Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Your New Denver Broncos Community!

The Denver Broncos set precedents back in 2003 when they were the first major sports team to create a virtual community for its fans. The Broncos were again the leaders in the industry when that community was expanded to include message boards.

Again, a new standard was set with the CP system and its accompanying promotions system, a feature that has since been copied by many other major sports franchises.

Today, the Denver Broncos have given their fans the most high-grade, cutting-edge features that exist for virtual communities today.

Bear in mind that no upgrade goes perfectly, and that this was a massive upgrade to a massive community. One side-affect of the upgrade is that signature and custom titles parameters that previously were not activating have now activated. Some members may need to edit their signatures and custom titles. We're hoping this is overshadowed by the monstrous list of new goodies you have available to you in addition to a new, sleek, and classy look for your community.

Here are some, but not all, of your new features:

We now have all the social application plugins that you've been asking for. Facebook, Twitter, and a new mobile suite that we'll continue to improve; there are a bunch of other new bells and whistles for you to check out as well!

Social groups which are user controlled and created. Social groups that you create will get their own permissions, their own wall to post discussions on, and their own picture albums for you to share with each other. Make fan clubs, fantasy leagues, pick-em' leagues and whatever else you desire.

We've also enabled customizable profiles for each member of the community. You can now tailor your profile's appearance to your tastes by changing background images, colors, fonts, styles and more.

Visitors can now stop by your profile page and leave you notes, and you can return those notes on your page or visit theirs and have a conversation. You can also manage your own discussions or turn them off completely.

We've also added the use of tags, which will now be given to many of our users so that threads where they are active or have special impact can be identified for quick browsing and reference, as well as a little more acknowledgement of those who make this community great: The fans.

Additionally, we've enabled user albums for our community. You can now upload, store and share photos in the community. You can add them to your group albums, post them in threads, put them on your profile, have friends comment on them, and more.

You made it clear you wanted the ability to embed Youtube videos and we tried it out. Thanks to you, things went well and you may now embed videos from not just Youtube, but also Hulu, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google and Facebook.

User Ranks and CP Display have also been changed. You'll now see a football field instead of the small dots, marking your progress towards the ultimate goal; a touchdown!

We have new icons for the boards as well, including some that will make our members that are fans of other teams feel right at home. The AFC West forum was custom tailored for just those fans, to make sure they understood we appreciate them and all that they do for the community.

And of course, all of these new features--and some we've forgotten to list--have been tied into the Contributor Status system, so now you'll find even more rewards each time you move forward on your quest for the end zone.

Please take a moment to take a look around your newly renovated community that was redesigned with all your comments and feedback in mind and then share your thoughts on it all.

On behalf of the community, Bronco fans and all the people who help make this place what it is, I'd like to express a very special thank you to the Denver Broncos, who take better care of their fans than any other franchise in the world.

I'd also like to thank and commend our web team at Akavit who did an amazing job with this project.

I'd like to also give credit to the many, many hours of hard work that the moderating team put in cleaning up the boards, re-organizing the forums, straightening out issues, pointing out bugs, helping to design the systems we've installed (even if they didn't realize that was what they were doing), and for their tireless devotion to the people of this community, for whom they work on a volunteer basis.

And finally, I'd like to give the most profound thank you of them all to the fans who made this community great over the years. We've come a long, long way and you've been patient. I'm certain I speak for the entire organization when I say it's great to finally present a reward that you, the best fans in the world, deserve.

Thank you for making this community what it was, what it is, and what it will be tomorrow.

So is a CP touchdown a new rank like before?

Pretty bad ass so far!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

I approve.

And feel very disorientated.

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

It's bizarre.

I think I like it, but I don't know. I'll get back to you.

It'll take some getting used to....that is for sure.

It looks really nice though, so good work!
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

New Messaging Boards

Way thumbs up! Good job to the team of developers who got this designed. I'm on my phone ! But way cool. Can't wait to log on my computer
    Hopefully they integrate the Broncos app with it !

Love it....
    Administrator

I know this may not be the right section! But I had to post !

I think I like it...we're just very scared of change.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    So is a CP touchdown a new rank like before?
    Nope, The touchdown is the end of the CP line.

You get a first down per promotion. There are ten first downs to reach the end zone.

Facebook connection isn't working

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Nope, The touchdown is the end of the CP line.

You get a first down per promotion. There are ten first downs to reach the end zone.
    Wow, that's really clever!

Adopted Broncos: Peyton Manning and Terrance Knighton

How do I check CP's?

Adopted Broncos: Peyton Manning and Terrance Knighton

Still not sure how i like it not to fond of the color

Guess it will need some getting used to

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    How do I check CP's?
    Under settings

Hooray, beer!