PEYTON MANNING news, updates and discussion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maharishineo
    Special Teams
    • Sep 2007

@ Broncos Freak: Actually, I was responding to Cory's assertion that signing with the Titans would signal that it's been all about the money for Manning.

Personally, I feel like staying in the AFC South would be more reason to sign with the Titans. The Colts aren't expected to contend for the next 2-3 years anyway (look at how they're gutting their organization). It'd make sense to stay in the South because that's where he has the most familiarity with his division rivals.

Comment

• LegionOfVonDoom
      Starter
      • Dec 2011

Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi

Retweet
      Favorite
      · Open

RT @davemeisner: do you expect Ty Warren to be a big part of the Broncos next season? ------yes. He's working out. One year left on deal

Comment

• Thors Hammer
        Football Immortal
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
        I think it's well documented he wouldn't have made it that far, but I get what you are saying.
        Viking's coach Brad Childress said he was going to draft him at the end of the first and have him learn behind future Hall Of Fame QB.
        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
        Adopted By:
        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
        Broncbeat

Comment

• CoryWinget81
          five thousand, 800 and uh
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
          Viking's coach Brad Childress said he was going to draft him at the end of the first and have him learn behind future Hall Of Fame QB.
          I remember all of that stuff, and it only magnifies my point.

We blew 3 picks on a project.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• BroncosDivision
            #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
            • Sep 2009

What's the latest on Manning? Has he been seen with Titans brass yet?
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• BroncoFanNC
              Playmaker
              • May 2010

RT @gmerdick: We did not suck for Luck - we went panning for Manning - hopefully we'll strike gold!!
              Panning for Manning!
              sigpic

Comment

• CoryWinget81
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                What's the latest on Manning? Has he been seen with Titans brass yet?
                I don't think so, but it doesn't mean he's not with them. He surfaced in Indy seemingly under everyone's nose.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• samparnell
                  Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  I remember all of that stuff, and it only magnifies my point.

We blew 3 picks on a project.
                  It might be more accurate to state that the Broncos spent three draft choices (none of which were first round) on a project at QB who would not have been available in the second round, as you previously stated.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Mk2_Tebow
                    Bench Warmer
                    • May 2010

I think it's a "first round mistake" thing.
                    I get you don't want Tebow but can we do away with the myth that he is a bust?

This is what your bust did in his first 16 starts (includes 2 post season games)

Passing yards 2835
                    Rushing yards 950
                    Total TDs 31
                    INTs 9
                    Fumbles 7

That's almost 4000 yards combined and over 30 Tds, measured against the first 16 starts of all current 31 NFL starters, he is in the top 10 in yards and Tds .

Tebow is not a bust. That is a myth because he does not throw pretty spirals. Instead of jacking his completion percentage to 60% with dump passes , he ran for the yards himself.

Tebow is just different, I get half of the board members don't want him but lets stop with the mistake thing.
                    This says nothing about leadership intangibles or late game clutch play, two things you can't teach.

I wan't Manning but Tebow is certainly worth developing also if possible.
                    Last edited by Mk2_Tebow; 03-13-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                      #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
                      • Sep 2009

I don't think so, but it doesn't mean he's not with them. He surfaced in Indy seemingly under everyone's nose.
                      Indeed.

Hopefully he'll meet with them soon and we'll have a decision later today. This is wearing me out.
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• bronx_2003
                        Banned User
                        • Oct 2003

Miami and Tenn don't worry me at all.

Schefter reported 30 mins ago that he doesn't expect Miami has a realistic shot and I've been on Tenn's forum and they don't think their cap is very good, saying they can't afford any of PM's players.

Which makes sense because they couldn't re-sign one of their best player in Finnegan.

Its still us and the Cards, with us as favorite IMO.

Comment

• yaz96
                          Special Teams
                          • Mar 2009

So, NFL Network has Miami in first now, and we dropped to 2nd.

I'm assuming the Titans will be in first after their meeting. That whole thing is just stupid. They have no clue.

Where is this season going?

Comment

• CoryWinget81
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
                            I get you don't want Tebow but can we do away with the myth that he is a bust?

This is what your bust did in his first 16 starts (includes 2 post season games)

Passing yards 2835
                            Rushing yards 950
                            Total TDs 31
                            INTs 9
                            Fumbles 7

That's almost 4000 yards combined and over 30 Tds, measured against the first 16 starts of all current 31 NFL starters, he is in the top 10 in yards and Tds .

Tebow is not a bust. That is a myth because he does not throw pretty spirals. Instead of jacking his compeltion percentage to 60% with dump passes , he ran for the yards himself.

Tebow is just different, I get half of the board memebers don't want him but lets stop with the mistake thing.
                            This says nothing about leadership intangibles or late game clutch play, two things you can't teach.

I wan't Manning but Tebow is certianly worth developing also if possible.
                            He ran because he had to, not because he wanted to.

He's got GLARING issues throwing the ball.

If you took his name out of the equation, gave his stats to scouts and asked them if they would have spent 3 picks drafting him in the first round, you'd get laughed out of the room.

PM me if you wanna talk about Tebow, I don't wanna get off topic here.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Ex-Coltsfan
                              Practice Squad
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                              I wonder if these flood the boards if we sign Manning.
                              Hey, that's me.

I am hoping that Manning goes to the Broncos and with Manning it is not about the money, he wants to win another Super Bowl or two.

Comment

• bronx_2003
                                Banned User
                                • Oct 2003

Tampa Bay, Cincinnati and Denver have most cap room. Tampa Bay is about $44 million under cap, Cincinnati $41 million, Denver $38 million.

Schefter - Nice to know

Comment

Working...
                                X