• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MorenoFan27
    Practice Squad
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Yeah, b/c Calvin is the only weapon he has
    Cutler has really matured. He's shown that he has a pair, became a leader, and has become a better player. He'd be way better if he never left here, but him B-Marsh and Forte (if they keep him) will be great. He should have the best season of his career. I still like Cutler and love when he does well.

Comment

• MorenoFan27
      Practice Squad
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      [Diabetes] + [borderline personality disorder] + [frustration combined with potential holdout] ?
      Diabetes has not done anything to hurt his ability to play? ... Marshall always produces, and Forte will play his heart out no matter what. He is not the type of guy to not give 100% just because he is butthurt. They will be a scary offense. I think they need to draft a #2 receiver, or a receiving tight end and they will be insane.

Comment

• silversurfer111
        Practice Squad
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
        This post makes little sense. The Bears aren't going to play the Broncos until the 2015 season.

Cam Newton is a very good player, but he is neither a better runner than Forte nor a better QB than Cutler. Deangelo Williams is pretty comparable to Forte though, but would still be second to him.
        Are you serious? Cam Newton is so much better than Cutler.
        Cam Newton is a 2x BCS National Championship winner, he's only been in the league for 1 year and he's a Pro-bowler. Cam Newton can produce results. Jay Cutler can't even produce insulin.

Comment

• JohnShaft
          Bench Warmer
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by silversurfer111 View Post
          Cam Newton can produce results. Jay Cutler can't even produce insulin.
          Yeah. Real classy.

It's been said many times before, but debating Cutler's merit on a Broncos forum is analogous to a guy's ex-girlfriends debating his merits. Chance of objectivity, or even non-negative bias, near nil.

Kudos to the likes of AC, johnlimburg and Moreno Fan, for trying to maintain a bit of objectivity.

Some of the other opinions in here are just lolbiased.
          Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          When I saw Chicago there OL done pretty well, When I went on their forums, as I do for many teams during the season, they seemed happy with how the OL was progressing.
          That's just ridiculous, and why I stopped reading after another couple of pages.

Go ask a Bears forum what they thought of Webb and Louis at Tackle, let alone Omiyale. And Martz's 7-step-dropitis.

+ Marshall + Bush + 1st round RT Carimi (who played 2 games due to injury last year) + 1st or 2nd round OL or WR this year + Bates as Passing Assistant
          - Mike Martz's suicidal Offense
          = likely Jay's best ever year.

The only concern is if they rearrange the chairs on the OL, and the players don't measure up to what Tice thinks they will be like now that they'll get help. But I'm not concerned. I believe.

Comment

• watha?
            Practice Squad
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by JohnShaft View Post
            Yeah. Real classy.

It's been said many times before, but debating Cutler's merit on a Broncos forum is analogous to a guy's ex-girlfriends debating his merits. Chance of objectivity, or even non-negative bias, near nil.

Kudos to the likes of AC, johnlimburg and Moreno Fan, for trying to maintain a bit of objectivity.

Some of the other opinions in here are just lolbiased.

That's just ridiculous, and why I stopped reading after another couple of pages.

Go ask a Bears forum what they thought of Webb and Louis at Tackle, let alone Omiyale. And Martz's 7-step-dropitis.

+ Marshall + Bush + 1st round RT Carimi (who played 2 games due to injury last year) + 1st or 2nd round OL or WR this year + Bates as Passing Assistant
            - Mike Martz's suicidal Offense
            = likely Jay's best ever year.

The only concern is if they rearrange the chairs on the OL, and the players don't measure up to what Tice thinks they will be like now that they'll get help. But I'm not concerned. I believe.
            so true, +1

Comment

• #24 Next Champ
              Playmaker
              • Oct 2008

Cam Newton is a 2x BCS National Championship winner, he's only been in the league for 1 year and he's a Pro-bowler. Cam Newton can produce results. Jay Cutler can't even produce insulin.
              That's uncalled for n quite a low stoop imo

I'm always one for a joke but that wasn't even funny n is definitely not funny to anyone who has or has had a loved one who's struggled with Diabetes

Again, I'm always one for jokes n say don't take things personal but this wasn't funny

Comment

• bears6385
                Bench Warmer
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                Houston.

although cutler may be slightly better than schaub.
                Houston may be as good but I can't say they are better. Cutler is better than Schaub and Johnson is 33 and coming off his worst season due to injury. Foster> Forte though.

Comment

• ERoyal248
                  All-Pro
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                  Houston may be as good but I can't say they are better. Cutler is better than Schaub and Johnson is 33 and coming off his worst season due to injury. Foster> Forte though.
                  Umm, Andre is only 30 lol...

Agree with the rest though.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                    Captain
                    • Apr 2009

Houston is better than Chicago better younger defense, Schaub is better than Cutler; Shaub is ridiculously underrated, Foster is better than Forte. I'm not sure there's a category the bears can say they are heads above Houston.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                      The ArchAngel
                      • Jan 2009

Cam Newton is a better athlete than Jay, but not a better Quarterback.

That's a pretty uncalled for comment by the way. Good that you like to make fun of those with a disease.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• bears6385
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                        Forte is a stud.

But Cutler is not at all even dangerous. Hell, does he even know who's on his team? What about his lack of leadership?

Marshall is an amazing player. But also has Borderline Personality Disorder and as we've seen before, has a little bit of a temper..to say the least.

2 attitude problems, one idiot, and one stud.

=not lethal at all
                        1) I agree Forte is one of the best all around backs in the league. As a runner and receiver few can match him.

2) Over a six week span from a loss in Detroit to his injury in the Chargers game, Cutler was as good a QB as any in the NFL. In those games he did more with less than any QB in the league.

3) I agree Marshall is an amazing WR, 5 1000 yard seasons in a row, only one other active WR has done that. I also believe B. Marsh has done that with six different QB's throwing him the ball. Heis one of the top 5 WR's in the league. His temper has not affected his play on the field.

4) Three Pro Bowl players............yes that is a lethal combination.

Comment

• bears6385
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          Umm, Andre is only 30 lol...

Agree with the rest though.
                          Yep......I was wrong on Johnson's age, he will be 31 at the start of the 2012 season. A truly great player, hope he is healthy next season.:thumb:

Comment

• bears6385
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Sure C + M + F = Good

BUT.......

Chicago goes as far as Peppers and buds take them.
                            I disagree, with the weapons our new GM Phil Emery is getting for Cutler the FO is trying to get this offense up the level of the Packers and Lions. Right now the Bears already have the best defense and special teams in the NFCN. Now it is time for the offense to become even better than last year when we were scoring over 30 pts a game before Cutler went down with his thumb injury.

Comment

• FabrizioHC
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Nov 2011

Too bad they don't have a good O-Line. If Cutler can get the ball out in less than 3 seconds, they will have some success, which I doubt!

Comment

• bears6385
                                Bench Warmer
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
                                Too bad they don't have a good O-Line. If Cutler can get the ball out in less than 3 seconds, they will have some success, which I doubt!
                                About that OL thing...........Giants had the 31st rated OL in the NFL last year, and that did not seem to hurt them to much.

Comment

Working...
                                X