Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It can........for me it's about monitoring the number of headlines in NFL.com that relate to him......that may not amount to much of anything for others here, but now I am interested in that side of the story. Simple research......I'm a simple guy!
    last time I hear that next thing I knew was me being in the obligation to take the engine out of a car !

On a more serious not. It is really getting (was already IMO) ridiculous....Sport channel should talk about sports channel. I knwo TT sells but c'mon man there has to be something else to write about (like the future draft and speculations) than to paint everything in Tebow color.

I for one liked very much the player (even if there was an obvious problem with his passing skills). I wish we could have kept him under the Manning shadow. Unfortunately the media that seem so aligned with him never being able to make it in the NFL now seems to be in a we'll fed you up with him until your not able to hear his name kind of approach and this is what sucks the most....
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I know I'm not helping, but then again, I'm just a poster and nothing else....

BUT the attention afforded Tim Tebow is ridiculous......I'm sure I'm not telling anyone anything new here.

Case in point......NFL.COM is a primary source for NFL info. And if you look at the current front page, Tim Tebow is the main topic in 5 spots, and is mentioned in at least 2 other articles. That's just nuts!!!

Now let me qualify.....

1) I like Tim Tebow.....he is a good human being.
    2) I appreciate the way he plays the game, even though he needs to develop some key passing skills, along with the fundamental ability to read Ds.

- But cmon.....he is currently a backup QB.
    - There is a Draft coming within 2 weeks! Lets spend as much media time as possible on those great up and coming football stories!
    - Even if he beats out Sanchez, there is no guarantee he will ever be a quality QB.
    - The Manning and New Orleans stories (to name a couple) are far more relevant and compelling...

Anyway......not Tebow's fault, but then again, one wonders how this keeps on going on. I for one would prefer we have more articles from all the millions of stories that are being missed. Time for the media to manage what's newsworthy and what just takes up space.......then again, they determine what is popular...........

I guess....
    I've also noted that Tebow's name is on the front page of NFL.com nearly EVERY day. He has become the face of the NFL

Last year it was good and bad for us. It was good because us Bronco fans always had something to read about or watch (espn). Broncos were constantly in the news and it helped me get my Broncos fix. By the same token, it didn't help the team (distraction)

It is what it is. At least now I can sit back objectively and watch it evolve without a dog in the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Demos,

I see what you're trying to say. I do think there are a few people that are fascinated with how exciting Tebow is. I think there are some that think he really is going to be absolutely the best thing the NFL has ever seen.

I don't think there are very many of them however, and I don't think they're the ones driving his jersey sales and web site hits.

You're free to think that the entire world has just been swept up in his winning streak and unconventional game-play if you like, but I don't think that's true, and I'm pretty sure most of us share that view.
    Alastor,

I don't think there are that many who think that Tebow will absolutely be the best thing the NFL has ever seen.

But I do think there are huge numbers that simply like the way he plays the game.

I can relate to this because it's exactly how I became a fan. I doubted him when he first started to get some chatter at Florida. I was like "ummm, what's all the hype about? So the guy runs the ball."

Over 4 years, my opinion changed as he kept running people over and scoring TDs.

As for Jersey sales, it's impossible to know what is driving that as it isn't a huge investment. I'm sure that plenty of parents are going out and buying jerseys for their kids because they like what Tebow stands for. Even then, it doesn't mean they are "Christian", but rather, just what he kind of stands for. Hard work, humility, dedication, yada, yada, yada.

Then, of course, you have women that are buying jerseys because they think he's a hottie or something like that.

So, it's entirely possible that many/most who are buying jerseys are doing so because of things other than the way he plays on the field.

But you went to the point of talking about fans in the stadium. I'm sorry, I just don't see "real Bronco fans" being crowded out of SA Stadium and being replaced by a bunch of Christians spending stupid amounts of money just to see Tebow play. Rather, I see Broncos fans who got swept up in what was happening. And yes, many of them liked what he did on the field.

Sure, they wished that he could have done it for 4 quarters instead of little bursts here and there and then turning it on in the last 5 minutes. But again, it was dramatic. It was fun to watch. You just kept waiting to see when Tebow was going to turn it on.

So yes, many/most out there who aren't "anti Tebow" DID get swept up in the winning streak, the unconventional play, and even the story line of "the kid keeps proving the "experts" wrong".

The wins and the unlikelyness of them are what drove the story for the most part. Sure, there would have been coverage in he beginning when fans were chanting "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow" and the billboard went up.

BUT, if Tebow had come in and the Broncos had gone on a 9 game losing streak, after about the 3rd week, he would have gotten about a minute of coverage per week. "In other news today, Tebow played poorly and the Broncos lost. Now, onto something else."

Do you doubt it ? Think back to the 2010 season. IIRC correctly, Tebow was on the roster and was on the sidelines. He even started the last three games of the season, but how much media coverage was there ? I certainly don't remember a serious media blitz with 24/7 Tebow.

Heck, didn't even have that this year until after the Miami game. Sure, there were some stories here or there about if/when Orton would get benched and Tebow would start. But again, no blitz.

Then, the Broncos had the comeback in Miami, and the buzz started, but was pretty tame. Got killed by Detroit next week and most the buzz was about Tebow playing poorly and the Detroit player mocking him and other players trashing him. But still, there wasn't the wall to wall coverage.

Then comes "the streak". Game on. The media just completely blew up and it just kept snowballing.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I've also noted that Tebow's name is on the front page of NFL.com nearly EVERY day. He has become the face of the NFL

Last year it was good and bad for us. It was good because us Bronco fans always had something to read about or watch (espn). Broncos were constantly in the news and it helped me get my Broncos fix. By the same token, it didn't help the team (distraction)

It is what it is. At least now I can sit back objectively and watch it evolve without a dog in the fight
    And I believe this is why we moved him......instantly, once Manning was signed. Definitely some good backup opportunity, but too much distraction for the team, and Manning and the rest of this fine group do not need that extra noise....we've got a job to do, and the best chance at success translates to minimal distractions. There is nothing much good that comes from that sort of stuff.

Further, expect us to be on our share of prime time games this year......and without TT. We have enough star power in our midst!
    Adopted honourary "All Canadian" team: acpell671, bahn, Bronco-24, Broncoholic JS, Chillez, Flatlander Fan, Gatorgirl, HurricaneDovs, MarshallMoss, msom22, NYChick, thatkidhunt, Vhailor

This is why I don't like to visit nfl.com too much during the off season...

Lord save us all

That's about as low as it can get, methinks.
    [SIZE="1"]This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    This is why I don't like to visit nfl.com too much during the off season...

Lord save us all

That's about as low as it can get, methinks.
    loLol

I saw that the other day. The ironic thing is, TT is this huge sex symbol yet NEVER had sex. Oh the irony

Imagine this story breaks where TT is caught lying about having sex. A video surfaces of TT getting it on with one of those chics. No big deal right? No laws broken. No NFL rules broken. But if a story comes out that he lied about such a thing lololol ... well lets just say it wont affect Denver now. Tebow has built himself up SO high that if anything goes wrong no matter how petty or minor - it's just not going to be a good day for him.

Having said that I don't think he will be the object of a scandal.

But imagine if it was Tebow that was caught stalking instead of McBean last season. ...... rofl

Quote Originally Posted by demosthenes9 View Post

So yes, many/most out there who aren't "anti Tebow" DID get swept up in the winning streak, the unconventional play, and even the story line of "the kid keeps proving the "experts" wrong".

The wins and the unlikelyness of them are what drove the story for the most part. Sure, there would have been coverage in he beginning when fans were chanting "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow" and the billboard went up.
    I think a big part of that winning streak was the fact that the NFL at large didn't know how we were going attack them. Not necessarily how good the team got. Just getting a team on your heels for a fraction of a second can be the difference in 10 yards.

I hope we keep a few of those crazy option plays this year. And by a few I mean maybe a dozen plays all year

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I think a big part of that winning streak was the fact that the NFL at large didn't know how we were going attack them. Not necessarily how good the team got. Just getting a team on your heels for a fraction of a second can be the difference in 10 yards.

I hope we keep a few of those crazy option plays this year. And by a few I mean maybe a dozen plays all year
    D,

I'm purposely trying to avoid discussing things like the "how" and "why" things happened on the field as they did. I mean, this could easily turn into yet another "Man, Tebow can be good" vs "Tebow sucks" thread, and I'm trying to steer well clear of that

I really like Alastor's statement on it:

but rather someone asking a question as to why it's "All Tebow, all the time" on ESPN - and someone giving the answer to that question.

I compare this whole thing to 'Linsanity'. People are fascinated when good things happen to good people. But when the lustre wears off, the hype goes with it. Now people are like "Jeremy Who"? Tebow played a part in rejuvenating a mediocre team. It also happens that he is a good guy. Match the 2 and you have media gold. He will continue to be a front page guy until he is on the bench for an extended period of time, or he loses continuously. The good....or bad part is that NY will not suffer a mediocre QB lightly. If he stinks, they will let him and everyone else know it, immediately. I hope he does well because he is good people. I am also glad he is out of here, and I too am anticipating the hype calming down a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    You know, there is a great simple way to solve the Tebow media thing. Stop clicking on the links.

I guess I get annoyed about how people complain about him. He's a great kid, a great role model, and he's someone in the sports world that kids can look up to.
    If you're looking to professional athletes to be role models, you're barking up the wrong tree.
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.

Dang....if it wasn't for Von's perspective we might be down to only one TT item on NFL.com tonight.

Two is better than five.....in this case!
    Adopted honourary "All Canadian" team: acpell671, bahn, Bronco-24, Broncoholic JS, Chillez, Flatlander Fan, Gatorgirl, HurricaneDovs, MarshallMoss, msom22, NYChick, thatkidhunt, Vhailor

Get used to it, cuz when he blows up in new york, you'll never hear the end of it. And I will laugh even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhailor View Post
    If you're looking to professional athletes to be role models, you're barking up the wrong tree.
    You can have role models. Just don't put them up on a pedestal. There's a difference.
    Thanks IEWT!!!!!!

Even when he played for the Broncos, i thought it was insane the amount of times ESPN, and whatnot talked about it. I'm a diehard Broncos fan, i bleed orange and blue, but i wanna hear about other things going around the NFL, sports in general.

At the time during our streak, GB was UNDEFEATED, and Rodgers was having one of the best QB seasons ever, yet it's all Tebow.

I wish him well, but some of his fans, well, let's just say it was good for both parties to move on. I dunno if he would of repeated his success if he stayed on the team though.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBryce View Post
    Get used to it, cuz when he blows up in new york, you'll never hear the end of it. And I will laugh even harder.
    Yeah, no one's gonna blow up at the H-Back position.

Hooray, beer!