Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1660
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I like Reyes too but he very well could be there when we pick in the 2nd round and not worth trading away a first round pick for.
    If not, who do we get at DT. If we RB in 1st, who plays DT?

ignoring the future for a win now mentality never works out well.
    Tell that to EFX who just traded our future (he was drafted as that) and signed a 36 yr old QB who missed all lasr season. I love tje move, but it screams win now. I am usually a "build for the future" guy, but these moves make me think win now.

What better way tjan to trade for the best talent?

With the exception of one RB and a QB I see an all defense draft. We filled holes at TE and WR during free agency. DT is a must and with Porter only on a 1 year contract expect a CB.

Dixon Visiting
    Jeff Sperbeck ‏ @jeffsperbeck
    #dennisdixon visiting the #denverbroncos today. Wud b great to learn from one of the greatest #peytonmanning.
    Retweeted by gary miller
    Not sure how reliable this guy is, but I would much rather have Dennis Dixon than Caleb Hanie.
    Last edited by Den615; 03-24-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Its only stupid if it doesnt work out. I say go for a championship for Champ, Dawk, and PM. We owe it to them.
    I wouldn't trade a future 1st for Reyes, he's good but not THAT good where next years draft class could be pretty good.

I do, but you don't trade away the future.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I wouldn't trade a future 1st for Reyes, he's good but not THAT good where next years draft class could be pretty good.

I do, but you don't trade away the future.
    I understand your logic, and share your feelings usually. Not this year. We can agree to disagree. I have a feeling about Reyes. If we dont make the trade, i hope we take him at 25 ( if Cox is gone).

Wallace isn't coming here.
    That really wasn't my point of my post. My point is to the people clamoring about getting all these high profile FA. Big money now leads to no money later. Which would mean losing our great young talent. That's exactly what happened to the Texans this year. They had 3 big hits in 2006 nfl draft in rounds 1 2 3 in Williams, Ryans, and Winston. All couldn't be retained due to money reasons. We can't have that here. I just used Wallace as an example, but it applies to all the other high priced FA that people want. We got our one big fish in Manning.

Stay away from high priced FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    Not sure how reliable this guy is, but I would much rather have Dennis Dixon than Caleb Hanie.
    Denver Post reported that as if yesterday we were in negotiations to finish getting Hanie signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    That really wasn't my point of my post. My point is to the people clamoring about getting all these high profile FA. Big money now leads to no money later. Which would mean losing our great young talent. That's exactly what happened to the Texans this year. They had 3 big hits in 2006 nfl draft in rounds 1 2 3 in Williams, Ryans, and Winston. All couldn't be retained due to money reasons. We can't have that here. I just used Wallace as an example, but it applies to all the other high priced FA that people want. We got our one big fish in Manning.

Stay away from high priced FA.
    In that case, why didnt we sign our own young talent in Bunk?

Denver Post reported that as if yesterday we were in negotiations to finish getting Hanie signed.
    I hope it isn't to be our #2. I'm all for bringing Colorado guys home, but Hanie was the worst guy in the league who got significant playing time last year.

I have a hard time believing Hanie could beat out Weber honestly. If we bring him in I hope it is to be our #3.

The players available in the draft pool and how they are currently ranked would seem to indicate a greater liklihood that the Broncos will draft a DT with their first pick. Two or three good ones might be available at #25; options.

If that happened and they drafted a RB with their second pick, that guy might be Isaiah Pead unless Lamar Miller or David Wilson fell to #57.

Who knows? Maybe the Broncos would take Doug Martin with their first pick? I doubt that Trent Richardson would fall all the way to #25.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

"If you really want play-action, you better pull a guard." ~ Greg Roman

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    In that case, why didnt we sign our own young talent in Bunk?
    9 million guaranteed is an awful lot for a player who doesn't even play 50% of the snaps. Bunkley loss sucks but isn't devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    I hope it isn't to be our #2. I'm all for bringing Colorado guys home, but Hanie was the worst guy in the league who got significant playing time last year.

I have a hard time believing Hanie could beat out Weber honestly. If we bring him in I hope it is to be our #3.
    That's what TC and preseason are for, Bro. Let the position battles begin.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

"If you really want play-action, you better pull a guard." ~ Greg Roman

9 million guaranteed is an awful lot for a player who doesn't even play 50% of the snaps. Bunkley loss sucks but isn't devastating.
    I do agree, but we gave Mays 4 mil per year ;

And Bunkley is pretty devastating, we have nothing at DT...
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I do agree, but we gave Mays 4 mil per year ;

And Bunkley is pretty devastating, we have nothing at DT...
    Agreed. The talent/depth drop off on our roster os what is devistating.