the MVP Award this year, but he's been the best overall player in the league for over 10 years now, IMO. No offense to KLeonard, he's great, but LeBron's third year in the league he was taking the Pistons to 7 games in the semis with Snow, Hughes, Gooden, and Ilgauskus. You put Leonard on the Nets right now, and Idk where that team winds up.

None of this even matters if the Cavs don't start putting 4 quarters together defensively, and even then they'll probably have to deal with the Warriors. There are about 4 teams that could beat them right now.
    4?? I still think only the warriors and Spurs can. Houston offensively could provide a challenge but the play 0 defense. Lebron usually eats those teams alive. Granted warriors are great defensively either but they still provide more resistance when they have to.

And I don't think Utah or Clippers are built enough to do it. And no one in the Eastern conference is built to.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    4?? I still think only the warriors and Spurs can. Houston offensively could provide a challenge but the play 0 defense. Lebron usually eats those teams alive. Granted warriors are great defensively either but they still provide more resistance when they have to.

And I don't think Utah or Clippers are built enough to do it. And no one in the Eastern conference is built to.
    Playing defense the way the Cavs are right now? Rockets and Wizards could beat them. Not that it matter though, because we both know the Houston Rockets aren't going to the NBA Finals.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 04-21-2017 at 11:03 AM.