Page 66 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

I'll take CLE & so far Fred Hoiberg is the leading candidate to replace Thibs

This layoff between the conference finals, and the finals may be good for Kyrie, and Clay, it's bad for me! I'm chomping at the bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    This layoff between the conference finals, and the finals may be good for Kyrie, and Clay, it's bad for me! I'm chomping at the bit.
    Concussions can take a lot longer to recover from, than just this

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Concussions can take a lot longer to recover from, than just this
    Hopefully he's ready Thursday, I don't want any excuses when the Cavaliers win.

Hopefully he's ready Thursday, I don't want any excuses when the Cavaliers win.
    I want wins. I don't care how, just that CLE wins

I'm not going to argue with that. Go Cavs!

Yup, go CAVS
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

The time is getting near. It doesn't look like Kyrie will be 100%, and it looks like Thompson has passed concussion protocol, and will start game 1. Lebron, and the Cavaliers are major underdogs according to most pundits, and Vegas. People are acting like this is the worst team that Lebron has played on in the finals, which is nonsense, and if Love was healthy I could argue that this is the best team Lebron has played on in the finals. Go Cavs!!!

CLE needs to pound them inside & shoot like they did against CHI

The time is getting near. It doesn't look like Kyrie will be 100%, and it looks like Thompson has passed concussion protocol, and will start game 1. Lebron, and the Cavaliers are major underdogs according to most pundits, and Vegas. People are acting like this is the worst team that Lebron has played on in the finals, which is nonsense, and if Love was healthy I could argue that this is the best team Lebron has played on in the finals. Go Cavs!!!
    As much as I want Cleveland to lose and do think the Warriors are the better team I actually agree 100% with your assessment. I've been arguing this for weeks with a co-worker. He says it's the worst team because they aren't household names. Which is stupid. Name recognition has nothing to do with talent quality.

I don't care about Wade and Bosch. Outside of those 3 that roster was garbage. They were lucky to scrape out their 2nd title out of the 4 they went to. The two losses were an exposed team. And OKC was the only time they really dominated.

This team may not be household yet. But they are by far the deepest roster Lebron has ever played with. I feared this result the day the Nuggets and Knicks were stupid enough to trade Mozgov, Smith and Shumpert to the Cavs. People said "Oh those aren't stars". Well Mozgov will be soon and if you realize they are role players then Smith and Shumpert are studs as well. Yes they lost Love but this roster is still really deep. People just don't know it yet. But I see the talent.

They may not win this year but I fully believe the Cavs are built to win several titles in the next couple of years. I'm just hoping this isn't the year.

But that roster is why I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs win the title.

Agree, LeBron's taken worse teams to the finals. '06-'07, case closed. It's not even close, though. lol. Hearing people try to debate it just makes me laugh. I'd like to see those people email their team's GMs, and tell them to go out and sign Drew Gooden and Sasha Pavlovich.

Is it just me, or does Dan Lebatard come off as the ultimate bitter Heat fan? He says he roots for LeBron, but I'm pretty sure that's a lie. Who other than a bitter Miami Heat fan would say something like, "LeBron went back to Cleveland to get away from the pressure of not winning with Wade and Bosh on his team." That's a total Heat homer statement. Not only the part about LeBron's motivations, but the part about how good he thinks the rest of the country perceives Wade to be. Wade's knees have been shot for a couple years now, and he's never won crap w/o Shaq or LeBron. Wade's a great player (top100, maybe top50), but he's never been a winner w/o a legend on his team. Heat fans hating LeBron kind of baffles me. They need to hate Shaq and Alonzo Mourning while they're at it. Just to keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Agree, LeBron's taken worse teams to the finals. '06-'07, case closed. It's not even close, though. lol. Hearing people try to debate it just makes me laugh. I'd like to see those people email their team's GMs, and tell them to go out and sign Drew Gooden and Sasha Pavlovich.

Is it just me, or does Dan Lebatard come off as the ultimate bitter Heat fan? He says he roots for LeBron, but I'm pretty sure that's a lie. Who other than a bitter Miami Heat fan would say something like, "LeBron went back to Cleveland to get away from the pressure of not winning with Wade and Bosh on his team." That's a total Heat homer statement. Not only the part about LeBron's motivations, but the part about how good he thinks the rest of the country perceives Wade to be. Wade's knees have been shot for a couple years now, and he's never won crap w/o Shaq or LeBron. Wade's a great player (top100, maybe top50), but he's never been a winner w/o a legend on his team. Heat fans hating LeBron kind of baffles me. They need to hate Shaq and Alonzo Mourning while they're at it. Just to keep it real.
    Ok come on now. Don't act like 90% of Cavs fans weren't the exact same way when Lebron left Cleveland. And then all was forgiven when he came back.

Cavs fans = Heat fans

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Ok come on now. Don't act like 90% of Cavs fans weren't the exact same way when Lebron left Cleveland. And then all was forgiven when he came back.

Cavs fans = Heat fans
    You honestly can't tell the difference between LeBron leaving Cleveland and LeBron leaving Miami?

Unhappy

Lebron is back in Cleveland for many reasons.
    1) Dwayne Wade's health, the dude cannot stay healthy, his better days are behind him.

2) The way that Pat Riley treated Lebron's supporting cast, his mom, Carter, and company weren't given the proper privileges that Lebron thought they should've.

3) Lebron, and especially his wife wanted to go home. Come on, people who are married, you know how it works. What the wife wants, she gets.

I think ultimately Lebron looked at the situation, and just felt better about going home than staying in Miami. He looked at Kyrie, a young rising star, opposed to a aging always hurt Dwayne Wade, and the rest of that garbage roster in Miami, and said I can go play with players who can help me win a championship, or I can stay, and try to carry this roster to the finals myself. Easy decision.

Lebatard is wrong, there's more pressure of winning in Cleveland. Cleveland has the better roster so more is expected, Cleveland hasn't won a championship since the 60's, sure Lebron said in his essay it'd take time, and for people to have patience, but as soon as he signed people were talking titles.

Big difference the Cleveland fans, and Miami fans is that Lebron is from the area, a hometown guy, and was the one great Cleveland hope, and Miami was just handed greatness, handed 4 straight finals appearances, and two championships. These Miami fans are the same fans that had been given two championships, and still wouldn't show up to the games until halftime.

Then you add in the fact that Lebron went on national television to tell those Cleveland fans that sold out the Q every night to tell them he was taking his talents to south beach. Cleveland fans had their hearts ripped out, Miami fans should be thankful for what they were given.

Lebron gave Miami four straight finals, and two titles, be thankful that he chose you! I know even though I stuck with Kyrie, and the Cavs I'm thankful Lebron decided to come home. Go Cavs!!!

Hey, Denverblood, did you ever think for one minute that Moz was this good when he was with the Nuggets? I'm not saying he's the next Shaq, but he's a top center in this league, what'd the Nuggets miss?