X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParkHill-71
    Bench Warmer
    • Nov 2009

Brandon is a head case which we all know. That said, Cutler isn't the most stable guy around either. I think this is a recipe for disaster there. Combine all those personalities with they wont even pay one of the top running backs in the league what he is worth....

Yea, me thinks there is trouble brewing in Bear country as soon as one thing goes wrong. They have all the ingredients for trouble this comming season.
    sigpic

Comment

• AC1
      Playmaker
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
      If you believe what the Miami players are saying that they are as shocked as the fans over this trade than I don't think he is much of a problem in the locker room.

As for Marshall himself, he is back with Cutler where he has always wanted to be, so there is a comfort level with his QB that he has not seen since 2008. Also if you can't play for Lovie Smith, a players coach, you can't play for anyone.
      You're right about the locker room. He isn't a locker-room problem like TO or Shockey. His teammates like him. In fact, the only guy that I can recall saying anything negative publicly about Marshall was Cutler after the McDonalds incident and Marshall responded very well to that.

You're also right about his comfort level. He always looked up to Cutler as an older brother and was kept in line by Cutler for the most part. It was only after Cutler was traded that Marshall started acting out. With both Shanahan and Cutler gone, no one had the leadership to control him (McDaniels and Orton are both jokes as leaders and Dawkins had only just gotten here).

One never knows how the Marshall situation will play out. I've never liked him since the news about the domestic violence came out, though the diagnosis of his disorder has given me pause for thought. Regardless, the Chicago locker-room with Lovie Smith, Urlacher and most of all Cutler will be a good place for him.
      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• AC1
        Playmaker
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
        anyone who argued that marshall was NOT cancer back in 2008 was just foolish
        Marshall had his share of problems, but he was always liked in the locker-room, atleast while Cutler and Shanahan were here. His problems started when they both left and there was no leadership on the team.
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• PhoenixDread
          Practice Squad
          • Jan 2012

I think this was a flat out lie. If they really were shopping him, why didn't this hit the media? Would've been right under the Manning/Williams big name free agency stories. A bidding war would've begun, and they probably would've gotten more than two thirds for him. With the fans are ready to burn the house down, I guess that's the best excuse they thought they could come up with. Either way it makes no sense to me.

Comment

Working...
          X