View Poll Results: How does Peyton look so far?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome, no complaints.

33 19.64%
  • Encouraging, but room for improvement.

96 57.14%
  • About what I expected. Not great, not bad.

19 11.31%
  • Some good throws, but not what i expected.

11 6.55%
  • Bring back Tebow!!!!!!!!!!

9 5.36%
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYV0y0WrlZE

Peyton's footwork has always been like that, even in college.

Don't worry about that guy, He's just a troll, not even a fan of the Broncos. not sure why he can't just go away....
    >>>750 posts in PEYTON MANNING news, updates and discussion THREAD 1,415 pages 21,210 posts 689,377 views<<<
    When we got Manning!

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #16

Incarcerated Bob, you rocked Broncos Country!

Thanks for the excitement Tim, good luck in the future!

Ahhh...the ball wobbled since it was wet. Did anyone actually take that into account?

Wet track, been a bit since his last game, etc..

His arm looked fine. My wife, a die-hard Colts fans said he looks like Peyton.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Legion509 View Post
    I saw the highlights and I haven't seen a QB hold on to a ball so long in my entire life. I guess blame the receivers. Also whats up with those happy feet, he never did that in Indy. Honestly I give him a so so, which is terrible really for a 96 million dollar guy, but alas it is preseason, so we will see.
    LOL....Manning held on to the ball to long? When Tebow was QB it was blame Tebow, now its blame the WRs. Anywhoo Manning has always had an average above average arm. He did drive us down the field...the int was both manning and stokleys fault it was thrown a bit behind, but stokley still should of caught it. Its been awhile give this some time its still weird seeing manning in a Broncos uniform its almost surreal....

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I wouldn't say it looked "weak" but I wouldn't quite say he looked like the pinnacle of Peyton Manning. Really, the only throw that got my attention was that weird wobbler across his body to Decker on the other side of the field. Thing really floated for a while and I thought it was picked. He followed that up a few minutes later with a lazer across the middle which looked pretty dang good.

His arm will be fine. First meaningful throws in over a year.

Mannings arm looked weaker than normal... surely not the laser rocket armed qb of the past.
    2014 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 2 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Quote Originally Posted by Legion509 View Post
    I saw the highlights and I haven't seen a QB hold on to a ball so long in my entire life. I guess blame the receivers. Also whats up with those happy feet, he never did that in Indy. Honestly I give him a so so, which is terrible really for a 96 million dollar guy, but alas it is preseason, so we will see.
    As has been pointed out already, everybody who has watched Manning play very much knows he often sets and resets his stance like his feet are jackhammers or that he is standing on a hot skillet. Happy feet refers to feet that are likely to run out of the pocket at the first sign of danger.
    Not the same thing at all. And if you think Manning was holding the ball longer than any other QB you have seen, it can only mean one of two things: the OL must have improved over 1000% since last year to allow him the extra time to do that, or else you are sadly mistaken in your observations about a quartetback well known for making the fastest decisions and having one of the quickest releases in football.

The only reason he looked a bit slower is because I think we were all surprised at how extremely hard Osweiler threw. I have to say, I had very low expectations for the kid... but nobody on that team throws as hard as Oz. Not Weber, Hanie, or Peyton. I was blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by super_boltz View Post
    Mannings arm looked weaker than normal... surely not the laser rocket armed qb of the past.
    Manning has NEVER been a 'laser rocket armed qb' ...

Lmao. I see your quoting thr commercial, but he has never had a lazer rocket arm. He was rated the most cerebral qb of all time. Thats what makes Peyton so great. That and his work ethic. Guys a horse... pun intended.
    He looked like the Peyton I watched play in Indy all those years. He throws wobbly passes sometimes. Always has. But you better believe they hit their mark.

Uhhh, Manning has never had a rocket arm, don't know what your talking about.

Manning is all about timing, precision, accuracy..
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

he didn't have Brock cannon fire but he never has. I thought he looked okay except for the tipped passes, those are on Peyton

Smack is weaker than Ryan Matthews' clavicle...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
    Smack is weaker than Ryan Matthews' clavicle...
    LOL this.. 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by milehigh1990 View Post
    he didn't have Brock cannon fire but he never has. I thought he looked okay except for the tipped passes, those are on Peyton
    Wrong. I get tired of repeating myself, but here. He put that pass to Stokley where he did so he didnt lead Stok to the saftey on a possible big hit. He had Stoks well being in mind on that one. I guarantee it. The Tamme tip.. happens.