Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1748

Thread: NBA Thread

  1. #1711
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    25,003
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    They have the best road record in the NBA.
    Let's see them keep it up at their age
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  2. #1712
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,936
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Let's see them keep it up at their age
    I think I've said this about San Antonio for the last 5 years. They may finally fall to old age this year. Maybe.

  3. #1713
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I think I've said this about San Antonio for the last 5 years. They may finally fall to old age this year. Maybe.
    Tony Parker has been playing well of late. As a Cavs fan I can tell you this, I'd rather play the Warriors opposed to the Spurs in the finals. The Spurs and Pop always give LeBron trouble.

  4. #1714
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    25,003
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Tony Parker has been playing well of late. As a Cavs fan I can tell you this, I'd rather play the Warriors opposed to the Spurs in the finals. The Spurs and Pop always give LeBron trouble.
    I still think that their age will come to haunt them. Outside of Leonard, all their best players are 30+, and I'm still worried about their D. Then again I've never been able to stand them, and I LOVE LAC's roster
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  5. #1715
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I still think that their age will come to haunt them. Outside of Leonard, all their best players are 30+, and I'm still worried about their D. Then again I've never been able to stand them, and I LOVE LAC's roster
    I know you like Blake and the Clippers, but alls they've ever done is underachieve. Plus they have one of the best coaches in the game. So what's the problem? I think they need to make a trade, mix things up some, because the chemistry isn't right or something.

  6. #1716
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,715
    Well, that turned out to be a farce. Cavs got their doors blown off.

  7. #1717
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Well, that turned out to be a farce. Cavs got their doors blown off.
    Yeah, the same thing happened last year in the regular season. Now Golden St is 1-4 in the last 5 against us.

  8. #1718
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,274
    4th straight for the Jazz and playing really well as a team.
    Rudy Gobert deserves an all star spot but getting guys voted in from Utah is tough. I wish the Jazz got some more national attention because they are a fun group to watch.

  9. #1719
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,694
    Yo spice.... The Cavs are hurting bro!!! Losing 4 of 7. Kyrie drops 49, LeBron drops a triple double, and they still lose to the Pelicans without Davis?

    LeBron is screaming out at the front office through the media. I keep hearing we need a backup point guard, we need a playmaker.

    They need a big man as well imo. I'm getting discouraged. The rotation stinks, Kyrie, LeBron & Love are logging too many minutes. I wouldn't want to be in Griffin's shoes right now, I know that. Something has to change, and they may have to give up a Shump, or someone to get something solid in return.

    Man, how fast things can change. I know, this is the part where you say it's midseason & that this happens every year, and I'm overreacting lol. What's your take on this situation?

  10. #1720
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Yo spice.... The Cavs are hurting bro!!! Losing 4 of 7. Kyrie drops 49, LeBron drops a triple double, and they still lose to the Pelicans without Davis?

    LeBron is screaming out at the front office through the media. I keep hearing we need a backup point guard, we need a playmaker.

    They need a big man as well imo. I'm getting discouraged. The rotation stinks, Kyrie, LeBron & Love are logging too many minutes. I wouldn't want to be in Griffin's shoes right now, I know that. Something has to change, and they may have to give up a Shump, or someone to get something solid in return.

    Man, how fast things can change. I know, this is the part where you say it's midseason & that this happens every year, and I'm overreacting lol. What's your take on this situation?
    Complete honesty. I really don't care. We won last year. lol.

    They mortgaged this team's future to bring in too many old guys. Delly was a huuuuuge loss, and that's the main problem. They didn't play good defense until late last year, and there's no way they're going to flip the switch this year w/o him. Not having an elite pick and roll point guard (and Delly is every bit of that), who can pressure the ball in relief for Kyrie took too much away. PGs who bring defensive intensity are contagious to the rest of the team defensively. I do have a feeling they'll turn it around offensively, though. Need to get JR back as well. Don't see them beating GS, even though GS still does the same stupid stuff that got them beat last year. GS plays basketball like it's a pick up game, but they're so much better than everyone else that it doesn't matter if they take stupid shots and turn the ball over in critical situations.

    McGee has been good enough, and Durant is balling. Durant has really become the complete player I didn't think he would ever be.

  11. #1721
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Complete honesty. I really don't care. We won last year. lol.

    They mortgaged this team's future to bring in too many old guys. Delly was a huuuuuge loss, and that's the main problem. They didn't play good defense until late last year, and there's no way they're going to flip the switch this year w/o him. Not having an elite pick and roll point guard (and Delly is every bit of that), who can pressure the ball in relief for Kyrie took too much away. PGs who bring defensive intensity are contagious to the rest of the team defensively. I do have a feeling they'll turn it around offensively, though. Need to get JR back as well. Don't see them beating GS, even though GS still does the same stupid stuff that got them beat last year. GS plays basketball like it's a pick up game, but they're so much better than everyone else that it doesn't matter if they take stupid shots and turn the ball over in critical situations.

    McGee has been good enough, and Durant is balling. Durant has really become the complete player I didn't think he would ever be.
    Man, this post has me thinking why bother watching anymore NBA this year lol.

  12. #1722
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Man, this post has me thinking why bother watching anymore NBA this year lol.
    I'll definitely be watching the playoffs, though. I remember all the heartbreak that came with being a Cavs fan before LeBron. Even if they get smashed in the Finals, or worse don't even make it, I'll watch. LeBron steps his game up in the playoffs, and you never know with injuries. Durant likes to disappear in the playoffs, and with the Warriors care free approach, you just never know. Something crazy could happen. Like you said, LeBron is playing a LOT of minutes this year, though. Don't know how much gas he's going to have left.

  13. #1723
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I'll definitely be watching the playoffs, though. I remember all the heartbreak that came with being a Cavs fan before LeBron. Even if they get smashed in the Finals, or worse don't even make it, I'll watch. LeBron steps his game up in the playoffs, and you never know with injuries. Durant likes to disappear in the playoffs, and with the Warriors care free approach, you just never know. Something crazy could happen. Like you said, LeBron is playing a LOT of minutes this year, though. Don't know how much gas he's going to have left.
    The Cavs roster will get adjusted. We actually have one roster spot open right now. Griffin has something up his sleeve.

    We could go out and sign Jarret Jack, he's a back up point guard. We need the bodies, just like LeBron said.

    Birdman needs to be bought out. Lue is refusing to play McCrae, and the rookie. His rotation is way too small for the regular season imo.

    We need to make a couple of moves, and we'll be fine. We need someone that can set up the offense besides LeBron (backup point guard), and maybe a big man. I just read the Cavs turned the Kncks down for a Love/Anthony trade which was smart imo.

    Only LBJ and Kyrie are averaging over 2 assists a game average. 2 players, that's it, and it's weak. The Warriors have 7 players averaging over 2 assists per.

  14. #1724
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,694
    We need JR Smith back too. I think that dude may be the heart of the team

  15. #1725
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Tony Parker has been playing well of late. As a Cavs fan I can tell you this, I'd rather play the Warriors opposed to the Spurs in the finals. The Spurs and Pop always give LeBron trouble.
    This is because they're actually a unit. A team of players and a quality coach

    I didn't come to the NBA thread to hate on the NBA but I really wish there were a harder cap or something. The lack of competitive balance from top to bottom in the league makes it really hard for me to be interested

    Why watch the regular season if we all know the finals are going to come down to a combination of Golden State/San Antonio vs Cleveland? Don't try to convince me Toronto or Houston or anyone else even has a shot...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •