Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If colts traded us there 2nd n 3rd we'd have to swap 3rd round picks. If Miami we get a second n 2 3rds for our 1st n late 3rd
    Not really...according to the Nfl draft value chart our first is worth an early 2nd and early 3rd.

Based on the last couple of years draft trades these values have increased dramatically...but at least it gives us a starting point idea.
    Prediction:

Miller, Doom and Ayers will combine for more than 33 sacks in 2012!

I'm going to miss you Tim Tebow. Thank you for one of the most fascinating and memorable seasons I have ever experienced as a fan. You have inspired me as a person and know if given the chance you will continue to grow and show greatness...I believe in you sir

Strengths:
    Special pass-rusher
    Good repertoire of moves
    Quick get off
    Physical
    Strong bull rush
    Nice pad level
    Turns the corner well
    Has the strength to anchor and hold his ground vs. the run
    Physical run defender who holds the edge
    Shedding blocks
    Pursuit skills
    Developed technique
    Experienced
    Smooth fit as a 4-3 defensive end
    Rushes with good leverage*

Weaknesses:
    Agility
    Could struggle in space as a 3-4 outside linebacker
    Doesn't look like natural as a 3-4 linebacker*

Summary: Perry has been an evolving prospect over the past months, and really, throughout his college career. At one point, he was an undersized end who looked like a better outside linebacker prospect in the NFL. After adding 20 pounds of muscle over the past year, Perry now looks like a base end who is a good fit in a 4-3 defense. He finished the 2012 season on a tear, as he dominated the Pac-12. Perry continued his momentum with an All-Star performance at the NFL Scouting Combine.*

Perry put on a show in Indianapolis with a blistering 40-yard dash time of 4.50 seconds and a 1.56 in the 10-yard split. He also did very well in the bench press, the vertical leap and the broad jump. With a strong Combine performance, Perry confirmed a first-round grade based off of his college production.

Perry broke out as freshman in 2009 with eight sacks, nine tackles for a loss and 24 tackles. His sophomore season didn't go as planned, as he had 25 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks and two forced fumbles. Perry totaled 54 tackles with 9.5 sacks, 13 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and two passes batted in 2011. If he had decided to return for his senior campaign and continued to improve under Monte Kiffin before going pro, he could have been a high first-round pick in 2013.*

Perry enters the NFL as a skilled pass rusher. That is his real strength. He beats tackles with a combination of speed, strength and physicality. Perry has developed a nice repertoire of moves to beat tackles with outside and interior rushes. He was well coached at USC, and enters the league having been developed by a lot of staffers with NFL experience. On the pro level, Perry should improve his technique for run defense. That should be very doable for him as he has the size and power to be a good run defender.*

The best fit, and easiest transition, would be for him to stay in a 4-3 defense. Perry should be able to contribute quickly as a base end. However, he is getting consideration from some teams as a 3-4 outside linebacker. Perry looked a little stiff at outside linebacker at the Combine and his Pro Day. He said he feels more comfortable as a defensive end in a 4-3. If Perry is drafted into a 3-4, he may need more developmental time to get used to his new position. He also may want to trim down to improve his agility for pass drops.*

Player Comparison: Charles Grant. Perry's game is similar to the former Saint. They both are big-bodied defensive ends who are the same height. Grant (6-3, 285) had a quality career for New Orleans with a few seasons of double-digit sacks. Grant was the 25th-overall pick in the 2002 NFL Draft. Perry should go in the same range. It wouldn't be surprising if Perry has a career that is equal to or better than Grant's.
    The question is would a Perry be more impact than a Worthy for us? If we did go Perry, we would be loading up ala NY Giant style on pass rushers which I'm all for. But if the Broncos think I guy like Worthy can add a ferociousness in the Tackle postion for us, that may be more appealing.

Under Del Rio, we may just want big monstrous space cloggers and load up on edge pass rushers.

Where do you think Perry could fit in our 3rd down front line if we already have Miler, Ayers and Doom? I don't think Perry, Miller or Doom could play at a tackle position on 3rd downs. At 271 maybe Perry could?
    Prediction:

I'm going to miss you Tim Tebow. Thank you for one of the most fascinating and memorable seasons I have ever experienced as a fan. You have inspired me as a person and know if given the chance you will continue to grow and show greatness...I believe in you sir

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    I understand that. But when you look at it, they'll only lose one pick because they would've picked twice in the 1st rd. Currently, they only have 1 TE on the roster, I think it's very likely they'll move up to draft Lucks best bud.
    Ahh ... Good point JJ .. I wasn't looking at it that way ...

Also they would probably be getting better overall value .. Chemistry is a huge

Quote Originally Posted by LarryDean View Post
    Ahh ... Good point JJ .. I wasn't looking at it that way ...

Also they would probably be getting better overall value .. Chemistry is a huge
    No doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    The question is would a Perry be more impact than a Worthy for us? If we did go Perry, we would be loading up ala NY Giant style on pass rushers which I'm all for. But if the Broncos think I guy like Worthy can add a ferociousness in the Tackle postion for us, that may be more appealing.

Under Del Rio, we may just want big monstrous space cloggers and load up on edge pass rushers.

Where do you think Perry could fit in our 3rd down front line if we already have Miler, Ayers and Doom? I don't think Perry, Miller or Doom could play at a tackle position on 3rd downs. At 271 maybe Perry could?
    I think he can move inside. But he's going to also be rotating in with Ayers or Doom to keep our players fresh.
    Having a "NASCAR" formation of Miller-Perry-Ayers-Doom is pretty awesome.

And then taking a big guy like Brandon Thompson or Josh Chapman in the 2nd would take up the double teams and free up some players.

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    I think he can move inside. But he's going to also be rotating in with Ayers or Doom to keep our players fresh.
    Having a "NASCAR" formation of Miller-Perry-Ayers-Doom is pretty awesome.

And then taking a big guy like Brandon Thompson or Josh Chapman in the 2nd would take up the double teams and free up some players.
    I hate the "NASCAR" package. I hope we draft some DTs that can get to the passer instead.

I hate the "NASCAR" package. I hope we draft some DTs that can get to the passer instead.
    I'm kind of leaning this way too...guys like Reyes and Wolfe seem more sound up the middle as they have the strength and moves to get it done up the middle. Not to mention they both are going to be way more stout against the run than any DE we put in there.
    Prediction:

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post

The question I would have about Perry is.....would he be any better than Ayers? My answer would be, probably not, and if he is, not by much. I think Perry might be a better pass rusher but less skilled in the run game. I would also question how he would play at the higher weight. That doesn't seem like a very big upgrade or impact player that we need in the first round this season when compared to how a DT like Worthy or Reyes would impact the team.

There is good value at the DT position in the 2nd/3rd rounds

I think we are gonna focus more on guys with solid pass rush though I would take a look at Chapman if he is there in the 3rd

My two favorites DTs are Cox and Still
    Cox will be long gone, Still may be there for us

Brockers right now only draws double teams, he doesnt really have any pass rushing skills
    he will be drafted for his size, but I wouldnt spend a first on him
    Poe will be drafted because of what he did at the combine, but I also wouldnt touch him in the first
    Has short arms and frankly was nothing special in college going against poor competition

Worthy has the talent, but is too inconsistent for me
    but that quick first step he has is intriguing

Brandon Thompson is a guy I like
    doesnt get pushed around and is able to routinely push the pocket

I dont know a ton about Reyes, but I would be ok with him from the little I have seen of him
    Seems to have a good pass rush

Billy Winn is a guy I like as well
    Good rusher and was productive in college

Dont know much about Wolfe
    Martin is a NT with short arms and has no pass rush really
    I think he could be a solid player but I doubt we are interested in him

plus I think Chapman is better anyways

we could go BPA in the first and still get a quality starting DT with our second

Dt is not a juicy position usually there is a standout player or two and everyone else. This year there are no standouts so there is just a lot of players who are about the same level and its hard to tell who is best

There are a bunch of quality DTs. I personally like Brandon Thompson and Kendall Reyes. Both are good at run defense, Brandon Thompson destroys any single team he gets and collapses the pocket, and Reyes is pretty good at pass rushing but still has a TON of potential to improve upon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]