Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 122
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
    We picked up a hard nosed LB to fill one of our major needs run defense.

    Elway hadn't just taken a year off either. I don't see any Terrell Davis's on your roster. The real guy who put you guys over the top. You defense isnt even close to the caliber you had back then either.

    Nice try "Idiot"
    You'd be a good lawyer. You dont stay on topic with Kish and you dont stay on topic with me and you cloud the subject with irrelevant info. These are the signs of someone who has a weak argument or lost argument. Too bad for you.

    I never said anything about Denver's running game. I compared the age of Elway when he won his SBs to Manning who is now younger, to prove to you a mid or late 30s QB can play well during the season and in the playoffs/SB. Elway was MVP of SB XXXIII at 38...TD wasnt much of a factor that day and Shannon Sharpe went out early with an injury...yet Elway still threw for 336 yards and was responsible for 2 TDs. You gotta get off this age argument, dude...its not automatic that a QB will suck when they are 36 or older. Just look at Warner's stats his last few years, Favre in '09 and Elway's last 3 seasons. There are countless other examples...Plunkett on the Raiders, etc.

    It always cracks me up how you short-sighted Bolt fans try to minimize Elway's 97 and 98 seasons by saying it was all Terrel Davis. Really? In '99 without Elway and with TD (before TD's injury) the Broncos went 0-4. Davis and the whole team needed Elway and vice-versa. One guy was not the reason for Denver's success in '96, '97 and '98. Was it all LT in '06 for the Chargers? By your logic, Rivers meant nothing that season...your own team ruins your argument...love it!! LOL!!!

    The Broncos may not have a TD starting at running back next year, but even without Tebow's running, they still had a top 5 run-attack last year. That will be good enough for Manning and Del Rio's defense (inspired by having Manning on their team) will do just fine next year.

    If Manning's year off makes him rusty, that'll be gone by October. And Denver's defense was good in '96 and mediocre in '97 and '98. I'm willing to bet Del Rio's defense will be better next year than it was in '97 and '98.

    Just like all your other posts in this thread, your above post = FAIL.

    Sorry, but you look like the "Idiot" again.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by mct1967 View Post
    You'd be a good lawyer. You dont stay on topic with Kish and you dont stay on topic with me and you cloud the subject with irrelevant info. These are the signs of someone who has a weak argument or lost argument. Too bad for you.

    I never said anything about Denver's running game. I compared the age of Elway when he won his SBs to Manning who is now younger, to prove to you a mid or late 30s QB can play well during the season and in the playoffs/SB. Elway was MVP of SB XXXIII at 38...TD wasnt much of a factor that day and Shannon Sharpe went out early with an injury...yet Elway still threw for 336 yards and was responsible for 2 TDs. You gotta get off this age argument, dude...its not automatic that a QB will suck when they are 36 or older. Just look at Warner's stats his last few years, Favre in '09 and Elway's last 3 seasons. There are countless other examples...Plunkett on the Raiders, etc.

    It always cracks me up how you short-sighted Bolt fans try to minimize Elway's 97 and 98 seasons by saying it was all Terrel Davis. Really? In '99 without Elway and with TD (before TD's injury) the Broncos went 0-4. Davis and the whole team needed Elway and vice-versa. One guy was not the reason for Denver's success in '96, '97 and '98. Was it all LT in '06 for the Chargers? By your logic, Rivers meant nothing that season...your own team ruins your argument...love it!! LOL!!!

    The Broncos may not have a TD starting at running back next year, but even without Tebow's running, they still had a top 5 run-attack last year. That will be good enough for Manning and Del Rio's defense (inspired by having Manning on their team) will do just fine next year.

    If Manning's year off makes him rusty, that'll be gone by October. And Denver's defense was good in '96 and mediocre in '97 and '98. I'm willing to bet Del Rio's defense will be better next year than it was in '97 and '98.

    Just like all your other posts in this thread, your above post = FAIL.

    Sorry, but you look like the "Idiot" again.
    Where was I off topic In our conversation? He was giving reasons why he thinks manning will be successful and I was giving reason why I don't think he will be. Is that too hard for you to understand???

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    19,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    It was what 1 or 2 years ago when you argued McNeil was the best LT in the AFC West

    Its funny almost everyone on ESPN say that the Chargers are probably the worst team right now in the division if everyone stayed healthy, yet Charger "fans" think they are still the same team who went to the playoffs 3 years ago.
    are you talking to me? i don't recall saying anything of the sort.

    mcneil was good at one point but now he is always in injured and you cannot deny how much better Gaither played when he took over for McNeil last year.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
    Where was I off topic In our conversation? He was giving reasons why he thinks manning will be successful and I was giving reason why I don't think he will be. Is that too hard for you to understand???
    Dude, really? I have to spell everything out for you? You must've struggled in school, eh?

    The entire debate in this thread was about the age and effectiveness of QBs. Yet you try to bring up Terrel Davis and say he and Denver's running game was the reason Elway won his SBs at 37 and 38 (which I disproved). Denver's running game is off-topic. Comprende?

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Land of Zion
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by girlzarefanstoo View Post
    Don't blame you ;-)

    Historically speaking - as in past play, you're right.

    As for the future, Rivers is moving up while Manning is moving down with time. Both are top 5 QBs.
    Manning top 5, Rivers top 10, Manning still steady, Rivers has peaked and should start slipping in 2012 with Norv still in charge.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mile
    Posts
    299
    These Bolton fans are getting burned harder than my butt cheek in July.
    sitting down>laying down

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    260
    This isn't even a conversation. Rivers has seen his day, on the way down now. Peyton is an elite QB mentioned in the same breath as well, John Elway. Rivers doesn't even belong in the conversation when elite QB's like Manning are mentioned. The Broncos are going to SWEEP the AFC West. Chargers don't stand a chance, what with Rivers and Gates? Bout all ya have left, don't think Rivers can win games by himself.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by brutledge79 View Post
    This isn't even a conversation. Rivers has seen his day, on the way down now. Peyton is an elite QB mentioned in the same breath as well, John Elway. Rivers doesn't even belong in the conversation when elite QB's like Manning are mentioned. The Broncos are going to SWEEP the AFC West. Chargers don't stand a chance, what with Rivers and Gates? Bout all ya have left, don't think Rivers can win games by himself.
    LOL! Someone is a little misinformed. River and Gates is all? What about Floyd? Meachem? Royal? Mathews? How exactley is Rivers on his way down?

    Peyton WAS an elite QB. The jury is still out. After missing a year and 4 neck surgeries later. We'll see.

    Want to sig bet on that AFC West sweep prediction? Hell I'll even put up some real money through paypal if you're up for it.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mile
    Posts
    299
    2010:

    TD: 33
    INT: 17
    Yards: 4700

    Led league in att and completions while playing injured.

    Manning>Rivers today, yesterday and tomorrow.
    sitting down>laying down

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7
    You Denver yokles think you're gonna take a team that is half-ass-backward without Tebow and go to the Super Bowl with a beat-up, old, insanely expensive, has-been. I predict Broncos 3rd in division. No Super Bowl winning QB has gone on to win it with another team. The guy has won only a single playoff game since 2006 and u think he is going to perform a miracle and get you to the SB? Suckers! You traded away the miracle man.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    30,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior Bonner View Post
    You Denver yokles think you're gonna take a team that is half-ass-backward without Tebow and go to the Super Bowl with a beat-up, old, insanely expensive, has-been. I predict Broncos 3rd in division. No Super Bowl winning QB has gone on to win it with another team. The guy has won only a single playoff game since 2006 and u think he is going to perform a miracle and get you to the SB? Suckers! You traded away the miracle man.
    The miracle man with the worst % in the NFL
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    9,950
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking to me? i don't recall saying anything of the sort.

    mcneil was good at one point but now he is always in injured and you cannot deny how much better Gaither played when he took over for McNeil last year.
    yeah lazy players who suffered season ending injuries then get cut..then picked up..then cut..then picked up on a 1 yr contract...and need a long term deal..... do tend to play their ass off so they can get one


    i'll agree with you there bap

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    9,506
    @ERoyal thats why he is the miracle man because it was the only way professional analysts could explain how he could win while looking so bad, amazing what teams can do when they are disciplined and let others make mistakes. To bad Tebow is on one of the most undisciplined teams in the country. Still it could be worse he could be a Raider, man imagine that as a makeover for the franchise.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior Bonner View Post
    You Denver yokles think you're gonna take a team that is half-ass-backward without Tebow and go to the Super Bowl with a beat-up, old, insanely expensive, has-been. I predict Broncos 3rd in division. No Super Bowl winning QB has gone on to win it with another team. The guy has won only a single playoff game since 2006 and u think he is going to perform a miracle and get you to the SB? Suckers! You traded away the miracle man.

    LOL!!! Only 8 posts and you're already on probation--Hilarious!! That just says your opinions arent worth reading or to be taken seriously. This kind of blind delusion sounds like Boltman in disguise and since you're already on probation, thats proof enough for me. Couldnt stay away, huh? Better be more careful this time or you'll find yourself banned again.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    19,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    It was what 1 or 2 years ago when you argued McNeil was the best LT in the AFC West

    Its funny almost everyone on ESPN say that the Chargers are probably the worst team right now in the division if everyone stayed healthy, yet Charger "fans" think they are still the same team who went to the playoffs 3 years ago.
    actually, you are wrong.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...power-rankings

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



TRUSTe Certified Privacy Seal